Where Were You When the Dragon Broke?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brina

I found this book in Dragonborn DLC and I have no idea what any of it means. I skimmed it, looked it up on the wiki and it doesn't really say much about it.
Does anybody know what it means or is about, and what is "dragon breaking"?

Interesting to note: this book is also in TES Morrowind.

Wiki link:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Where_were_you_when_the_Dragon_Broke?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Can you post a link to the wiki so people who haven't read ir before, can?

Staff member
Whoa. That was a bizarre read :S Thankyou for bringing this to my attention.

Staff member
GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER, DAGMAR! WE NED U!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
From what I've read, the Dragon Break is some kind of dimensional rift and there is a theory that the dwemer disappeared into one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
From a practical perspective, Dragon Break is Bethesda's Deus Ex Machina (no not the video game :p ). It's a plot device that's used to resolve a seemingly unsolvable problem with a usually abrupt, unnatural and unexpected event, character, object, or power. In the game Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, the consequences of the player's choice regarding who gets the Totem that controls bronze colossus Numidium are markedly different from another. Bethesda needed a way to resolve all the contradictory endings so it created the Dragon Break, a warping of reality where time temporarily becomes non-linear (the term Dragon Break comes from Akatosh being the Dragon God of Time) enabling otherwise contradictory outcomes to co-exist and then resolve as something completely different than what they were before the Dragon Break once it ends. That particular Dragon Break was known as The Warp In The West and with it Bethesda was able to create a completely different outcome from the events of Daggerfall. To obscure it as a plot device, Bethesda then also sprinkled the history of Tamriel with other Dragon Breaks. The Dragon Break described in Where Were You When the Dragon Broke? is one of the other Dragon Breaks which occurred when Tiber Septim first activated Numidium in Elsweyr.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts