• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

andrew9300

I live in Lakeview Manor, but I am contemplating moving back to Solitude due to the safety, no giants, bandits, or Dragons, and it is more convenient.

SOLITUDE , I actually made the mistake of adopting kids before building my awesome house , oh well , By the way you cant move , once you have kids , ever

buggegirl99

SOLITUDE , I actually made the mistake of adopting kids before building my awesome house , oh well , By the way you cant move , once you have kids , ever
yeah you can just ask your husband/wife and say "id like to move us somewhere else." and they will say yes.

Adam Warlock

I started with Lakeview and had the same experience re: attacks so I asked Ysolda to move back to Proudspire Manor.
After 4 or 5 of my returns to Solitude , family life was indeed "safer" but got very boring.

The children can`t be killed so it`s really a choice on how exciting/unpredictable you want your game to be.
We`ve moved back to Lakeview now so the Dragonborn can express his righteous rage at those who would target his family.
Besides , the fresh air there makes a body good and the resident Bard will sing of your glorious feats to your spouse and kids !

And nothin` says lovin` like warm sweet rolls from the oven !

buggegirl99

i live in lakevoew manor also, equipped with an armoury, two bedrooms, an alchemy tower, with a garden, animal pen with a cow and two chickens, a stable without a horse, a carriage driver, a bard, and lydia as my steward. boy, life is good

Adam Warlock

you can only move when you have not adopted kids , once you have them the dialogue to move is gone , you cant leave that house
that`s not the case for me.
by telling Ysolda to move anywhere I have a house equipped for children , they are always there waiting (even the snow fox Clueless comes along)
my family has been in 6 different homes so far

Do you have kid`s beds and chests where you want to move?
i don`t think spouses will offer to move the kids to an unsuitable location

Primrose the huntress

Master assassin/nightingale
lakeview manor, but i am building Heljarchen hall... Dont know if i should move there as its quite in the open and is covered in snow. I prefer the looks of lakeview manor because it is very pretty and there is a lake and there are beautiful coloured leaves. :p

buggegirl99

you can only move when you have not adopted kids , once you have them the dialogue to move is gone , you cant leave that house
yeah i can still move, you probs have a bug or like what Adam Warlock said, your other home may not be suitable for children

yeah i can still move, you probs have a bug or like what Adam Warlock said, your other home may not be suitable for children
I will try and ensure it has bedrooms for the kids and etc , i want to move to lakeview , I built the bedroom wing and there are two child sized beds in the main hall , why wont the option come up :L

Adam Warlock

I will try and ensure it has bedrooms for the kids and etc , i want to move to lakeview , I built the bedroom wing and there are two child sized beds in the main hall , why wont the option come up :L
kids need beds and storage in their room and if you have another bed for you and your spouse , it should work.
could be a bug but try adding some dressers upstairs or chests w/kid`s beds in the bedroom wing and see

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
And nothin` says lovin` like warm sweet rolls from the oven !
I could just so see you defending against bandits, dragons, giants having a field of slain enemies at your feet at your moment of victory then be all "BY THE NINE I LEFT MY SWEET ROLLS IN THE OVEN THEY'RE BURNING!!" and you run off to the kitchen.

Adam Warlock

Have tried family living at all 3 Hearthfire homes and can report that in my game at least Lakeview Manor has the most random attacks and variety of foes.
Skeevers were first everywhere but no longer appear. Lakeview has also had rogue bandits , 2 giants , a vampire , a kidnapper(Rochelle the Red left ransom note for return of Ysolda) , and 2 dragons !
Heljarchen had giants , bandits , and wolves . Windstad just bandits.
Probably the case that the longer you live anywhere the more things will happen but Lakeview certainly generating more excitement in my domestic life so far

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Have tried family living at all 3 Hearthfire homes and can report that in my game at least Lakeview Manor has the most random attacks and variety of foes.
Skeevers were first everywhere but no longer appear. Lakeview has also had rogue bandits , 2 giants , a vampire , a kidnapper(Rochelle the Red left ransom note for return of Ysolda) , and 2 dragons !
Heljarchen had giants , bandits , and wolves . Windstad just bandits.
Probably the case that the longer you live anywhere the more things will happen but Lakeview certainly generating more excitement in my domestic life so far

It's like the Godfather "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in"

You just can't settle down and retire at your nice home, beautiful setting, watching the sunset over the lake as you enjoy your mead and sweet rolls, because some people just don't get the message to not go near the sweet roll factory.

Lakeview Sweet rolls - The finest for any adventurer.
Warning contains skooma extract, addiction may occur, if skin rash and or loss of hair and inactive sex drive occur please speak to your nearest Alchemist.

Adam Warlock

It's like the Godfather "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in"

You just can't settle down and retire at your nice home, beautiful setting, watching the sunset over the lake as you enjoy your mead and sweet rolls, because some people just don't get the message to not go near the sweet roll factory.

Lakeview Sweet rolls - The finest for any adventurer.
Warning contains skooma extract, addiction may occur, if skin rash and or loss of hair and inactive sex drive occur please speak to your nearest Alchemist.
lol. Cooking is one of my guilty pleasures .

My Lavender Dumplings have become a regular menu item as well.
Makes a great dessert after the Elsweyr Fondue !

Lucy_In_The_5kyr1m

Professional Procrastinator
I have a bit of glitch going on with my Hearthfire. To cut the story short I couldn't make my family live under one roof. The kids are in Lakeview Manor while husband Vilkas is in Heljarchen Hall. Initially hated going back and forth between the two houses. In the end I came to term with Vilkas's attachment with the cold Nordic weather. At least we get to have a bit of privacy while the kids are having fun in the lake side :D

Oplandus the High Elf

Long Live the Thalmar
i live in Herchlen hall, sorry about the spelling. I thinks its the best because the view and the placement

Osiris

Child of the Sky
When I played as an Imperial Ranger, I moved to riften with my feisty black wife and our white daughtero_O, and she yelled at me because Riften is only a good place for a child if they want to become a pickpocket...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts