Spoiler Whats the story behind Miraak's robes?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Miraak's robes consist of Absorb 15% of the magicka from dragon breath and spells. Chance on hit to spawn a tentacle explosion.

I was wondering if Hermaeus Mora has anything to do with the enchantment of his robes, and the possible incarceration of Miraak in Apocrypha because of the chances of it spawning tentacles that explodes?

Are the robes Mora's way of controlling his "champions", and keeping them in line and finally making sure that their 100% faithful to him? I could only imagine that his robes are somewhat like handcuffs.. If Mora feels that if your unfaithful to him he himself could spawn tentacles from the robes thus taking wrapping your body, and physically taking you to Apocrypha to be punished... or killed depending on Mora's mood. It would be as if you were reading one of the black books you would typically find at certain locations.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Reading that one of my thoughts was "I've seen enough Hentai to know were this is going." and that makes sense honestly.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Seeing how the Miraak Mask resembles a seeker, I'd assume old Mora did have something to do with the creation of the robes,staff,sword and mask. Mora seems like the kind of prince that always wants to have control over his champion.

Reading that one of my thoughts was "I've seen enough Hentai to know were this is going." and that makes sense honestly.
:eek: and now I can never wear those robes again...thanks buddy.

MrDSL

I agree that it seems he made the equipment..Heck even the tentacle that comes out of the sword looks like the tentacle that trys to hit when you get to close to that murky water type stuff.

Dashmiel

It's pretty safe to assume that all of the tentacle paraphernalia was either made by Old Mora himself, or crafted for Miraak by his eternal book-nerd disciples in Apocrypha. The whole theory of them being used to control also strikes me as the most likely scenario. As for the hentai comment...the fan-fictions are already out there.

CaptMorgan72

Miraak was Mora's champion, so it stands to reason that the robe, sword and staff was blessed by Mora. Miraak's dragon priest mask looks like a seeker too. That fool had Mora's blessings and gifts along with his Dragonborn power and he threw it all away.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
It is strange however why Miraak would have chosen to go against Mora as Miraak had been Around for over 5000 years old and that may be from 2 different things.

1. Miraak is Undead (I have used detect life on him and he is effected so he a is Mortal)
2. Being in Apocrypha has granted Miraak Agelessness, not Eternal life or Immortality but sort of like the People in the Shivering Isles, If Miraak left apocrypha he would not live much longer as he appears to already be middle-aged, So why would he have wanted to leave when that would have forced his body to start ageing again

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Miraak's robes consist of Absorb 15% of the magicka from dragon breath and spells. Chance on hit to spawn a tentacle explosion.

I was wondering if Hermaeus Mora has anything to do with the enchantment of his robes, and the possible incarceration of Miraak in Apocrypha because of the chances of it spawning tentacles that explodes?

Are the robes Mora's way of controlling his "champions", and keeping them in line and finally making sure that their 100% faithful to him? I could only imagine that his robes are somewhat like handcuffs.. If Mora feels that if your unfaithful to him he himself could spawn tentacles from the robes thus taking wrapping your body, and physically taking you to Apocrypha to be punished... or killed depending on Mora's mood. It would be as if you were reading one of the black books you would typically find at certain locations.

>> Umm, that is interesting and a possibility but I am not going to find out. I just kept everything as a trophy. I wear the Savos-Aren armor which in my opinion, is much better than Miraak’s ...

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
It is strange however why Miraak would have chosen to go against Mora as Miraak had been Around for over 5000 years old and that may be from 2 different things.

1. Miraak is Undead (I have used detect life on him and he is effected so he a is Mortal)
2. Being in Apocrypha has granted Miraak Agelessness, not Eternal life or Immortality but sort of like the People in the Shivering Isles, If Miraak left apocrypha he would not live much longer as he appears to already be middle-aged, So why would he have wanted to leave when that would have forced his body to start ageing again

This is completely my personal theory on it, but I don't think aging is a big problem in Tamriel, there's vampirism and probably some old arcane lore and stuff to keep you alive.

And also, to me it makes sense that he does some sort of vampiristic life drain? Like he does in Apocrypha, he kills his dragons to regain life, that could probably be used to prevent age in some way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts