• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
One second, I will edit in the name after I see my "title" below my username... too lazy to look elsewhere...

Bahnahgaar. Wrath-fury-unleashed

Then for something more like a title....

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Mighty-Guardian- Shield.

Haha! I just read that light armour thread. Glad to meet someone else who fights in the nude...
I've tried everything I could think of. That includes smithing up to the Armor Cap, and the crafting loop of free destruction, but those CC builds are the most boring to me. Not just because they aren't my ideas (That's major too) but also the fact that it's boring to not have to worry about anything ever. Anyway, that's pretty much how I see myself in the Skyrim community. Got a build idea? I can tell you how to make it work, or why it won't. That's pretty much what I'm here for.

So far my favorites are: Unarmored 2H Assassin, because Assassin's Blade just ain't gonna happen, and if I do get busted (It happens) I have to fight for my life. Hack&Bash makes it just doable, and she uses Vampire Dust for the rare times she needs Invisibility, but it's what turned out to best balance the difficulty of the entire game on Adept, which is itself the Balanced Difficulty.
A6602C2901EB87DC7B1452175AF4B7F25B24DE56
Her signature combo is Great Critical Charge, and Silent Roll to ambush from the shadows whenever there's a few guys standing around the Campfire. If not a 1HK, it's got a lot of Stagger, and knocks a good dent in their health, so she can usually finish him with a follow up before he recovers, and his friends join the fight.

Shield Mage:
509E05209DDB8B1E3B8788A27C7D489455ED6659
Can be OP in the right kind of fight by stunlocking in the AoE of Wall of Flame/Cloak stacked with the bleed of the Targe of the Blooded, but it's all indirect damage, and if I don't pull off the prep, she can get in real trouble quick.

My Avatar, Axeon is similar, but with 2H, and no Wall Spells. Again, Hack&Bash, with AoE/DoT, but Light Armor (Curently Fine Chiton) and the Drainblood Battleaxe got swapped for the Bloodskal Blade. (I respecced out Limbsplitter.) No real weaknesses, except possibly the Stamina Drain/Slow effects of Frost, but not so powerful that every fight is cheesecake, neither.
EEF69D6FE46EA26CD6FD810A87DF5DDD4BC0C49C

Bound Bow, and Targe: The secret here is when you cast the Bow, the Shield goes away, but reappears magically when it times out, or you sheathe, so it's basically Bound Shield. Also, the bleed makes it her Melee weapon, instead of a Dagger. (You can do the same thing with any 1H weapon except Bound Sword, and several other spells too.) However, Block, and Archery are extremely perk Efficient, and Conjuration levels extremely fast with just 4 perks for Mystic Binding, and Adept. So, the basic build is about 3 hours, then you can Sneak Shot up to Deadly Aim. I killed all 3 Frost trolls in Labrynthian at level 4 just to get my Archery up in the first hour.
5A27E81F98430243D8618FE0B20D706E0C58BEE1
Since they regenerate, if you can evade both, one heals while you shoot the other (I killed one outright, because 3 gets way too hectic) and you can sustain it indefinitely, or in my case from 50-100.

There's some others, but what they all have in common is: 1) Low level for quick building, and minimum Grinding. Ideally, I get all my XP in combat, and never Craft past Steel Smithy. (Axeon is working on Elven ATM.) 2) Some chink in the armor, so there's at least some possibility of dying eventually. Invulnerability gets old real quick. And 3) usually versatility, which translates to Ranged, and CQC capability. Dreadfall, the Greatsword Assassin (Or Bandit with delusions of grandure) is melee only, but is Not Dragonborn, so doesn't have to worry about the only enemies that can meta past this lack. Destruction isn't as powerful as Archery, but more versatile, so I often go with that.

Sorry about the tangent, but I also have names for some of my Characters in case the Dragons notice them enough to whisper paranoiacally amongst themselves.

For instance, I suppose my Arcane Assassin, Nightmer:
A8F2951CDFA4BD83ED4B8D2971CED0B7BAA48743
Could possibly be called Fahliil Vokun after defeating Alduin, Miraak (Shewn shortly thereafter) and riding off into the sunset on Odaviing (Not Shown.) Of course, by this point, he'd abandoned the Nightblade business, and become more of a Battlemage, that last one was all Ebonyflesh (Magearmor 3, and Stability) and Bound Bow with the Atronach Stone for Spell Absorbtion. Fortunately, he was able to respec a lot of skills to to aid in the transition.

That's his signature pose in his outfit, Nightingale Hood (Instead of Vokun, because it's heavy Armor) Shrouded Boots, Gloves, and Master Robes of Illusion. Though all Light Armor, he doesn't actually have any skill, because getting hit doesn't happen a whole lot when you're Invisible. (Unfortunately, Miry is a little too clever for that kind of noise.) They're just Enchantment Carriers picked to match the Robes, and his plainclothes version is actually Jester's Boots/Gloves, and Shrouded Hood so he can say "I'm just a Master Wizard, see?" and cast Candlelight. (He also owns some Telvanni Robes.) I haven't played him past this point, because there's literally nothing left to do, unless another DLC comes out. If there was, I'd probably swap in Miraak's Robes, and boots for 100% Spell Absorbtion (Now that I have the Perk Points for the Atronach) and truly break the damned thing all ready.

That's the problem with Arcane Assassins for me. (Including Nightblades, which I consider a specialized subset.) I love building them, but when it gets to the point of Assassin's Blade, and Invisibility, it gets kind of dull. So, I generally stop playing them, and start over fresh. The only reason I havened saved over this time is because it's so cool being there, at the end of Apochrypha, with all my options open to me, and such a beauty of a posing opportunity...

For clarity, the difference between a classic Nightblade, and this style of Arcane Assassin is mostly Conjuration and Archery instead of Destruction. About the only thing he can't kill outright is a Dragon on the Wing, I don't even bother with Dragonrend, because the fight is a lot more fun shooting them down with Bound Bow. Now, even that's over because I can just shout them down, mount them, and ride off like a Boss. TBPH, it sucks being the boss. Nobody wants to play with me. :sadface:

Verac

if i were a dragon my name would repersent my ways and appearance much like others such durneviir mine is simple but sticks to my RL nature, my name is Vulventuz meaning Dark-wind-blade. My dragon would have the appearance of a young alduin with a mix of Durneviir/alduin appearance slender but still big and menacing he prefers not to mettle in anyones affair and takes no sides only tearing through the skies searching for fellow friendly dovahs or foes to match his strength and skill. he also dousnt hate mortals as much as others but still has a disliking for them but would grow on one if proven worthy. ((Sorry for the somewhat RPish nature lol i like going into detail))

Duh! DdraigGwyn!

Okay,it should be DdraigGoch, but someone already had that name.

Wildroses

Britvahruktlovass.

Brit-Vahrukt-Lovaas.

Beautiful Memory Song.

I have a soft romantic soul. I'd make a lousy dragon.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Kiir'Peytgravunn

Child of the Autumn Rose...
because my mother's name was Rose and she was born in autumn. Everyone in my family think I look and act a lot like her.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
Reksu'umlaas which loosely translates as "She breathes life," mostly because I am gentle at heart and would be better suited to save people/dragons or I guess resurrect people/dragons, than I would be for killing them. So I probably wouldn't have a bad*** name.

Tzipora

Lo-Peyt-Ronaan (Deceive, Rose, Archer)

I am deceiving in my actions (destroying the Dark Brotherhood, bringing the sacrifice to the cannibals, but killing them all instead, catching people off guard) pretty like a rose, and an archer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts