What score would you give Dawnguard out of 10?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What score would you give Dawnguard?

• Total voters

Derek Jeder

I'm posting this against my better judgement, for I fear that this will spiral out of control. Not everyone is a speedrunner. SOME of us prefer to start new characters and savor new things. It is very clear that you think your bragging. No one, I repeat, no one thinks that you are "cool" because you rushed through something.
I wasn't implying that I'm "Cool", and I'm not bragging. And for the record, I've played through 4 times now, and after "Speedrunning" through the first 2, I savored the scenery and gameplay, marveling at Bethesda's achievments and fabulous graphics. So, the moral of this post is stick to your better judgment.

i would give it a 9.5 because their wasn't enough missions as a vampire but becoming a flying vampire lord is sick and the perk tree aswell

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Played it for 2 hours at a friends house, what I seen I give a 8/10. As for size. From what I understand the main quest-line is about 20% of all the new content. I only plan on one play through of it anytime soon after release because I want a good solid "been there, done that" type of play through. And I am telling you it's taking forever without DLC let alone how adding DLC will make it.

perkecet

i've given it a six. it's really short, and severely lacks side content. i heard 20 hours for the main quest and i did it in around 12, while also doing half of the ONLY side quest in dawnguard, as well as a few other small things. i think they dropped the ball on a few things, one being side content. how do you add at best 15 hours of story, and ONE side quest. one... sure it's got some length to it, but they make you run through vanilla dungeons, that's a mistake.

another thing i was extremely disappointed in was what many assumed to be somewhat of a main attraction, the soul cairn. you spend around half an hour to an hour there. what's the point then? i was excited to enter it for the first time, expecting a few story quests there, few side quests, and then maybe a reason to go back. none of that. you get essentially one quest which is basically "kill these three dudes then kill a dragon" you also get the chance to find a horse, but that's just an artificial way to make you stick around longer, since it forces you to wander around until you find the damn thing. all in all, bethesda really missed a good opportunity here by making the soul cairn a place you spend a short amount of time in once, and then never return.

i've given it a six. it's really short, and severely lacks side content. i heard 20 hours for the main quest and i did it in around 12, while also doing half of the ONLY side quest in dawnguard, as well as a few other small things. i think they dropped the ball on a few things, one being side content. how do you add at best 15 hours of story, and ONE side quest. one... sure it's got some length to it, but they make you run through vanilla dungeons, that's a mistake.

another thing i was extremely disappointed in was what many assumed to be somewhat of a main attraction, the soul cairn. you spend around half an hour to an hour there. what's the point then? i was excited to enter it for the first time, expecting a few story quests there, few side quests, and then maybe a reason to go back. none of that. you get essentially one quest which is basically "kill these three dudes then kill a dragon" you also get the chance to find a horse, but that's just an artificial way to make you stick around longer, since it forces you to wander around until you find the damn thing. all in all, bethesda really missed a good opportunity here by making the soul cairn a place you spend a short amount of time in once, and then never return.
Well, there is that one guy who doesn't think he's a ghost. I thought that finding his pages for him was pretty fun. Did you find the new locations? Like that place with the RedWater Skooma? That place was awesome. I wont spoil it, but it takes a turn.

Vrael42

The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because I wanted more content. But the content they did add was awesome.
Outa ya mind dude? Other crummy companies take 3000ms points for some weapon skins and 1-2 new levels yaaay. They made a whole new story, bunch of side missions, massive new items and feats etc etc. And I still discover new stuff, like Auri-El's Shield.

perkecet

Outa ya mind dude? Other crummy companies take 3000ms points for some weapon skins and 1-2 new levels yaaay. They made a whole new story, bunch of side missions, massive new items and feats etc etc. And I still discover new stuff, like Auri-El's Shield.
you're looking at this wrong. we were charged a third of the price the original game cost, and dawnguard is miles away from a third of the content. it's closer to around a tenth, but that even seems like a bit of a stretch.

you're looking at this wrong. we were charged a third of the price the original game cost, and dawnguard is miles away from a third of the content. it's closer to around a tenth, but that even seems like a bit of a stretch.
You forget that that is exactly how a DLC works, at least nowadays. We were told that we would get two factions, a Dawnguard and a Vampire Lord. We were also told that we would get new places, such as the Soul Cairn. We were told that we would get new quests. We got all of these things. They only fell short on the amount of time played. This is a classic expansion DLC. On it's own, it is small bit of gameplay. However, it is a large leap forward from the "map-pack" "DLC's" that plague us today.

In short, you got most of what was promised. Stop complaining.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You forget that that is exactly how a DLC works, at least nowadays. We were told that we would get two factions, a Dawnguard and a Vampire Lord. We were also told that we would get new places, such as the Soul Cairn. We were told that we would get new quests. We got all of these things. They only fell short on the amount of time played. This is a classic expansion DLC. On it's own, it is small bit of gameplay. However, it is a large leap forward from the "map-pack" "DLC's" that plague us today.

In short, you got most of what was promised. Stop complaining.

Pretty much this. Shelling out 20 bucks for a plopsty map pack for a COD game is more of a sham than Dawnguard.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
I'm posting this against my better judgement, for I fear that this will spiral out of control. Not everyone is a speedrunner. SOME of us prefer to start new characters and savor new things. It is very clear that you think your bragging. No one, I repeat, no one thinks that you are "cool" because you rushed through something.
Well said.

I overall loved the DLC. The characters, the abilities, the storyline(s), the powers, the enimies, and, obviously,
you get to meet a fl*ffing SNOW ELF!
However, I was disappointed that the gameplay didn't last that long.

9/10

I overall loved the DLC. The characters, the abilities, the storyline(s), the powers, the enimies, and, obviously,
you get to meet a fl*ffing SNOW ELF!
Indeed. It was fun Fus Roh Dahing him of the cliff. And even more fun trying to find the body while being attacked by those two dragons.

Indeed. It was fun Fus Roh Dahing him of the cliff. And even more fun trying to find the body while being attacked by those two dragons.
OMG those
dragons
scared the plopse out of me the first time I found them! It was worth it for that awesome-looking
Ancient Falmer armor.

Slowbro

6/10. I'm new to the concept of DLCs (and to games like the elder scrolls in general) my big disappointment was that the dawnguard/vampire questlines are identical
I think $20 was too much for the short content (heck, they're porting an HD version of Okami to the ps3 for the same price)

6/10. I'm new to the concept of DLCs (and to games like the elder scrolls in general) my big disappointment was that the dawnguard/vampire questlines are identical
I think $20 was too much for the short content (heck, they're porting an HD version of Okami to the ps3 for the same price)
However, Skyrim's (only) DLC is worth much more than a 20 map-pack or an "HD remake". I already posted this, but you got what was advertised. It only fell short on the amount of playtime.

The Blasphemer

An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm
6/10 No more, no less

1) It only took my about 5-7 hours to beat it :/ 2) Nearly the exact same story either path you choose, making decision making completely unimportant. 3) Perk trees took about an hour to fill (maybe), didn't really making any changing or noteworthy changes to gameplay 4) Non-climactic, flat characters, not enough bang for the buck 5) TWENTY DOLLARS, I SPENT TWENTY DOLLARS ON THIS... 6) Vampire lord form is sweet, but is a little bit cheap 7) New weapons and armor are ALRIGHT, but I don't even use them :/ 8) Repetitive dungeons and such 9) Few cool new places to visit, but with VERY brief stays... 10) Really cool new shout (s) and follower 11) Huge additions to TES lore, which will please any TES lore junkie or casual fan

Kage

Worth every cent I paid for it. Really, I thought it was great. I think we'd all like new content, but I don't think any of us are ever satisfied with just what they give us. I'm sure that everyone would love to have an entirely new game added on, but have it seamlessly added, so it's like exploring something entirely new. My point is that I don't believe any of us would be completely happy no matter how much content. I thought it was awesome. 10/10

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I would give it an 8/10....there is a lot of new content...plus the Darkfall passage and Soul Cairns are big additions to the game in terms of area. New weapons, new alchemy ingredients, new perk trees, new shouts....I think you get your money's worth.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts