What platform is the best? (PC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one prevails

• Xbox360

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • PS3

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Glorious PC of master gaming race

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Oregon Trail is being released on the 3DS and I'm getting it. I'm getting mocked by my friends of course, but I remember as a little kid pouring hours into that game.

I'm extremely not tech savvy when it comes to computers. Sure, I can hook the damn thing up to the internet and whatnot, but that's about it. Granted, I don't understand why my computer refuses to play the Amnesia demo. My computer, while not a gaming one, isn't cheap. Maybe I'll figure it out, at some point.

Kinda irritated my job is offering an Alienware computer through the program they offer there. I would have waited for that instead of the getting the HP that I have now. Oh well.

But, when it comes to console knowledge, I know my plops. I know some PC elitists who look down on console gamers, but consoles have come a long way from the Atari 2600/NES days. (And boy were those days glorious!)

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
oregan trail ftw. but really, PC gets a lot of advantages due to its ability to modify and have full control over your game. That's why strategy games and FPS games like to stick closer with PC. However, you need to spend a lot of money to get all that advantage. Owning a cheap computer and being less tech-savvy ruins the PC gaming experience.

Yea, PC has numerous advantages because it's something you can actually upgrade. Strategy games are annoying on consoles, I don't know why they tried to put Command and Conquer on it. Also I totally agree with your last sentence. If you own a computer and don't know much about computers at all then of course it'll end up being fruitless and you'll just be dumping money into it not knowing what you're really buying. This is why consoles exist, no thinking except for figuring out which one to buy.

Edit: Don't buy Alienware, they're like the Apple of the windows OS. Yes you get top of the line hardware, but you're mostly paying for the brand.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yea, PC has numerous advantages because it's something you can actually upgrade. Strategy games are annoying on consoles, I don't know why they tried to put Command and Conquer on it. Also I totally agree with your last sentence. If you own a computer and don't know much about computers at all then of course it'll end up being fruitless and you'll just be dumping money into it not knowing what you're really buying. This is why consoles exist, no thinking except for figuring out which one to buy.

Comment: Don't buy Alienware, they're like the Apple of the windows OS. Yes you get top of the line hardware, but you're mostly paying for the brand.
I see console as a standardization of gaming industry. The console companies hoard on quality control. Modification for console is highly discourage and the companies do take drastic measure to prevent them although modification is legal. They make sure the players get the same experience, unlike PC where there are too many variable to determine one's enjoyment of PC gaming. I do like to play on my PS3 and not have to worry about anything since my PS3 is the same as all the other PS3 out there. My PS3 game will always run smoothly. It is undeniable that consoles made gaming market what it is today.

I think there is some truth behind the silly idea of 'glorious pc master race' and 'dirty console peasants'. You gotta be at the high end of the spectrum to get the full experience of gaming and the console players just get what the companies give them. But this image falls apart when you consider who really has the control over the gaming industry. 'PC Master Race' is a small minority of gaming community compared to huge population of 'dirty console peasants' while PC game industry hold little control over their customers as opposed to the console game industry which can easily manipulate the its own self-defined market. But this bell-curve is starting to change though. Some PC gaming companies are getting stronger (like Blizzard which is trying to gain more control over their customers...) and the small group of 'PC Master Race' is getting bigger. It will be interesting to see where the future of gaming industry will go.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well with ever changing technology, I do think the PC master race will inevitably micromanage itself (yes, pun intended if you noticed it). Eventually the big ass towers of PCs will phase out and, before i'm gone, hopefully we'll have microprocessors that are in almost everything. If you don't believe me then just take a look at the specs of the latest smart phone, they're getting there. That or somehow we'll create replicating nanites that end up destroying us.

Yes there will always be an upgrade no matter what, but I think the scale on WHAT gets upgraded will change over time. Hopefully it'll be managed into one chip that handles everything.

Jersey Dagmar

Well I didn't buy Alienware since I had gotten an HP earlier. And my job offers everything at a discounted price, hence the program.

I just think that some PC gamers don't understand console gamers and vice versa. I've had love/hate relationships with computers all my life, while consoles have always been good to me. My PS2 is 10 years old, it refuses to die. While, I have been through many computers.

And I know what you folks will say, 'Stop buying crappy ones'. But I'm not. I'm not buying Acers, or Emachines. I've had a Gateway, Toshiba, and now a HP. I would love to have a Sony Vaio.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
There aren't really any crappy PC manufacturers, except for HP now, man they have gone down hill (which stands to reason why they're leaving the PC industry). It's all based on experience and of course there will be some issues with hardware, but guess what, not every part that goes into a Toshiba is actually made by Toshiba.

I don't hate any console, I do dislike the Wii however, but that's based on preference. I grew up playing console games and PC games, and while the bulk of my time was probably spent more on PC games, I can't deny the fun i've had playing against/with friends on the console in the same room. If you ask me though, I think the "anti"-social revolution that the PC is creating is actually making people more anti-social. That is another topic though, and I won't steal the thread.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
There aren't really any crappy PC manufacturers, except for HP now, man they have gone down hill (which stands to reason why they're leaving the PC industry). It's all based on experience and of course there will be some issues with hardware, but guess what, not every part that goes into a Toshiba is actually made by Toshiba.

I don't hate any console, I do dislike the Wii however, but that's based on preference. I grew up playing console games and PC games, and while the bulk of my time was probably spent more on PC games, I can't deny the fun i've had playing against/with friends on the console in the same room. If you ask me though, I think the "anti"-social revolution that the PC is creating is actually making people more anti-social. That is another topic though, and I won't steal the thread.
'anti'-social revolution? I never really heard of it. If more than anything, I would expect PC to push people to be more social instead. I would like another thread to learn more about this.

Jersey Dagmar

How has HP gone downhill, so far, my HP is the best computer I've had. I liked my Toshiba, I think Vista was to blame for that clusterfu**.

All I ask is for a computer that can run my art programs without have a plops fit. That's mainly what I use my PC for, and my consoles for gaming.

Even the failure rate induced 360 has been good to me. Course, I waited until the Slim was released, and same goes for the PS3. My Wii was awesome, but I traded it in for the 3DS.

People 'hate' certain platforms because they pour so much money into the one they own, they don't want anyone to bash it.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
They haven't gone down hill in the quality of their PCs, I meant in their business. Sorry should have been more clear. Just google about HPs decline and you'll see what i'm talking about.

The "anti"-social revolution thing is actually a theory me and my friends came up with when we noticed certain behavioral changes in the people around us based on the upward trend in the use of social media on the computer, i.e Facebook and twitter

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts