What is your players name and what does it mean?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Posts-On-Forums

Both of the characters I currently have are meant to be descendants of my sole Oblivion character, Guy Desrochers.

My Nord is named Burd Desrochers, after a Nord who fought in the Battle of Bruma during the Oblivion Crisis. (The guard captain in Bruma was named Burd, so I rolled with it.)

My Breton is named Clovis, because I wanted to give him a proper French name like non-Reach Bretons have, and...well...I had Code Geass in mind. So...yeah. "Clovis". I didn't bother adding the last name in gameplay.

K'sharra Mar

My Khajiit's name is K'sharra Mar. Her backstory isn't really all that fleshed out as of yet, but she was named for the Khajiit prophecy that foretold doom and basically the end of the world. No clue as to why anyone sane would name their child, basically, apocalypse. Then again, maybe her parents weren't sane. Her last name, "Mar", is a combination of ideas. Firstly, it's "Mars" without the "s", meaning "warrior" or "god of war". Secondly, it just sounded like something a cat would say. My cat actually does say "Mar" occasionally.

I had a Dunmer file as well, but my fiance accidentally saved his file over her. Her name was Mordryn Linderion. I made the name "Mordryn" by essentially feminizing the name "Mordred". In Arthurian legend, Mordred was the nephew of King Arthur, son of Morgana. He was a fearsome warrior and eventually slew his uncle in battle, although he died shortly afterwards of his wounds. "Linderion" is a name I made up. I took the idea from the name of an Elf in one of Tolkien's works whose name was Lindir. "Linderion" would simply be an alternate spelling of "Lindirion", meaning "child of Lindir". I have a backstory for Mordryn that involves her being the great-grandaughter of the Hero of Kvatch, Kira Argentus (my Oblivion character).

ReiKoko

my bosmer is called theron mahariel. fans of dragon age should recognise the name as the male default dalish origin. although i consider my canon to be cousland (human noble), i liked the dalish elf origin a lot, too (i liked all of them, but i'd rank dalish as second) and decided to honour mahariel this way :D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Some of my other characters I came up with are related in some way to my main character, Kasai's backstory.

Shinji Raido - Kasai's father who was a famed/notorious (depending upon which side you ask) Redguard privateer from Stros M'Kai. Shinji was a master swordsman as well as skilled at many other types of combat, and he began training Kasai those skills at a very early age. The name , 'Shinji' is after Gaiden Shinji, 1E leader of Hammerfell's Order of Diagna and founder and first blademaster of the arena in the Imperial City. Shinji was killed in an ambush when stopping to aid what he thought was a ship in distress but it was just a set-up.

Kena Stormbinder - Kasai's mother. She was an Altmer member of the Psijic Order and dissident of the Thalmor in Summerset who was working with a small opposition group to try and overthrow them. Shinji happened to save her from a shipwreck at sea and thus she joined his crew. Eventually the two fell in love. The name 'Stormbinder' was just an Almer lore name as seen in Arena and Daggerfall. The first name 'Kena' means "greatest champion." She was killed in the ambush that also took Shinji's life, but not before getting Kasai and his brother safely off the ship.

Satoro Raido - Kasai's younger brother. 'Satoro' is variant of 'Satoru' which means enlightenment and balance. In many ways similar to the role Kena played for Shinji, Satoro's calm inner balance has a moderating/calming influence over Kasai's more impulsive, fiery personality.

Last edited:

Wippii

Bookworm
I just browse through the character's race's "Lore: [race] names" UESP article, and pick a name from one of the earlier TES games.

For Nord characters (which I play 99.99% of the time) I pick a typical Scandinavian name that sounds fitting.

My current character, Daniela, is named after a cookie... it's still a perfectly valid female name, though.
Here's the edible Daniela:
marsu_130106_2_jpg.jpg
:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts