What is a good PC to run Skyrim with top performance?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I'm Not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this. Currently, I'm looking for a good Desktop PC to run Skyrim at it's best and would like to hear any suggestions. So, far I'm running terribly slow on an HP Pavilion dv4-1435dx Entertainment notebook, so I'm looking at getting a good PC. Also, if anyone knows any good ways to modify your laptop to run at a better performance. My specs are posted below, but what are some good PC's to run Skyrim on? What are some of the most affordable? Can you modify a laptop with a large monitor, new video driver and external hardware to enhance the performance? Any suggestions or comments are welcomed.

ATTN SITE ADMINS

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Well, Since nobody has any suggestions, I'm replying to my own post.

Courtesy of C-Man of yahoo help forums.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Those look like MINIMUM specs (i.e. hardware which allows you to play at low resolution and minimum detail), not recommended specs which allows you to play well/smoothly without lag.

In any event there's an odd disparity- the Radeon HD 5670 is almost twice as fast as the GT420- I'm guessing that's a typo and they intended to specify a GT240.

Whatever, here's a low-cost computer which qualifies:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

However I'd recommend something higher-end if you want to enjoy the game.

Of course your highest-performance option (without spending a lot more) would be buying this starting unit:

Then adding these:

It's not clear whether the factory power supply in the CyberpowerPC unit can handle a 5770. It's 450 watts (the minimum required) but might lack a dedicated 6-pin connector. That's why I linked the new power supply unit.
The minimum system requirements for PC TESV are as follows…
· Windows 7/Vista/XP PC, 32 or 64 bit
· Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
· 2GB System RAM
· 7GB free HDD Space
· Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
· Internet access for Steam activation
From Bethesda sent to me on advice regarding laptop performance: - Ensure that you have Administrator privledges on the computer you are trying to run the game on.

- Update your video and sound drivers (refer to manufactorer's website)

- Disable Background Applications
It is strongly recommended to turn off all background applications when running graphically intensive programs. Many applications can cause errors such as GPFs, color scrambling, loss of sound effects or music, etc. Taking a minute to turn off these applications can save you the trouble of rebooting later. Background applications include such things as System Agent, Norton Utilities, Internet chat utilities, virus checkers and screen savers. Crash guard programs such as First Aid for Windows can also cause problems.

Windows XP
1. Click Start, then Run
2. In the Open: box, type msconfig. Click OK
3. On the General Tab, click the Selective Startup option.
4. Uncheck the option to Load Startup Items.
5. Click Apply and Close.
6. Answer Yes to Restart Windows.

Windows Vista / Windows 7
1. Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Click on Start Search
3. Type in msconfig and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
4. Click the Continue button if the message "Windows needs your permission to continue"
appears. If this message does not appear, please continue to step 5.
5. On the General Tab, choose Selective Startup.
6. Uncheck the option to Load startup items.
7. Click Apply, then Ok, and restart the system when prompted.

Note from myself, which others may find helpful: Nexus has some really great suggestions as well.

• 10 months ago

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Trying this config to start: If anyone has any suggestions or notices any probs, please post.
Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DY9KJ

Product Name: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro

Price: $2,216.00

*BASE_PRICE:[+1299]

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

CARE3:professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case [-20]

CASUPGRADE:Flexible LED Interior Light Strip [+19] (Red Color)

CD:LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive [+41] (RED COLOR [+9])

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_CS:None

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City [+0]

GLASSES:None

HDD:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+94] (Single Hard Drive)

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard [+72]

MB_SRT:None

MEMORY:8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

MONITOR:27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VE276Q LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified)

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NCSW:None

NETWORK:Killer™ 2100 - Gigabit Maximum Network Performance Online Gaming Network Interface Card [+89]

OVERCLOCK:pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]

POWERSUPPLY:700 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOFT1:Free Microsoft® Office® 2010 STARTER EDITION (Reduced-Functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising) [+0]

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TEMP:NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum High Performance Fan Control, Clock, & Temperature Display [+69]

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:pPA External 7-Port USB 2.0 Aluminum Hub [+15]

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked [+13])

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter [+66]

_PRICE:sadface:+2216)

_view_:{2343FBC9-BDFA-44DF-9807-F0189FC1122D}

_load_:2/18/2012 8:55:34 AM

Solitude

Inactive
SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

1,000,000,000,000 GHZ CPU
1,000,000,000,000 TB Dedicated Graphics
1,000,000,000,000 TB RAM
1,000,000,000,000 TB SSD

uhm yee that should be able to play any game within your life time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts