What Happened to Nature Shows? (rant)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrimosity

Have you guys noticed that nearly all shows on Discovery and other documentary-based channels have the same title layout?

<Whatever the people do, in one word> + <some form of exaggerated title relating to the people>

'Treehouse Masters'
'Cake Boss'
'Fish Tank Kings' (imo 'Tanked' is a better show)
etc.
What I find interesting, is when one show becomes popular, to see what knock-off shows the other networks make.

Tanked leads to Fish Tank Kings.

Storage Wars leads to Auction Hunters (and Storage Wars: Texas... oh the horror).

Pawn Stars leads to Hell.. er... Hardcore Pawn

Life still comes on occasionally; I don't watch it often, but I've seen it on. Planet Earth occasionally comes on early in the mornings/late at night. When other channels still have paid programming on.

As per the History Channel... I watch Ancient Aliens just for the laughs. "Ancient Astronaut Theorists believe..." is the catchphrase of the show. The word "evidence" can make an Ancient Astronaut Theorist burst into flames.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Have you guys noticed that nearly all shows on Discovery and other documentary-based channels have the same title layout?

<Whatever the people do, in one word> + <some form of exaggerated title relating to the people>

'Treehouse Masters'
'Cake Boss'
'Fish Tank Kings' (imo 'Tanked' is a better show)
etc.
What I find interesting, is when one show becomes popular, to see what knock-off shows the other networks make.

Tanked leads to Fish Tank Kings.

Storage Wars leads to Auction Hunters (and Storage Wars: Texas... oh the horror).

Pawn Stars leads to Hell.. er... Hardcore Pawn

Life still comes on occasionally; I don't watch it often, but I've seen it on. Planet Earth occasionally comes on early in the mornings/late at night. When other channels still have paid programming on.

As per the History Channel... I watch Ancient Aliens just for the laughs. "Ancient Astronaut Theorists believe..." is the catchphrase of the show. The word "evidence" can make an Ancient Astronaut Theorist burst into flames.
Indeed, on all counts. :beermug:
Hardcore Pawn easily makes the list of worst shows of all time. It's one of those shows that's so terrible, a few minutes exposure is all it takes to darken my mood and cause me to question humanity's future: "Do we as a species even deserve to survive, churning out such drivel??" According to ancient astronaut theorists, extraterrestrial intervention may be our only hope. By all means, vaporize these "expert consultants" that feel the need to lower human IQ by continuously farting out bad copycat shows with recaps and no real content. Then vaporize the Hollywood execs who spend 100's of millions of dollars making movies that are dreadfully awful! Movies and shows that are so puke-inducingly rancid, they must've been made that way with intent!! I find the implications to be quite disturbing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts