What do i do with the elderscrolls when im done

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dan kerlin

So i completed the Vampire hunter side of DG and now im carrying 60 weight in elder scrolls and i cant get rid of them so what am i supposed to do with them ? :)

Grelod The Kind

Smack your housecarls with them when they disobey you.

lumpysolo

Your Local Bartender
That's a good question. I actually have no clue!

awwww you guys shouldn't have helped him until like page 5

but

you can sell 2 of them to the moth priest for 6,000 and you can sell the last one to urag for 2,000 in the arcaneum at the winterhold college

Tman2177

You can only sell them to the orc at the college library if you didn't sell the dragon elder scroll to him after you completed the main quest.

Chryss

yeah, I am stuck with the dragon scroll. Can't drop it or store it and Urag won't buy it back. And, I made no sense, we didn't even look at it. :confused:

Derek Jeder

You can give or presumably sell them to the Moth priest, Dexicon, for 6,000 or for free. Depending on which side you chose, he is in the corresponding castle.

Tman2177

You can give or presumably sell them to the Moth priest, Dexicon, for 6,000 or for free. Depending on which side you chose, he is in the corresponding castle.
That isn't true for me. I sided with the Vampires and then with Valerica and Serana to kill Harkon and stop him from killing Serana and completing his quest. The only dialog options I get with Dexion are about the moth priests.

Derek Jeder

I sided with the Dawnguard during my second play through and after beating Lord Harkon, and it allowed me to. Perhaps it doesn't work for Volkahir?

Tman2177

I sided with the Dawnguard during my second play through and after beating Lord Harkon, and it allowed me to. Perhaps it doesn't work for Volkahir?
Perhaps... I'm not sure. The only way to test this theory is for you to playthough again and side with the vampires once more. Did you kill Harkon or did you give him the bow?

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
The Librarian Urug will buy them at the college of winterhold library, so will the blind moth priest at fort Dawnguard (I am assuming thats only if you went the way of Dawnguard, might be different if you go with the vampires)

Or you can keep them, which is what I am doing, it seems a waste to give something away that is the very fabric of the game for a measly 6000 coin.

Tman2177

The Librarian Urug will buy them at the college of winterhold library, so will the blind moth priest at fort Dawnguard (I am assuming thats only if you went the way of Dawnguard, might be different if you go with the vampires)
Urag will only buy them if you didn't sell him the dragon scroll at the conclusion of the main quest. Otherwise he won't give the option to sell them to him. Trust me, i tried multiple times, still doesn't work.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
Urag will only buy them if you didn't sell him the dragon scroll at the conclusion of the main quest. Otherwise he won't give the option to sell them to him. Trust me, i tried multiple times, still doesn't work.

The blind moth priest will though.

Tman2177

The blind moth priest will though.
That is currently up for debate. I have sided with the vampires and chose to kill Harkon and i am unable to get the dialog options to sell or give the scrolls to Dexicon at the vampire's castle. And from what i understand, from others who have posted, is that you can sell them to Dexicon if you have sided with the dawnguard. I have tried talking to Dexicon multiple times in castle Volkihar and only got dialog options about the moth priests. So unless there is some other way maybe to side with Harkon and give him the bow will allow you to sell the scrolls to him... But i'm not sure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts