• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
My Wood Elf adventurer just bought Proudspire Manor (she needed something to do with all her coin) and adopted Runa and Lucia. I love that with Proudspire, instead of converting one fo the already existing rooms, you get to add a whole new room for the kids and it's pretty sweet. Lucia goes up there and practices flute (animation only--i would love it if there was actual music) and she says she loves to sing and she wants to be a bard, which is great since Tayvalyn is a bard too. Runa hasn't done much but gush about how pretty the Blue Palace is and she brings Tayvalyn flowers all the time. I decided to have Tayvalyn join the DBH, so it's pretty funny when she comes home in her Shrouded Armor and the girls both come running, crying "Mama! You're home!"

I was going to adopt one of the boys from Honorhall, but I had to adopt Runa after hearing how the boys picked on her. I was going to adopt Sofie but I always adopt her, so this time I made myself adopt Lucia before I could change my mind. I'm happy I did. Wasn't expecting her to be an aspiring musician.

When I get back to playing my Rogue I think I'll have him adopt Francois and Samuel.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
I just created a new character so this time around im going to adopt someone besides Sophie.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I adopted Lucia and Runa. It is interesting watching the differences between them both. I gave Runa the wooden sword after I upgraded it for her, and after that, she practiced all the time. I eventually made her an ebony dagger.

Lucia likes to play tag mostly but she does practice her fighting in the cellar. She was really happy when I made her dagger as well though. She brings me ingredients all the time. Her first gift to me was ashen grass pod.

The last time I played, a dragon attacked the house. Both girls got out of harms way, but neither of them screamed and ran away from the scene. After the dragon was dead, Runa walked over to the carcass and was ooh ing and ahhing... she said "Wow just like the stories of dragonborn" or something to that effect. She is a figher. This was at the Lakeview house.

They are good kids. Somtimes have to be told to do things but arent children really like that? LOL (i have two teens). Expensive though. They kept tellng me that they were scared at Windstad, and it really started getting to me. So I bought a second property and built the house entirely (didnt ask someone to furnish). They do love it there and Runa loves dragon attacks. o_O

It was just today that I found out Runa has two handed and smithing. Another child has a skill too I found out. Francois, restoration. That will be my adoption on my other character. I want to see the interaction etc.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
My Wood Elf adventurer just bought Proudspire Manor (she needed something to do with all her coin) and adopted Runa and Lucia. I love that with Proudspire, instead of converting one fo the already existing rooms, you get to add a whole new room for the kids and it's pretty sweet. Lucia goes up there and practices flute (animation only--i would love it if there was actual music) and she says she loves to sing and she wants to be a bard, which is great since Tayvalyn is a bard too. Runa hasn't done much but gush about how pretty the Blue Palace is and she brings Tayvalyn flowers all the time. I decided to have Tayvalyn join the DBH, so it's pretty funny when she comes home in her Shrouded Armor and the girls both come running, crying "Mama! You're home!"

I was going to adopt one of the boys from Honorhall, but I had to adopt Runa after hearing how the boys picked on her. I was going to adopt Sofie but I always adopt her, so this time I made myself adopt Lucia before I could change my mind. I'm happy I did. Wasn't expecting her to be an aspiring musician.

When I get back to playing my Rogue I think I'll have him adopt Francois and Samuel.

My Lucia and Runa are so different than yours. Randomized?

Saozig

Hippy
My Lucia and Runa are so different than yours. Randomized?
I have no idea how randomized they are. I think some of it must depend on what house they are in. I should move the girls to Tayvalyn's Lakeview Manor for a while and see how they act.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I have no idea how randomized they are. I think some of it must depend on what house they are in. I should move the girls to Tayvalyn's Lakeview Manor for a while and see how they act.

Maybe dependent on gifts that you give them? or at least influenced by.... hmm

bosmernagini

I adopted Hroar, because his name is awesome. I also chose Sophie, the flower girl from Windhelm because I thought she was cute, she has a pet fox. I gave both of them swords so they can practice fighting and go out hunting with their papa.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I adopted Hroar, because his name is awesome. I also chose Sophie, the flower girl from Windhelm because I thought she was cute, she has a pet fox. I gave both of them swords so they can practice fighting and go out hunting with their papa.

Do they practice a lot with the swords that you have noticed yet?

I think I am going to do some testing. I play on console so keep that in mind.

I am going to take a few of my other characters and do some adopting and watch how the kids act. I will do this with the same kids on each played character but the differences will be the place of residence and the gifts I give them.

I will post my results. May take a week or two though because I actually have to observe them in game for for a while. Maybe it will be informative for those who are curious.

bosmernagini

Do they practice a lot with the swords that you have noticed yet?

I think I am going to do some testing. I play on console so keep that in mind.

I am going to take a few of my other characters and do some adopting and watch how the kids act. I will do this with the same kids on each played character but the differences will be the place of residence and the gifts I give them.

I will post my results. May take a week or two though because I actually have to observe them in game for for a while. Maybe it will be informative for those who are curious.

Yes, I do see them practicing with dummies, and sometimes I see them walking around with their swords sheathed at their hips.

That's an interesting experiment and I look forward to see the outcome. I always wondered what would happen with different 'parenting styles'. For example when they ask for pocket money, I usually give them 20 gold, but I wonder if their personalities would change if you went completely mental and spoiled them with 5000 gold.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
Oh that's interesting too. Yeah I will post my results then I might test that too, YAY more excuses to play more Skyrim! LOL Hopefully more people will post their experiences too.

Saozig

Hippy
I'm having trouble deciding on a 2nd kid for Vroggi, my Nord. He adopted Lucia, because she made him realize that all his womanizing over the years may have resulted in an orphan or two, so adopting her was kind of a way to make amends for any possible kids of his own out there that he doesn't know about.

I tried out Aleson, thinking the son of sailor would be cool for my Nord fisherman, but found him boring and his mocking Lars for not being able to "stand up to a girl" is too sexist for my comfort (seriously, Bethesda, really bad choice in dialogue), so I went back to the save before I adopted him.

I may just settle for Sophie again. Maybe Blaise. Don't know. Vroggi's not the kind of guy to go kill an old woman in cold blood, even a nasty one like Grelod, so Honrohall isn't an option. I'm tired and I've been playing Skyrim all day so I think I'll have to sleep on it.

junta

I tried out Aleson, thinking the son of sailor would be cool for my Nord fisherman, but found him boring and his mocking Lars for not being able to "stand up to a girl" is too sexist for my comfort (seriously, Bethesda, really bad choice in dialogue), so I went back to the save before I adopted him.

I dont think kids care about being sexist and that dialogue is quite common.

Saozig

Hippy
I dont think kids care about being sexist and that dialogue is quite common.
Of course not. They're computer-generated images and this is what Bethesda programmed them to say. But I care about sexism and I don't want to have to hear something that is sexist said to me over and over. The idea that it's shameful for a boy to be "less" than a girl in any way is hw we condition boys to grow to be misogynists and sexists, and how girls are conditioned to think they're inferior to boys and thus quietly accept the unfairness and unequality society dumps on them. Also, having it our popular forms of entertainment helps us learn to put up with it and shrug it off as "that's how it is"--like you just did here. I guess I haven't noticed this before because I never had any male kids live in Whiterun.

Hearthfire came with several disappointing gender-biased, sexist and heternormative crap that isn't in the standard game, but my gripe is I don't need that in my choice of recreation. I play games to get away from that garbage and carefully sect games that aren't going to deluge me with it. I work with kids--IRL ones who, yes, do care about being sexist, even if they're too young to realize what sexism is, because their society tells that that's how they will be accepted and approval by their peers and by adults. I have to address this toxic bullcrap all the time in the hope that maybe one kid will grow up thinking for him or herself and not go around being so esy led by the nose, submissively thinking that's how things are and there's no point in objecting to it.

junta

Of course not. They're computer-generated images and this is what Bethesda programmed them to say. But I care about sexism and I don't want to have to hear something that is sexist said to me over and over. The idea that it's shameful for a boy to be "less" than a girl in any way is hw we condition boys to grow to be misogynists and sexists, and how girls are conditioned to think they're inferior to boys and thus quietly accept the unfairness and unequality society dumps on them. Also, having it our popular forms of entertainment helps us learn to put up with it and shrug it off as "that's how it is"--like you just did here. I guess I haven't noticed this before because I never had any male kids live in Whiterun.

Hearthfire came with several disappointing gender-biased, sexist and heternormative crap that isn't in the standard game, but my gripe is I don't need that in my choice of recreation. I play games to get away from that garbage and carefully sect games that aren't going to deluge me with it. I work with kids--IRL ones who, yes, do care about being sexist, even if they're too young to realize what sexism is, because their society tells that that's how they will be accepted and approval by their peers and by adults. I have to address this toxic bullcrap all the time in the hope that maybe one kid will grow up thinking for him or herself and not go around being so esy led by the nose, submissively thinking that's how things are and there's no point in objecting to it.

Fair enough.

Reaper87

吉光
I adopted Lucia and Hroar - Hroar hates me forever, because I killed his pet - I do not want a Frostbite Spider laying eggs in my house! After that, I just reverted to a save where I didn't have the kids...

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I adopted Lucia and Hroar - Hroar hates me forever, because I killed his pet - I do not want a Frostbite Spider laying eggs in my house! After that, I just reverted to a save where I didn't have the kids...

OMG A spider for a pet? Yeah, I would have killed it too! On one of my other characters who has kids, one brought home a skeever. I was able to wait till the child went to bed, then killed it. So far, no problems as a result oddly enough.

buggegirl99

yal are al faggets
And you are an inexperienced noob who thinks they're better than everyone. This site is for equality and advice, not for losers like you.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Lucia and Hroar and I'm married to Ysolda, but, frankly, I'm hoping that the vampires get 'em when I upload Dawnguard. It's exhausting always having to return to Lake View all the time. All I do is bring gifts since I haven't the heart to tell them to go play outside or do chores. I'm never home anyhow so I'm feeling guilty I guess. I luv my Ysolda, but she's dumb as a box of rocks and frankly, her home cooked meals are getting on my nerves. Once a day! Those poor kids must be starving. No wonder they always want me to bring 'em food.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts