• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I originally had no interest in adopting any children because I figured it would be like getting married- the NPC just becomes an uninteresting wooden puppet that does the same predictable things over and over. They become a game mechanic instead of a character in a larger story.

However, while running around Whiterun, I met Lucia and I felt sorry for her living alone and begging for money. She seemed sad up until I told her I would adopt her. Now she lives in Breezehome with myself and Ysolda and when she told me I could have anything out of her personal chest that I wanted, I immediately thought, "No, those are yours things." That's when I realized she wasn't just a game mechanic to me.

Wildroses

I originally had no interest in adopting any children because I figured it would be like getting married- the NPC just becomes an uninteresting wooden puppet that does the same predictable things over and over. They become a game mechanic instead of a character in a larger story.

However, while running around Whiterun, I met Lucia and I felt sorry for her living alone and begging for money. She seemed sad up until I told her I would adopt her. Now she lives in Breezehome with myself and Ysolda and when she told me I could have anything out of her personal chest that I wanted, I immediately thought, "No, those are yours things." That's when I realized she wasn't just a game mechanic to me.

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear I am not the only person who doesn't raid her kids chest for goodies because they belong to her.

Mind you, some of the stuff I see in there when I open it to see if old gifts are still there make my hair stand on end. I found six sabrecat teeth and some troll fat in there once. And did she seriously just find a silver sapphire necklace just lying around unclaimed?

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear I am not the only person who doesn't raid her kids chest for goodies because they belong to her.

Mind you, some of the stuff I see in there when I open it to see if old gifts are still there make my hair stand on end. I found six sabrecat teeth and some troll fat in there once. And did she seriously just find a silver sapphire necklace just lying around unclaimed?
These kids are thieves and murderers!

buggegirl99

One time I looked in my child's chest, and found 6 hawk beaks, and I was like: "How the heck did she get those! I can't even find any!!!" o_O

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I started a story of rather, no memory of adopting a kid, but rather having one with my wife.

As a breton I made my way to markarth and married senna. I "Found" my family had an unused house in falkreath which I took over, a year later we had blaise, he is now 10, yet me and senna dont show any signs of aging, due to her being devote of dibella and me also. but not knowing of me being dragonborn yet too. :p

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It's a real shame Besthesda had to add a few annoying kids like Braith, Nelkir, and Frodnar. These kids singlehandedly runied the image of children in skyrim, to the point players such as yourself are unable to recognize all the friendly, well behaved kids in skyrim such as the eight adoptable children.

Or mabie you just have a stronge dislike of children in real life. Most men today betweem the ages of 18 and 30 are this way due to changes in modern american culture.

As for me, i don't mind little kids, both in real life and in vidoe games. My only exception is i don't like playing online vidoe games with little kids for various reasons.

In real life you have annoying kids as well. It's just realistic. Not every child has good manners - especially not when they are living on the streets and there's no parent to correct them.

FullmetalHeart20

..at least is wasn't a Frostspider! Ugh..

There needs to be an option when you kid says "Can I keep him?" that says.

..Why, you wouldn't want to keep him little one. Why? because he will grow bigger than a HORSE, spit POISON IN YOUR EYES... and EAT YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Well Babette seems to make it work...though I suppose being an immortal assassin who's immune to poison helps her hold her own.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
Runa and Hroar

FullmetalHeart20

I'm not sure about the second one, but I know I MUST adopt Sofie. Just read the trivia about her on the wiki. The stories she's compared to are heartbreaking! How do you do a crying emoticon?

Jaeger

Some of the children are nice. In my newest Argonian play through, I just met a nice little orphan in Windhelm who sells flowers to keep herself fed. It gives the option in conversation to adopt her. I wonder if it is necessary to build a home, or if you can just decorate a spare bedroom in one of the existing homes?

Just ran past her. She said, "Oh, I'm so cold. Nobody bought any flowers today."

Damn you Heartfire! Damn you!

jonathan90

well known member
I have adopted samuel and lucia.:)and I picked Lucia off the streets of whiterun. And adopted Samuel in riften.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Sophie was selling flowers in Windhelm after I brought victory for the Empire. Bought a flower then raced to the steward and bought the children's room; raced back to her and she smiled like nothing else.
Lucia was begging in the streets of Whiterun; looked so alone, now they have mothers and sisters.
Had their first fight yesterday; something about "You smell worse than a Hagraven."

Cruzz27

I didn't. I hate the children in skyrim, and have no interest in feeding and clothing them. I'd be happier if they all starved and died on the streets.

Boooooo!!!! :p
No sweet rolls for you!
Now bend over and take this beating like a man!

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
I adopted Sophie and Blaise. I was so disappointed with how little interaction there is with them.Same thing with the spouses. It gets a bit boring, and often annoying hearing them repeat the same couple of phrases.

epic9000

Hroar and Runa Fair-Shield. My children love playing games with me. Runa has been very interactive with everybody around the house while Hroar likes to hang out with his mom, Aela the Huntress mostly. We have Vigilance as a great dog and an often self-centered mudcrab in Rocky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Lord Invisible
Race: Nord
Spouse: Aela the Huntress
Children: Hroar, Runa Fair-Shield
Home: Lakeview Manor
War side: Stormcloaks, Tullius dead
Misc: Werewolf, Harbinger, Listener, Dawnguard
Stone: Warrior
Top Skills: One-Handed, Block, Heavy Armor, Archery, Destruction, Conjuration, Sneak

Jaeger

My thief adopted Lucia. She asked where is she going to live. I said, Riften. She said, "Oh." Later in Riften, "She said, "There are scary people living here, mommy." she does like Mara temple. Maybe, we'll build a country house...

Wildroses

My thief adopted Lucia. She asked where is she going to live. I said, Riften. She said, "Oh." Later in Riften, "She said, "There are scary people living here, mommy." she does like Mara temple. Maybe, we'll build a country house...

Make sure it isn't the one in Morthal. Whenever I move Lucia there she won't shut up about how scary the place is and monsters in the swamp.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts