• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I adopted Runa and Sissel. Sissel was my first kid because she was being abused by her dad and sister. Shot the dad in the face and adopted her.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I adopted Samuel first because the poor kid tends to get overlooked, then I adopted Lucia.

beast slayer

I bought and have fully furnished Windstad Manor. I chose to adopt Lucia from Whiterun and Blaise from Katla's Farm near Solitude. I wanted a boy and a girl and I'm glad I did that. My boy (Blaise) often goes and uses his wooden sword on the child's practice dummy in the attic whilst my girl (Lucia) often plays with her doll or asks me to play with her outside. I also have a dog (Meeko) and a skeever who my boy (Blaise) found.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Runa and Lucia. Armed 'em to the teeth. They practice with daggers in the basement. Lucia adopted a fox with emphysema. Girls will be girls; the names they call each other...

Saozig

Hippy
Blaise got a skeever? And I thought the little mudcrab he brought home in my Breton's game was bad. It's kind of cute, though. "Fluffy" follows Blasie everywhere and even sleeps by his bed at night. And I've finally gotten used those mudcrab noises Fluffy makes all the time.

kawaiiGHOSTanon

Sofie, the little girl who sells flowers in Windhelm, was my entire reason for getting Hearthfire.
So of course, I adopted Sofie. Then as I was running after Ysolda in Whiterun I ran into Lucia, and adopted her too.

Lucia is quite mean to Sofie, but that's alright since Sofie constantly practices with her dagger in the basement of our house, and I'm sure once Lucia realizes this she will back off of her.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Sofie, the little girl who sells flowers in Windhelm, was my entire reason for getting Hearthfire.
So of course, I adopted Sofie. Then as I was running after Ysolda in Whiterun I ran into Lucia, and adopted her too.

Lucia is quite mean to Sofie, but that's alright since Sofie constantly practices with her dagger in the basement of our house, and I'm sure once Lucia realizes this she will back off of her.
Give her a dagger and turn her loose on a practice dummy. She's ruthless.

renswic

I picked the only girl in the Riftin place and the flower girl in Windhelm. Found some straw at long last so now them can make use of the dragon bone daggers I gave them.

Wildroses

I've played several characters since my last post in this thread. All of them adopted Lucia and Sofie, even when I was planning to adopt someone else. I don't think I'll ever be able to adopt anyone else.

It's just... they're the saddest stories in Skyrim. At least the kids in the orphanage, Blaise and Aleson have a roof over their hand and people feeding them, even if they have to work hard and aren't loved. I always feel terrible knowing Lucia is begging in Whiterun and saying how hungry she is, and that Sofie is pleading with people to buy flowers but no one does. I can't bear the thought of a Skyrim which has them doing those things when it is in my power to take them somewhere where they can play without worrying about their next meal and sleep on a bed in a warm, dry house.

Bethesda, why couldn't you have picked a number higher than two for adoption?:mad:

Saozig

Hippy
I've played several characters since my last post in this thread. All of them adopted Lucia and Sofie, even when I was planning to adopt someone else. I don't think I'll ever be able to adopt anyone else.

It's just... they're the saddest stories in Skyrim. At least the kids in the orphanage, Blaise and Aleson have a roof over their hand and people feeding them, even if they have to work hard and aren't loved. I always feel terrible knowing Lucia is begging in Whiterun and saying how hungry she is, and that Sofie is pleading with people to buy flowers but no one does. I can't bear the thought of a Skyrim which has them doing those things when it is in my power to take them somewhere where they can play without worrying about their next meal and sleep on a bed in a warm, dry house.

Bethesda, why couldn't you have picked a number higher than two for adoption?:mad:

Aleson doesn't seem to be that badly off but Blaise sleeps in a hay pile outside for all the hard work he does. I caught him there once and it was just the saddest sight. Compared to Lucia, I think Blaise has the worse gig. Lucia hangs out under a tree in during the day and in the Bannered Mare in the evening while Blaise is mucking manure.

Wildroses

Aleson doesn't seem to be that badly off but Blaise sleeps in a hay pile outside for all the hard work he does. I caught him there once and it was just the saddest sight. Compared to Lucia, I think Blaise has the worse gig. Lucia hangs out under a tree in during the day and in the Bannered Mare in the evening while Blaise is mucking manure.

You make a good point but...the way Lucia will periodically say: "I'm so hungry" as you walk past her, and that pathetic: "You're the best! Can you be my mother?" she never stops saying after you give her a coin REALLY gets to me.

JClarke1953

Off topic here, but I seemed to have pissed off the little girl in Riverwood. I think it's the Blacksmith's daughter, as even her mother told me she he the "wild" takes me. And he is gone, where, I don't know, but somehow I'm to blame for his disappearance.

Cazimir

I adopted Blaise and Sofie.

People keep talking about things their Skyrim kids say and do, but Blaise and Sofie mostly just wander around the house and outside. Not much new to say either. Maybe this is because I've barely left the house.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I had picked up Hearthfire before Dragonborn, but didn't really play it. Sofie jumped me on my way to the docks of Windhelm to book passage to solstheim. She was standing there with her little basket of flowers, ankle deep in the snow.

I couldn't take her with me. I was off on a quest, across the sea of ghosts to battle a power-mad dragonborn and his legions. No place for a child. I paid for a flower and sent her on her way, but as I did I silently resolved to help her if I returned from solstheim.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Off topic here, but I seemed to have pissed off the little girl in Riverwood. I think it's the Blacksmith's daughter, as even her mother told me she he the "wild" takes me. And he is gone, where, I don't know, but somehow I'm to blame for his disappearance.

Did you accidentally kill her father, Alvor?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts