What character in Skyrim do you have genuine respect for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rekamennos

Account closed
Okay, I know this is a little weird, but I find myself coming across characters in Skyrim despite so many cliche ones that were very well made and just stand out. And sometimes, because of so, it makes me almost respect them as an individual as though they were real.

For example:

I respect Balimund, the smith in Riften, because of how proud he is of his work. I could say the same for Adrienne, and even Earlund of the Skyforge, but I don't know Balimund to me just stood out the most. It's different for everyone, I am sure :3

Then, the character I forgot the name of that gets executed right when you enter Solitude for the first time. I respect him because of how he was sticking up for what he believed in despite all costs. I didn't think of that one originally, though, Balimund was my first choice. My friend Pundragon thought of that one, so I figure credit is needed where it should be. :3

So, tell me about yours! Anyone! A character that makes you smile without you even realizing it at the time until you thought back onto it. Someone you admire. Who is it?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
I admire Farkas, one just because he is just so badass and two because his is so dumb, but also really nice. He is easily one of my favorite characters in the entire game

I also like Mjol the Lioness because she walks into Riften and tries single handedly to stop thieves guild operations. Even when I'm in the thieves guild I respect her for her determination.

there are probably some others that I forgot but those are my two favorites :)

blue 468

I admire Paarthurnax because of all his wisdom and when he said "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
Oh yea du! Forgot about good old Parthy :). He is awsome and very wise, I love that quote.

Adam Warlock

My biggest change of opinion regarding a character is Falion.

I didn`t like him much at first but after listening to his back story from Phinis Gester I wanted to learn more about him.
I talked a bit to the child he is raising and eavesdropped while he comforted her when she was frightened by nightmares.
This and the risks he takes to aid those who wish to be cured of vampirism make him a man more than worthy of the Dragonborn`s respect.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
So many!
I agree with the Parthurnaax one ^ When Delphine asked me to do the business, I ran from high hrothgar screaming, and then went to hug him. :p

Also, I know mostly everyone thinks he's a bit of a nutjob who's got some serious PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), but I quite like Ulfric Stormcloak. I'm not too sure about his whole "being the high king" thing, but I genuinely think hes trying to do a little bit of good. Plus, he lets me sleep in his bed. SCORE.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
God when Delphine asked me to kill Parthy I was forced to Fus Ro Da her off a cliff.... multiple times

Rekamennos

Account closed
I admire Paarthurnax because of all his wisdom and when he said "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
I agree with you.

Rekamennos

Account closed
So many!
I agree with the Parthurnaax one ^ When Delphine asked me to do the business, I ran from high hrothgar screaming, and then went to hug him. :p

Also, I know mostly everyone thinks he's a bit of a nutjob who's got some serious PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), but I quite like Ulfric Stormcloak. I'm not too sure about his whole "being the high king" thing, but I genuinely think hes trying to do a little bit of good. Plus, he lets me sleep in his bed. SCORE.
heheheheheeee :3 I personally don't like Ulfric Stormcloack, but I do think he is trying to do a little bit of good because anyone who hates the Thalmor are great, I just don't agree with his racism and stereotypical nord nonsense, but, I am now going to have to go sleep in his bed since I knew that. XDDDDDDDDD LOVE IT!

Kaleia

Hm...a few stand out to me, aside from Paarthurnax. Two, right off the bat, and for the same reason: General Tullius and Brynjolf. To varying degrees, admittedly, these are two of the least rash characters in Skyrim. Both are fairly calm in the face of dilemma, not prone to either blitzing or withdrawing like so many other characters. They have logical, rather than passionate, beliefs concerning the events that transpire around them.
And there's also Sinding, whom some may consider an odd inclusion. But really - he is willing to completely withdraw from society, even though being a part of it meant so much to him that he dared to upset a daedra. Quite respectable, I daresay.
So, that's my list. From greatest to least: Paarthurnax, Brynjolf, Sinding, Tullius

For those that find Brynjolf's inclusion weird, it might be accounted for by the fact that he was pretty much the second person (after Ralof) that I actually met in my first playthrough. Mostly cause I saw the Whiterun horse cart, talked to that guy, thought 'Riften' sounded damn nifty', and the rest is history.

Friday is My Day!

Euroland Gray-Mane! He seems so humble and doesn't really brag about the fact that he's the best smith in Skyrim. That smith in Wndhelm is just jealous!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
250px-Sylgja_-_Face.jpg

Sylgja, one of the miners from Shor's Stone.

She's an extremely minor character in the grand scheme of things, but she was my first-ever wife in game. She's the daughter of Verner Rock-Chucker and Anneke Crag-Jumper in Darkwater Crossing. She tasks you with delivering a satchel to her family. She normally does it herself, but she was recently injured inside the mine as she was delivering food to the men working there. She doesn't feel sorry for herself, just asks if you can help her. She continues to work in Redbelly Mine despite her injury.

Rekamennos

Account closed
Adrienne Avenicci.

But to anyone who has any respect for Ulfric, read his Thalmor dossier and also the Bear of Markarth. You will find him as cowardly and without honor as much as I do.
I will look into that. Thanks.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Jarl Balgruuf.

He represents me in so many ways: get the job done, ask questions later. I also loved how he was hesitant to choose a side in the Civil War, as he didn't want to get involved in that political nonsense.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts