What armor looks best for an Archer?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tayal

Master Assassin
I am starting a play through as an archer but I don't know what armor to use. I also have all the DLC's ;)

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Fur armour, the kind that actually covers the majority of you.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am always an archer and go for the Nightingale Armour, the Ancient DB shroud (or circlet of peerless archery), Nightingale boots, and then find better light armour gauntlets and ring that have archery enchantment on them.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Nightingale armour does look awesome...

Tayal

Master Assassin
I am always an archer and go for the Nightingale Armour, the Ancient DB shroud (or circlet of peerless archery), Nightingale boots, and then find better light armour gauntlets and ring that have archery enchantment on them.

circlet of peerless archery?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I am starting a play through as an archer but I don't know what armor to use. I also have all the DLC's ;)

The Dark Brotherhood armor, since the Shrouded Cowl gives you 20% Fortify Archery bonus and it's relatively easy to get at the beginning of the game. If you stick with the DB quest line you'll also get an opportunity to get the Ancient Shrouded set, in which the Cowl will have 35% Fortify Archery. Or you can increase your Enchanting skill and make a whole suit of armor devoted to nothing but Fortify Archery enchantments.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

circlet of peerless archery?

Bows do 40% more damage. No armour rating but totally worth it and I don't notice the difference between it and helm. Have no idea where I found it, sorry.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Since I'm usually on the more barbaric side I like the Armor of the Old Gods in tribute to the Great Forsworn, It has a nice Bow enchant on it as well, if not that some nice studded or leather.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I prefer Scaled armor mixed with a Forsworn Headdress with archery enchantments. I prefer my archer to look a bit savage, even if he is not Forsworn

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I have a set of fur armor loin cloth with shoulder piece, forsworn boots and gauntlets (or Armor of the Gods if I happen to have it) that I use just for hunting trips.

Tayal

Master Assassin
I have a set of fur armor loin cloth with shoulder piece, forsworn boots and gauntlets (or Armor of the Gods if I happen to have it) that I use just for hunting trips.

what do you mean by fur armor with shoulder piece?

LotusEater

I don't know what its called, there are 4 or 5 different types of fur armor that I can recall. The one I use is a loincloth with a fur strap over the shoulder.

LotusEater

White River Watch east of Whiterun is a good place to loot a nice variety of fur armor if you are interested. There's even a fur helmet there fyi.

Ferrari32

Dovahkiin
Only Nightingale armor comes to my mind ;P

AS88

Staff member

500px-FurArmors.jpg

Maybe the second one?

As for one of my archers, this...

9e399659.jpg

Tends to result in this...

standalone

:p

WhiteCaneKiller

Linwe's Armor from the Summerset Shadows quest is good, as is light Dawnguard armor. Both look like proper armor rather than just wearing animal pelts.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Fur is boss and studded looks really good for an archer too. Don't use the overated db or nightengale armors.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts