What Are People's Thoughts On Will And Kate's Baby

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I like a laugh and joke as much as the next man but what those Aussie dj's did over stepped the mark. My Mrs is a nurse and I know how stressful the job can be without some idiots getting you the sack. I feel sorry for her kids this close to Christmas without a mother I really hope those dj's get the sack it's the very least they deserve.
I just heard about this tonight (On the National Media in the U.S.) and I automaticlly thought of this thread. I thought: "Hmm I remember Brizzle Kicks talking about KM on the Skyrim Forums"..lol.

And Honestly, from what I've Gathered... It seems like the DJ's are the Subject of a Witch Hunt. I can't see how those DJ's did anything worse than 95% of the Media in the U.K. does every single day. Infact, they were just doing a Joke, and weren't trying to get anything real to publish in a paper to make money. It was just a prank. To say that someone killed themselves because a DJ got through, and it's the DJ's fault is utter stupidity. I heard that the Hospital said that "She was a Great Nurse, and we Cared and comforted her about it", but that stims to ask "Why would she kill herself then over something so "little" and "petty". Somebody berated the hell out of her, and it wasn't the DJ's... because everyone heard the broadcast.

and this WHOLE thing goes towards your original point of "Why the fluff would anyone care?". Who Cares if a Nurse accidentally let a DJ's prank go through. Who cares that another person told the DJ's about Kates Water Retention.. I mean SERIOUSLY World?!?!? We give a Crap about this?

If this woman did commet suicide from the actual prank and not more stimming grief in here life out side this, then it's because the Media cares WAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much about any, all and every aspect of it.

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
All i gotta say is who cares? Someone is having a kid, good job, they can join the millions of other parents in the world now

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
People fluff and have babies all the time. What makes this event so damn special? Who cares.Just another kid that's going have a gold spoon in his/her mouth.

Another thing I'm getting sick of tired of hearing is that nurse who was caring for Kate. Yes it's sad to hear that she committed suicide.... Lets not make a big deal over it. Unfortunately people commit suicide all the time... where is the media coverage then? My friend committed suicide a few years ago, and not once was I interviewed by the media to explain his personality to the local community.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I love how the media will say "we don't report on suicides" in an effort to keep people from committing suicide as a way of getting attention....until someone famous commits suicide, then it's all over the news. Oh, the hypocrisy, just to make a fast buck and get ratings....

Benthos

Proud Mer
I love how the media will say "we don't report on suicides" in an effort to keep people from committing suicide as a way of getting attention....until someone famous commits suicide, then it's all over the news. Oh, the hypocrisy, just to make a fast buck and get ratings....
They also lie in their reports as well, they'll make it sound worse than it really is or straight up get it wrong, reporters rarely actually do their research and just listen to the gossip or the local common man's take on it and take it as truth. This happens in war journalism, this happens in tragedy cover, this happens in any accident and beyond. What bothers me even more is how unprofessional they will be, reporters hitting on or being hit on and going with it ON CAMERA, celebrating one sided in sports, politics, etc. and so on. We will rarely get the real stuff because they don't want to give us the real stuff. You have to go out of your way in order to hope to snag some good ACTUAL news. When was the last time NASA's discoveries were reported on big time stations? What about Oceanographers (not including the BP oil spill), what about any other scientist who could've made a big name for something they created or discovered? You won't get anything from anyone who could make a difference unless you scope it out.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
They also lie in their reports as well, they'll make it sound worse than it really is or straight up get it wrong, reporters rarely actually do their research and just listen to the gossip or the local common man's take on it and take it as truth. This happens in war journalism, this happens in tragedy cover, this happens in any accident and beyond. What bothers me even more is how unprofessional they will be, reporters hitting on or being hit on and going with it ON CAMERA, celebrating one sided in sports, politics, etc. and so on. We will rarely get the real stuff because they don't want to give us the real stuff. You have to go out of your way in order to hope to snag some good ACTUAL news. When was the last time NASA's discoveries were reported on big time stations? What about Oceanographers (not including the BP oil spill), what about any other scientist who could've made a big name for something they created or discovered? You won't get anything from anyone who could make a difference unless you scope it out.

Oh one of my local news stations went straight on my plops list. It was a sad moment because they were once my preferred local station to watch. You see something locally happen around my neighborhood. An old sewer pipe decided to break (I blame the city) and soon after our roads were all covered in plops. The smell was awful. I wanted the problem to be fixed asap. The audacity of these news stations never ceases to amaze me. They would go as far as to purposely get in the way of the workers just so they can get a clear shot of scene. The polite worker asked the camera man to move his stuffs, and was ignored. He decided to back up, and the camera man went into a frenzy spree. A rapid mad dog. The station obviously hires very unstable people. I was so angry that I decided to send an angry facebook post to the station, and after an hour they purposely removed it and then removed my posting rights.

I can't wait to see that asshole camera man and the reporter again. At least I can tell 'em how I really feel without being censored.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Oh one of my local news stations went straight on my pl*** list. It was a sad moment because they were once my preferred local station to watch. You see something locally happen around my neighborhood. An old sewer pipe decided to break (I blame the city) and soon after our roads were all covered in pl***. The smell was awful. I wanted the problem to be fixed asap. The audacity of these news stations never ceases to amaze me. They would go as far as to purposely get in the way of the workers just so they can get a clear shot of scene. The polite worker asked the camera man to move his stuffs, and was ignored. He decided to back up, and the camera man went into a frenzy spree. A rapid mad dog. The station obviously hires very unstable people. I was so angry that I decided to send an angry facebook post to the station, and after an hour they purposely removed it and then removed my posting rights.

I can't wait to see that asshole camera man and the reporter again. At least I can tell 'em how I really feel without being censored.
Make sure it's live because they still edit most of their stuff they record in the field.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I just heard about this tonight (On the National Media in the U.S.) and I automaticlly thought of this thread. I thought: "Hmm I remember Brizzle Kicks talking about KM on the Skyrim Forums"..lol.

And Honestly, from what I've Gathered... It seems like the DJ's are the Subject of a Witch Hunt. I can't see how those DJ's did anything worse than 95% of the Media in the U.K. does every single day. Infact, they were just doing a Joke, and weren't trying to get anything real to publish in a paper to make money. It was just a prank. To say that someone killed themselves because a DJ got through, and it's the DJ's fault is utter stupidity. I heard that the Hospital said that "She was a Great Nurse, and we Cared and comforted her about it", but that stims to ask "Why would she kill herself then over something so "little" and "petty". Somebody berated the hell out of her, and it wasn't the DJ's... because everyone heard the broadcast.

and this WHOLE thing goes towards your original point of "Why the fu** would anyone care?". Who Cares if a Nurse accidentally let a DJ's prank go through. Who cares that another person told the DJ's about Kates Water Retention.. I mean SERIOUSLY World?!?!? We give a Crap about this?

If this woman did commet suicide from the actual prank and not more stimming grief in here life out side this, then it's because the Media cares WAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much about any, all and every aspect of it.

I agree with what you say but it's very easy to over step the mark like those 2 dj's did. I heard earlier that they went on air to issue an apology and broke down crying thier eyes out which susgests they know they took it too far.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I agree with what you say but it's very easy to over step the mark like those 2 dj's did. I heard earlier that they went on air to issue an apology and broke down crying thier eyes out which susgests they know they took it too far.

That's actually the interview I saw. They were crying, but it was obviously because they felt guilt that someone killed themselves over this. They also have to show remorse infornt of the camera or they will look alot worse than the Media is already trying to make them out to be. They didn't do anything that bad. They didn't harrass the nurse, they didn't sight any sort of blackmail, make an example of her or do anything to her. They Bearly even spoke to her.

I do think there should be some sort of investigation now that this story has gotten so much stupid press, but blaming the DJ's isn't the real solution.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
To be honest coverage of the royal baby doesn't bother me. I also dont watch TV so that might help. At least it has more significance than Snooki getting knocked up and look how much media attention that got.

sticky runes

I'm from UK, and I respect the royal family. I don't obsess over them or fuss over them or anything, but I do like to occasionally find out what they're up to. Harry is my favourite, I think he's awesome.

If you're from the US and you don't care about our royal family, that's fine. I don't give a flying f#ck about Obama, so we're good.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you're from the US and you don't care about our royal family, that's fine. I don't give a flying f#ck about Obama, so we're good.
Apples and oranges. Obama is a head of state. The Royals are not. Obama's counterpart would be David Cameron. We really don't have anything to compare to the Royal Family. Two decades ago some might have compared the Kennedy Family but it seems with the death of Jackie and John John comparisons between the two have waned significantly.

You may not care about Obama, but the movers and shakers in your country certainly do as whatever happens in the White House and Capitol Hill over the next two weeks may have a rippling effect throughout the world including the UK, and not in a good way. :sadface:

Ereshkigal

This will be my last post about politics. You can still have the most popular vote in the States but still lose the race.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts