• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kage

The other thread was getting way off topic. So I created this one. I'll quote my last post there to continue it.

Detect Creatures, yes, i can see you perfectly. yes, I could automatically start that way. it's like running toward a guy with a Fully Automatic at the ready. You have to be close to hit me, that makes my spell far more accurate and deadly, so being close actually is a disadvantage, in a way. I can definitely grip you right away, that isn't a problem. The moment you get within a little more then 10 feet, I could grip you. If your close, i can see you and don't even need detect all creatures.

Kage

Say we see each other at the same exact time, I will have already howled. I don't have to look through a menu of powers to find my werewolves, while you have to look for your paralysis. I dont understand how it always comes down to you talking about a man with his fists raised versus a man with an automatic shotgun. That is not how I view it at all. If your paralysis was an AOE, which it is not, you would stand a chance against 3 of us
Who says I don't have it already? I always have Vampiric Grip at the ready, so i just throw you and then get paralyze ready. No, you don't have to look, your correct, but if we meet at the same time, we would be close, yes? I could use my spells right away. Now, say you do manage to summon those wolves, I summon gargoyles. Yeah, their weak, granted, but their still a fine distraction, and if ignored, do much damage.

Derek Jeder

Not taking into account the level range of your paralysis spell I see. It doesn't really work on most enemies due to the level cap. And the Drain life spell and the Vampiric Grip spell do minimal damage, especialy against an enemy with a 100 stat boost to Health and Stamina, and the simplicity of dodging spells, simply side stepping or moving around will screw with your aim, and Werewolves are pretty fast. Your also saying that your wearing the amulet that lets you summon 2 Gargoyles, and implying that the Werewolf is using 2 totems at the same time. Overall in this fight I go for the Vampire because they have the Bat Teleport spell and the spell that turns you into mist, plus that Vampiric Grip spell is something you could use to easily overpower the Werewolf. So this fight really depends on the users skills and the level of the two opponents.

Star Gazer

So every time we fight it will be in the plains outside whiterun or on a cliff...? What if you are doing a dungeon, and you see me. You're screwed. I don't see why we have to fight on your terms every time. The different powers are good for different things. We are just meeting the exact possibilities that the vampire lord needs, to stand a chance.

Kage

So every time we fight it will be in the plains outside whiterun or on a cliff...? What if you are doing a dungeon, and you see me. You're screwed. I don't see why we have to fight on your terms every time. The different powers are good for different things. We are just meeting the exact possibilities that the vampire lord needs, to stand a chance.

Again, reading comprehension. Did I ever once say we would be fighting by a cliff? I said I could just throw you off a cliff, yes, but I didn't say we would be fighting there. it could be completely possible that we fight in a cave, if so, the VL is screwed, no chance what so ever, but so is the WW when near water, because you can't attack while swimming, whereas I can hover. So, let' say we are on open land, for the sake of fairness, not near any Water or cliffs.

Star Gazer

What would a werewolf be looking for at the bottom of a lake, you have to ask yourself.

Kage

Um, that makes no sense, none, at all. if I'm hovering over water, you can't reach me, at all, as you can't attack in Water. So, again, let us agree that they would be on open land, with no Water or cliffs.

Star Gazer

How does that not make sense. A werewolf has no business in the ocean and neither does a vampire lord.
How often do you find yourself in the middle of the ocean when playing skyrim? never. How often do you find yourself in a cave or town? Most of the time.

Kage

Again, and again, if, and that is a big if as you so kindly pointed out, we were near an Ocean or cliff, you would be screwed, and I in a cave. I find myself out in the open and near cliffs quite a lot more then in a cave. So, again, for simplicities sake, let it be on open terrain, with no cliffs or water.

Star Gazer

because that is where the vampire lord gets most of its advantages? Well, anyway. We both see each other at the exact same time. We are roughly 15 meters away. Is that a good distance? You see me and I see you. You pull out your spell while I press RB. You grip a werewolf, the two others charge you. You throw the werewolf into the air, while one of us power attacks you. You get ragdolled, while the other werewolf rejoins the fight. You have three angry werewolves on top of you, each with an enormous amount of stamina, which is not going to run out quickly. If, by some luck chance, you manage to stand up, you summon a gargoyle. My two werewolves completely eviscerate your stone monster, while I keep you in a defenseless state. By now, you will have already taken enough damage to die, in fact, you would have been dead before you even got the chance to stand back up, because you wouldn't get the chance to stand back up!

Derek Jeder

because that is where the vampire lord gets most of its advantages? Well, anyway. We both see each other at the exact same time. We are roughly 15 meters away. Is that a good distance? You see me and I see you. You pull out your spell while I press RB. You grip a werewolf, the two others charge you. You throw the werewolf into the air, while one of us power attacks you. You get ragdolled, while the other werewolf rejoins the fight. You have three angry werewolves on top of you, each with an enormous amount of stamina, which is not going to run out quickly. If, by some luck chance, you manage to stand up, you summon a gargoyle. My two werewolves completely eviscerate your stone monster, while I keep you in a defenseless state. By now, you will have already taken enough damage to die, in fact, you would have been dead before you even got the chance to stand back up, because you wouldn't get the chance to stand back up!

You forget that the Vampire Lord can teleport with bats, escaping the attacks of your werewolves, and the Vampire can turn invincible, throwing your hounds off. It really honestly depends on the skill of the player, the terrain, and the build of each character.

Kage

because that is where the vampire lord gets most of its advantages? Well, anyway. We both see each other at the exact same time. We are roughly 15 meters away. Is that a good distance? You see me and I see you. You pull out your spell while I press RB. You grip a werewolf, the two others charge you. You throw the werewolf into the air, while one of us power attacks you. You get ragdolled, while the other werewolf rejoins the fight. You have three angry werewolves on top of you, each with an enormous amount of stamina, which is not going to
In a cave you get more advantages then I. It's fair in open areas. Now, I don't see this happening at all. I see myself Vampirirc Gripping you, throwing you, summoning two gargoyles at once if you manage to summon your Were wolves. Hit you with drain spell while your two buddies are taking them on, I hit you with drain spell, and go up in life each time. Eventually, I se eyout urning human, while I'm darting away or avoiding your massive brute strength. When this happen, I kill you easily and your Wolf Perks go away.

Kage

The above is right. Really, I'm tired, were never going to agree, it ultimately boils down to pure preference. I prefer the VL, you the Werewolf. I see the VL winning, you the opposite. Were getting no where. I'm done with this discussion. Both are awesome, both own everything in their paths. Both are equal.

Star Gazer

You forget that the Vampire Lord can teleport with bats, escaping the attacks of your werewolves, and the Vampire can turn invincible, throwing your hounds off. It really honestly depends on the skill of the player, the terrain, and the build of each character.
he cannot turn invincible, he can turn ethereal, which is something entirely different in itself.

Derek Jeder

-Lucas7620
Do you really think that Bethesda would create 2 opposing dieties, making one overpowered? No, they would make them as equal as possible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts