1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Weirdest letter of inheritance?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Writes-Many-Posts, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Writes-Many-Posts

Writes-Many-Posts Champion of Grottos and Gremlins

So, when you mod, or when something bugs, you know you sometimes get money from weird characters. Ex: Forsworn Ravager. Anyway I was just done coming back from a bandit camp, when a courier showed up with this: 2014-07-14_00001.jpg
    Please don't judge my name BTW.

I have also been attacked by hired thugs sent by Paarthurnax, but that's another story.
    Would anyone have a bounty from anything weirder? Like a troll, or a dragon?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JoeReese: 18 Points (The best non-judged character name.) Jul 17, 2014
    tx12001: 10 Points (have 10) Jul 20, 2014
  2. AS88

AS88 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

How can we NOT judge when your name is KRAGNAR THE NOSEPICKER o_O

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kalin of High Rock

Kalin of High Rock Faal Lun Vahdin

I hope it's just his own nose he's picking. If he got the title for picking other noses that's when I begin to judge.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Irishman

Irishman Well-Endowed Member

You Bastard! I am trying to forget about death and inheritance :sadface:

GroBenjii had just come back to his home town of Markarth from a long and dangerous Dawnguard Retrieval Quest. After spending the day smithing, enchanting, selling, sorting and socializing as per usual, he went down (also as per usual) to the Silverblood Inn for a drink with his best drinking pal Cosnach. Benjii had forgotten what gear he had imparted to his mate and therefore asked to look into his inventory... nothing suss o_O

After several more ales, songs, roasts, toasts and hilariously repeated one liners, Benjii took Cosnach's entire set of Epic-smithed Dwarven armour and weapons and promised to have them smithed up better and enchanted or maybe even swapped for some Ebony gear. As they were leaving the Inn arm in arm singing about the sexy forsworn tribal wife (good song that), the familiar sound of guards attacking rang through the air. Thinking it was just a bandit raid, the drunken pair separated and half walked home expecting the eager guards to take care of the threat. It was only when Benjii was halfway up the steps that he heard the unmistakable sound of a vampiric life drain spell. Instincts taking care of the drunkenness, Benjii unsheathed Dawnbreaker and jumped down the steps to see his friend, Cosnach attempting to bare fist box a Volkihar vampire... poor drunk fool. The vampire swiftly separated his head from his body who in turn got his own head separated by Dawnbreaker.

Cosnach still lays dead and decapitated on the ground just inside the Markarth gates :sadface:

Benjii still hasn't read the Inheritance letter as it is still too raw and hurtful.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lucid

Lucid Well-Known Member

Firstly, I'm totally judging your character name. In very good ways.

Secondly, hired thugs from Paarthurnax! What in Julianos' name did you do, man?

I got an inheritance letter from the beggar in Windhelm after he died in a dragon attack. A bum with life insurance, left to an adventurer who flipped him a septim every now and then.

And I once had hired thugs sent by "Bandit Chief". I couldn't fathom where I had left a chief alive to do that, or why s/he hired thugs instead of using their own bandit crew.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Epic Keith

Epic Keith By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

I had thugs sent by Gunmar. The thing is I HAVEN'T EVEN MET GUNMAR YET. (Assuming it's the same Gunmar in the Dawnguard DLC)

I once got a letter of inheritance from someone I just killed. I can't remember who but I just killed him and I get his insurance money :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Writes-Many-Posts

Humph! I will have you all know that Nosepicker is a very honorable title in my character's imaginary bloodline!

Such title is of such greatness, Kragnar introduced himself as the Nosepicker to the Greybeards, and they immediately bowed down.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Epic Keith: 14 Points (Skyrim belongs to the Nosepickers!) Jul 17, 2014
    Hildolfr: 12 Points (All hail the Nosepicker!) Jul 17, 2014
    lizardisok: 4 Points (Not much compared to the 9, 14, and 12 points. But hey :D) Jun 1, 2015
  8. Kalin of High Rock

Kalin of High Rock Faal Lun Vahdin

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lucid

Lucid Well-Known Member

Sure you can. If your friends are resistant to the idea, use a calm spell on them (or invisibility on yourself, stealth nosepicking). If they're really resistant - paralyze. With enough magicka or alchemical skills you can do anything you want! Except maybe have real friends.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Writes-Many-Posts

Stop revealing my family secrets!
    - Kragnar

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lucid

Lucid Well-Known Member

Dad?!

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeReese

JoeReese Well-Known Member

The lady in Mistwatch keep, by chance? I pickpocketed the distraught husband's key once, causing a visit from the hired new armor and weapon shopping thugs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. DestroyerDevourMaster

DestroyerDevourMaster "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"

If only more bandits were so noble as to leave their worldly goods to their killer, the world would be a nicer place to live.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. JoeReese

JoeReese Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Writes-Many-Posts

Skeevers can be such vengeful creatures...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. DestroyerDevourMaster

DestroyerDevourMaster "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"

It's like a Doctor Dolittle edition of Cops.

17. Tryst

Tryst New Member

I picked my nose very carefully, it took me ages to get it right on the character screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AS88

AS88 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

19. Mr Forz

Mr Forz I'm helping. Mostly.

I've had one from a Draugr Scourge. Wasn't exactly experienced on mods back then though. (And at the same time my friend could somehow manage to marry a dragon, it crashed at the wedding but still).

20. tx12001

tx12001 I will not tolerate failure...

In my early modding days when I ran over 200 Mods I suffered from shall we say a most unfortunate and most humorous Letter Inheritance.....you know those mods that make NPCs non-essential?
    well get this I got a letter of Inheritance from.........Sanguine!!! That's right the Daedric Prince himself and it was in the name of Ulfric Stormcloak (I was an imperial soldier) he had bequethed me an inheritance of 400 gold.

Once got thugs sent after me by a Briarheart for Pickpocketing his Briar Heart..which is most bizarre as that kills them outright so who sent the thugs? his ghost?

I remember once when Arcadia sent thugs after me, I killed those thugs (with Ease) and then payed her a little visit where she gave me a stupid look and the same old dialogue about me being a Nord who needs an invisibility potion despite the fact at the time I was a High Elf so then I got a kill cam where my character proceeded to punch her in the face 3 times.

Should I mention the Time back then when my game Glitched and I died but survived (An enemy done a killcam on me but my character got straight back up and here I was playing as the Headless horsemen) 2 days later ingame a courier sends me a letter stating that My own Character had sent himself a letter of Inhertiance WTF!!??) that's why I slimmed down my mod list.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2