• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
I bought Hearthfire recently and to my distaste the weapon cases don't allow me to put daggers or swords in them, is there any way to fix this? (the weapon racks work fine though)

Xivia4

You're supposed to just drop them in. The cases allow you to display other items aside from just weapons.

XELI

that sucks...i can't aim so that the weapon just drops inside....so i left every case empty.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I put a few dragon priest masks in a display case, but they were on the floor when I returned to the house. I've not tried anything else yet.

Timothy Link

Timfever
I only use the large sized glass cases, but dropping them on the floor, then moving them into the cases, has worked fine for me. I've even stored Wuuthrad in a case at Lakeview Manor (the one in the entryway and one in the Armory).

rittz

Yeah, this issue has been discussed before. When returning to your house after having dropped an item into a display case, most often that item will be on the floor. It's a strange glitch that affects everyone I've talked to that has tried it. I've actually also noticed occasional difficulty with the weapon racks in regards to storing Daedric weapons. I can't store the Ebony Blade in the weapon racks at all, and once in a while, the Skull of Corruption ends up lying on the floor when I re-enter the home. :/ It just happens, there's no way to fix any of these problems that I've seen. Just get friendly with your chests for now. At least the mannequins work! ^_^

The irritation of this goes further.
Collect a nice bowl for the house while raiding ancient ruins?
Bring it home, and with much hassle, finally get the apples in the bowl on the table near the front door.
Just to come home to a mess.
The steward never clean up. so you end up falling for her, so you can sha... eerr off topic, sorry...
The first display cases I had, worked, I think that was in Windhelm.
The manors have not worked.
buggy plopse that...

KattSand

Premium Member
I just drop anything I want to store in a displaycase or on a table/shelf, on the floor, then leave the house and then I go back in and place it in the displaycase by dragging and dropping it there, and I've never had problems with anything ending up on the floor after that (in the hearthfire houses), I read somewhere that the items has to be "fixed" to the house in order for the items to stay in place.

I doesn't seem to work so well in the regular houses since stuff still ended up on the floor for me, but with hearthfire and the house I've built, everything has stayed where I put it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts