• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    The Kivikoshi, Li'ivi and Yunta are the civilian races I'm throwing up, the Grok, Viryi, Drono, Styre and Fex are beasties, info coming soon alongside my kingdom location

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I haven't got drawings but here goes:

The Kivikoshi - A race of 8' tall stone-fleshed men with four arms. They were driven underground around 400 years ago and since have lived in three major cities beneath the ground. They are strong and fierce but normally considered a docile people. They gave up the worship of their gods after they were supposedly forsaken by them when they lost the war that resulted in their exile, and turned to revering the group of ancestors that set about founding their new civilization. They reach adulthood after just six years normally, but have very short lifespans of between 20-25 years. Although there is no more common gender, males tend to keep three or four wives. In turn, each of these wives 'belongs' to more than one man. This allows for rapid population growth, providing more men for a workforce consisting of primarily miners and builders. For food, the Kivikoshi have trouble finding animals and edible plant life without straying to the surface, so they simply trade their massive mineral wealth for ample food supplies. The hierarchy of the Kivikoshi differs from city to city. For example, Sundari Kivikoshi revere a sort of Shaman as a leader, who is said to be able to communicate with the dead and communicate their ancestor's wishes to the people, whereas the Viro Kivikoshi look up to a king who earned his place in a meritocratic society, where the strongest lead.

The Li'ivi - The Li'ivi are a race of dark-skinned humans that dwell in the mainland deserts. Unlike normal humans, the Li'ivi possess a sort of natural armor plating in the form of thickened muscles under their skin to protect from beast attacks. Extra layers of skin reduce the shredding damage dealt by raging sandstorms. They have an extra finger on each hand and an extra toe on each foot, for added balance and surer grip, as hunting for survival in the harsh desert climates is incredibly difficult, so the need to be fast and steady is of the utmost importance. They typically do not communicate with the city-dwelling races, preferring to remain isolated in the desert where no others are adapted to best them, however certain tribes have migrated to cities. They seem to share the same properties as humans in terms of height and weight but have much longer average lifespans of 140-150 years, reaching full adulthood at 18 like humans. Due to their isolation and reliance on self-sustainability, the Li'ivi have grown as generation after generation of hunters and alchemists, capable of turning almost any desert plant or animal into a high-quality meal. Typically the weapons they use are short-swords, bows, and the deadly Naginata.

sacient_san_dwellers_by_sancient.jpg

The Yunta - The Yunta are a race of bug-men, composed similar to a Centaur. A heavily-armored six-legged thorax eventually gives way to the torso of a standard human being. They are typically quite mercantile in their society, carrying out even the most trivial of tasks for money. Their six legs and natural exoskeleton gives them incredible speed and remarkable physical strength that far surpasses that of a human. However, to allow for mobility they tend not to armor the human part of their body very heavily, making it a weak spot in battle. A race of skirmishers as much as warriors, the Yunta frown upon most forms of magic, and live in camps organized outside of cities rather than inside them. Like the Viro Kivikoshi, their society is a meritocracy, in which only the most accomplished and richest of the Yunta may rule. In combat, the Yunta fight with short-shafted spears and one-handed axes, slashing and stabbing their foes to pieces in rather crude fashion. They do not, however, isolate themselves from human society, and it is not uncommon to find Yuntan citizens on the cities. They have average lifespans of 50 years, and have been growing increasingly scarce as of recent after a deadly disease known as the Thunderplague that only affected the Yunta wiped out more than half of their population before humans helped them to stop it. Now less than 10,000 remain in the known world.

The Grok - The Grok are a quadrupedal race of swamp-dwellers that feed upon mainly plants and small insects. Despite their sharp teeth and claws, it is rare for them to attack people and other animals. They possess a series of small bumps on their back that glow blood red to deter chasing predators.

monster_monday_volume_2_sketch_1_by_comicbookist-d6af4bh.jpg

The Viryi - The Viryi are a very small race of poisonous insects that swarm on dead creatures and melt the flesh into goo with their venom before carrying it back to nests to feed their hundreds of young. Their poison is strong enough to melt flesh and they are not afraid of attacking humans in swarms, but races like the Li'ivi are seldom bugged by them.

The Drono - The Drono are a race of large serpents, around 12 feet long in places, covered in spikes and armor. They are not venomous, and they prey on smaller animals. They are found commonly in deserts and swamps, and even more so in jungles and grasslands. They are very large and very dangerous, but their meat is a delicacy to those brave or foolish enough to hunt them.

cerastes.jpg

The Styre - A huge race of reptilian behemoths, larger than giants and twice as strong, the Styre live in mountain caves and feed on large animals. They are very dangerous and should be avoided at all costs, but there are only about 10 left in the world and only one has ever been tamed.

nemesis-sh.png

The Fex - The Fex are a race of small tree-dwelling predators, lethal and very agile. They are weak and scare easily, but they are ferocious and capable enough to literally shred flesh to pieces.

802c8d9347fb3240ab3a86e29eac27a8-d55t4r4.jpg

The Mire - The Mire are a race of swamp-dwelling herbivores. They make their homes in boggy earth and bury themselves to hide from predators. They have very hard carapaces that prevent them from being chewed up for long enough for them to release their natural poison into the predator's mouth, forcing them to drop the Mire. They are very small at about two feet high, and are eaten commonly as food.

rust_monster_sketch_by_hologramzx-d5z1hg3.png

The Dzin - A gargantuan race of passive herbivores, the Dzin are enormous quadrupedal beasts that are herded by giants and ridden by the Li'ivi desert tribes. They provide an excellent source of milk, and from there cheese and creams, and when killed their skin and meat is incredibly useful.

218a5449fd93265594b4a82bba79dbe5.jpg

I WILL BE UPDATING THIS AS A FULL CODEX OF ALL THE BEASTS AND RACES IN OUR RP.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    This is where I intend to set up my kingdom for the RP, with plans to expand to the surrounding islands and the north of the southern continent.
    MAP.3.jpg

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Also can my kingdom be the one who tamed that thing that looks similar to an alien off of alien? I don't mind if no, just my kingdom will still have a heavy supernatural theme only better incorporated this time :p

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Okay so before we actually make the thread we neet to clarify a few things.
    1. World name
    2. Kingdom History
    3. Thread name

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'm intending to have the majority of the native Li'ivi in my kingdom, one of the Kivikoshi cities in there near the border and about 400 Yunta in my employ :p daryl if you wanna have tamed it yeah but I was thinking it would be more of a legendary hero sort of deal rather than recent

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    We can have our history on the new thread but we still need a name and the name of the world we're rping in. I'm thinking Rotafar(as the name of the world).

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I can do eet, but i'd rather you go through the trouble of finding poetic words to lure people in.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    We can work most of it in the OOC. We can discuss the history of our kingdoms right here seeing as how we're both online. My kingdom is a diarchy(2 rulers) that really hates mages and find multiple ways to persecute them. To place it briefly most wars outside the kingdom were caused by mere insults. The two rulers consider themselves very high and mighty and do not allow anyone to talk trash. People die from gossiping. That however is the only Tyrannic part about my kingdom..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts