• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Rolard stopped in his tracks when a curious sight caught his eye. A regally dressed and powerful looking Nord, accompanied by an Argonian curiously, as well as a contingent of Windhelm soldier.

"It would seem our presence has warranted Lord Kendov's attention." Rolard very nonchalantly placed his hand on the hilt of his sword, playing out how this scenario could go down in his head. He was without his personal guard, and clearly outnumbered. But unless Kendov was a truly honorless dog, he wouldn't likely attempt to cut him down in the streets of a neutral Hold.

@wreckem_all
    "Come Orsimer, let us greet this so called 'High King'. I doubt he came here to enjoy the marshes." Rolard then made to approach the troop, undaunted by the presence of his followers. After all, he had an entire army waiting just a couple miles away.

@AndgerTheNord @DraconicPsycho
    "Hail there Lord Kendov, a fine little band you lead here. Although I'm curious as to what would bring you out so far from your Hold?" Rolard stood before them, blocking them from going any further into town, his hand still resting on his hilt, waiting for the smallest sign of hostility.

OOC: Sorry, not sure if it was my turn or now? Just felt like we should all finally meet :p

Oh and @Falcon-eye you can join as well, Rolard just doesn't know your even here

King Kendov smirked when he saw the breton noble, "Lord Rolard..I feel you are mistaken, King Kendov would be a better title. But formalities aside, it is good to finally meet the King of Solitude."
    Kendov dismounted his horse flanked by Reez, and a few of his soldiers. "To answer your question, I am here to make an alliance, Skyrim has been fractured to long. I also bring a word of warning, the Reachmen have terrorized the west for far to long. The Reach has fallen, Hjaalmarch is being invaded, and there have even been reports of attacks in Falkreath. My men are well trained and equipped, we can assist you in an invasion."

The King waved over one of his soldiers and withdrew a scroll. "But with all alliances, we have some rules that we must abide to. The border between Haafingar and the Empire of Eastmarch and Atmora will be Hjaalmarch. Eastmarch and Atmora are to be treated as Empire territory. The Pale will be recognized as an associate state of Eastmarch. Each kingdom will provide an ambassador and an embassy. Each kingdom will provide military assistance, and aid in the unification of Skyrim." Kendov paused, took a breath and continued, "Should the Imperial Empire or the Aldmeri Dominion require Skyrim's representation in political matters, the king's of Haafingar and the Empire of Eastmarch and Atmora will represent Skyrim as a whole."

Kendov put the scroll back in the satchel and waited for Rolard's response to his proposition.

Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Falcon-eye worked his way to a sitting position, crossing his legs beneath him, and resting his elbows on his knees. He was in no mood to attack, so he tried to look as friendly as possible in his hooded assassin-like getup. He chuckled inwardly at the thought, tree-hugging assassins? That'd be a sight to see.

Falcon-eye absently listened to Kendov's rant, ignoring most of the offer. This Kendov intrigued him, why waste time and energy attempting to strike a deal rather than build defenses and troops? Was this simply a front to conceal Kendov's true intentions?

Nobody had noticed Falcon-eye perched directly above them, even the guards had missed him, it's not like I'm trying to hide either, he thought.

This meeting didn't seem to add up any way Falcon-eye tried to spin it. Why involve an assassin in a peaceful meeting? Did Kendov really expect him to kill this "Rolard" without saying so? Which hand was Kendov playing?

"Excuse me milords," his voice dripped with sarcasm, "I'm afraid I don't quite grasp the situation." He paused, glaring at Kendov, "Before you insult me again you petty king, at least answer this. You ask me to travel to Morthal, knowing full well what you expect me to find. Under the impression you would prefer to start a war with Solitude rather than negotiate. Yet, you follow me here, and attempt to act in a civil manner and propose a deal. Why? Arming one hand and offering the other is effective, but why waste the time if you have already decided your end-game? Then you hire an assassin? Careful Kendov, or your ambitions will be your downfall."

Falcon-eye called Kohana to the edge of the roof with a whistle. Falcon knew he was being rather daft and gambling with his own safety, but he needed answers. Clients didn't choose him for his easy-going, order-following attitude. No, they hired him because he knew how to operate. They needed a thinker, not a brute, but someone who could kill as efficiently as they solved problems. Lying to assassins, even omission, was the quickest way to turn them into your worst nightmare.

Last edited:

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Rolard listened silently to Kendov's proposal, his face devoid of emotion or interest. While an alliance would be of great benefit to his people, he knew this king only offered because it would further his own goals. And Rolard wasn't to be used as a pawn.

Rolard prepared to offer a rebuttal when a new voice broke into the conversation. If he was surprised by the sudden appearance of the Argonian assassin, he did not show it, his hand only slightly tightening around the hilt of his sword, and a small spark of blue flame dancing out from his left hand. Really, he had been expecting some kind of play on his life. Far earlier than this actually.

This meeting became all the more interesting when the assassin completely outed Kendov's plan. Brash, bold, cunning. He could be of use to Haafingar. This changed things.

"Hail there good man, I appreciate you introducing yourself before sinking an arrow into the back of my skull. I must admit good king, I am intrigued as to what your true plans are here. I am but a simple lord trying to protect the western holds from the Reachmen. I come in peace, and what am I offered? A warm welcome lies in front of me, while a dagger is put at my back. Most dissapointing." Rolard tsked in chastisement. This was a shaemful display of intrigue, if this could even be called that. He could picture his father, berating him for making such a childish and foolish mistake. The thought brought a smile to his face.

"So what say you King Kendov, I refuse to parlay unless an explanation is given for this."

He looked over to Ugdul, who stood stoically at his side, visibly unmoved by these events. He was glad for that. No weakness could be shown here. This moment could well decide the future sphere's of influence in Skyrim.

Kendov gasped in mock surprise, "Oh no! You discovered by devious plot. Gosh darn't!" Kendov sighed and spoke, "I am not that stupid, King Rolard. It is true I hired this argonian, but only to scout out the area. Do I want a king dead? The answer is yes." Kendov looked at Reez silently telling him to get ready for combat. Then looking at Rolard he started speaking once more, "I don't want you dead, I want Madanach dead. His reach men have been spotted roaming the hills of Whiterun and stalking the forests of Falkreath. War is upon us, forgive the expression but Madanach has Skyrim by the balls. Most of the holds rely on the Reach for silver and iron, he could cut off the entire country and watch as it collapses. So now we sit back as he razes the surrounding holds."

Kendov then went silent, he heard a snap and saw figures run into the swamp. "Reachmen" he thought to himself. Motioning for Reez to follow the barbarians, he spoke again, "Our tree climbing friend here was intended to kill the forsworn bastard. But not anymore, because he is being released of service. I want a smart assassin, not one that jumps to conclusions." Kendov gripped the hilt of his sword and looked at Rolard "I don't want war with Haafingar, I want a united Skyrim. How long do you think it will take before the Dominion or the Empire march to your front door step and decide you belong to them?"

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Falcon-eye snorted at Kendov's remark, "A smart king wouldn't fail to realize Assassins are paid for work. I came here out of my own curiousity Kendov." He paused, a sly smirk crossing his face, "You also fail to realize I am merely asking a question. If I was to work for you, knowledge of your actions would be paramount in avoiding...shall we say tragic crossfire. But seeing as how you lack the patience and foresight of a tempered king, I doubt I would take up your contract reguardless of payment."

Falcon-eye moved to his feet and motioned for Kohana to circle about him, continuing his mockery. "Fire me if you see fit, but I don't recollect the signing of a contract with you." He shook his head, "Try to do better the next time you deal with an Assassin, it may save your life." He turned away from the scene below, but stopped short, "I do urge you to hold your tongue the next time you deal with Assassins, many are not as tolerant as I, especially those of the Brotherhood." A cruel grin spread across the young Argonian's features, an idea forming in his head, "I'll be sure to let your court know you wish to perform the Black Sacrament. Good day, Jarl Kendov." He gave an extravagant bow before turning and sprinting off the building, landing with a roll and quickly leaving the city in the direction of Solitude. He cursed to himself when he realized this encounter would most likely follow him there.

Falcon-eye knew well the king hated him, perhaps enough to kill him, but he was enjoying the chance to mock Kendov all too much. He would regret making enemies with this man later, but as an Assassin, death always loomed over him. If he caught the King's attention, coin would flow his way from those who supported a new Jarl. Or he would die.

A twinge of regret planted itself firmly in Falcon-eye's head. His last chance at family had presented itself and what had he done? Spat in it's face and walked away. Wonderful work there, I should really go about the rest of my contracts in such a foolish way.

Roughly a mile from Morthal, he finally brought himself to slow down, the fear of pursuit wearing off. Kohana landed lightly on his shoulder as he walked. "Great job, huh?" The young Argonian drew in a shaky breath. "How much longer do you think Lady Maven will give us before she kills me? Not long, I imagine." Falcon-eye knew speaking to a hawk was rather foolish, but he couldn't contain his fears any longer. Death was coming for him...and as hard as he tried to tell himself he was ready. He knew he wasn't.

DraconicPsycho

Dragonman
    "What a fool...talking to the King in such a manner. You are a disgrace to have as a cousin." Reez thought that his cousin would be smarter, but he was disappointed. As he rolled away, Reez looked back at the guards. "Get...ready" He said this shockingly quiet, so not even Jarl Kendov could hear him. He grasped at his dual axes hilts. They felt cool to the touch, but they might soon be warm with the blood of a western jarl. "Well, Jarl Rolard, i suggest you accept the deal..These...reachmen...can be a real pain.."

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Rolard stood back, looking rather uninterested in the bickering between the the king and his assassin. He knew it wasn't coincidence that a trained killer was watching over the meeting. Yet there was nothing he could really say about it now, simply something to be remembered for when they didn't have a common enemy. One must always prepare for the future. This assassin did intrigue him though, blatantly going against Kendov in such a way. He was unsure of where this animosity came from, but he intended to use it.

He held up his hand, dismissing the Argonian accompanying Kendov as he gave a quick whistle. In a moment a bulky robed and hooded figure approached him and leaned in close.

"Go and find the Argonian assassin who has just left, and let him know Lord Rolard Seton wishes to arrange a meeting with him, which will be most profitable." His voice was barely a whisper, but the man got the message, and quickly departed. Soon it became clear that he wasn't alone, but there were four other similarly adorned men standing back behind Rolard, just enough to remain unnoticed, but close enough to jump into action if need be.

With that done Rolard turned back to the opposing party, a broad smile on his face. "I eagerly look forward to an alliance between our peoples good king, but you'd forgive me if I offer a more detailed one. That Haafingar be looked upon as warden of the west. I will not impose my will upon the Jarls here, but will offer my aid and protection to them. I respect yout boundary at Hjaalmarch, but would extend it to the Rift and Falkreath as well. Also, Whiterun will be considered a neutral party, and its sovereignty respected. I also agree that Skyrim must be united, but we can discuss how it will be at a later time." Rolard took a moment to catch his breath and guage the interest of the king and his counsel. "As to your other terms I most gladly accept. The Reachmen are a blight upon this land, and Haafingar looks to wipe it away."

When he heard the snap, he heard a small commotion behind him, the hooded men grabbing concealed weaponry and preparing, it would soon be time for the signal.

"Together, we shall hold strong aginast any threat, be they Imperial, Aldmeri, or..." Rolard drew his white ebony sword as he looked over to the dense swamps, "Reachmen."

OOC: Is @wreckem_all still with us? Also just to clarify, I did have a squadron of knights follow Rolard while the main army stayed behind, but they were ignored, so I just played it off as them staying in the background

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts