PC Waking Nightmare Game Breaking Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BillyJohn2009

So today I was playing Skyrim and I decided to do the quest Waking Nightmare. I started the quest and got the same bug a lot of people have got when they do the quest in the temple when they try to save the game crashes, so I looked how to get around this bug. I found out I just had to do the whole quest without saving. So I did that and finished the quest. When I went outside and saved for the first time since I started the quest I got CTD, the game crashed to desktop just like it does when you normally try to save when doing that quest. I really thought nothing of it so I loaded the game back up and tried to load the save and it crashed again. So again I loaded the game up but instead loaded the autosave which was made after leaving the temple which worked. I then fast traveled to the nearest city, I think it was Winterhold because I needed to do a quest there. I got there saved then less than 20 seconds later the game just crashed like it did before. The game just kept crashing when I saved or sometimes when I load a save, also when I wait soon after the game will crash. So this really annoyed me and made the game unplayable because the game crashed ever minute or two. So I did what I though would be best and just loaded the game before I did the quest and decided to just not do it. This resulted in the same thing. The game was still bugged like before. It just crashed every few minutes. So I loaded up really far before I did the quest and still the same thing, just crashing constantly. I played the game just fine but then I decided to do this quest and now the bug is affecting every save I have making Skyrim unplayable. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game just to see if that would fix it. Still didn't do jack. I have even redone the quest a few times to see if it would fix it. But nothing. I am playing with mods but I know it has nothing to do with them because I deactivated all of the mods I had and still the same happens, the game crashing within 2 minutes of playing. This has completely destroyed my skyrim and I really don't want to start a new game since I must have over 230 hours of gameplay on my character and I cannot do that again. I think I have tried everything but I was hoping someone might know something that may stop this bug.

Nighthiker77

Advice for PC, don't drink the torpor, just TCL through the barrier. The bug is hooked to the torpor graphics or something. If you don't drink it, the quest won't glitch out.

Nighthiker77

There is a possibility you could have a patch conflict if your official and unofficial patches aren't all current. I doubt that is it, but they all need to be current anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts