Xbox 360 Wait... so Serana knows Ice Storm?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Just curious, because the UESP says at levels 48-50 she knows Ice Storm. I've never encountered her using it though (except with a staff). I just wish she learned some expert level spells. Ice Spike and Chain Lightning just doesn't seem like enough. Besides, Chain Lightning is not so good when you have other followers (especially pets, since she'll most likely kill them).

However, I do notice that when given some enchantment buffs and Ahzidial's Ring of Arcana, she continually spams Ignite on non-fire resistant enemies, but switches back to Ice Spike/Chain Lightning for fire resistant enemies. If you have Serana and another follower, I think it would be a nice choice to give her that ring (just so she isn't shocking your other followers with Chain Lightning a lot). Besides, she dual casts Ignite a lot too. It's like she's getting ready to fire off a firey kamehameha lol. She never seems to use Freeze though :/

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Yeah I got tired of Serana using Chain Lightning. She started WAY too many catfights with my other followers. I got sick of having to break up their little feuds, so I left her. Now Meeko and I roll alone - good riddance. Her complaining got on my nerves too. Meeko never complains :D

Huh, that's interesting, I didn't think that the effects of that ring would affect a follower. Would that mean the necromancy ring also works on Serana (she does love her necromancy)?

Ivory

Let's Player
She's used Ice storm for me a few times. Also, giving her the Necromancer's amulet is very useful as well. She'll hardly run out of magicka before a fight is over.

Cool, I never thought to give the Ring to a follower, and see if they'd use the spells. GTK!
Well, that happened by coincidence. I needed to take some carry weight off me, and she just so happened to be there, so I thought I'd give her the ring to hang on to also.
Yeah I got tired of Serana using Chain Lightning. She started WAY too many catfights with my other followers. I got sick of having to break up their little feuds, so I left her. Now Meeko and I roll alone - good riddance. Her complaining got on my nerves too. Meeko never complains :D

Huh, that's interesting, I didn't think that the effects of that ring would affect a follower. Would that mean the necromancy ring also works on Serana (she does love her necromancy)?
I suppose that means less permanent ash piles for you then!

And I dunno, never tried the necromancy ring with her. In fact, I've never tried it at all. I wonder if creatures exploding for frost damage means they'll turn to ash still or turn into broken pieces of ice like those exploding ice spiders?
She's used Ice storm for me a few times. Also, giving her the Necromancer's amulet is very useful as well. She'll hardly run out of magicka before a fight is over.
Really? Under what conditions did she use the spell? About the amulet, I know she'd benefit from the +50 magicka, but does she really benefit from the -25% conjuration cost? I thought followers weren't effected by fortifying a school of magic.

Ivory

Let's Player
Dunno, i guess i could be wrong. or the +50 helps that much.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts