Voice Acting parts for medieval fantasy computer game

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
My husband and I are developing a computer game and he's started the process of collecting auditions for the voice acting. If you'd like to try your hand at something like this, please feel free to leave a post here and we'll send you some portions of scripts and descriptions of characters we need. Please let me know if you want to read for male or female roles and if there's any special or unique character to your voice (do you sound particularly young? Villainous? Accent?). This will allow me to send you lines for characters that best fit your style.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ding! Pick me. :D

Female role for me, thanks.

I'm a natural alto with the ability to speak (and sing, though that's not specifically relevant for a speaking roll except in the representation of my range) in the tenor and soprano ranges. This means I can sound more mature, or younger as needed. I believe I can do either heroic or villainous (I have a wicked cackle).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, in the auditions I've "heard", so to speak, many of the female voices seem too young for the roles we need to cast. There is a pitch or tinny-ness to them that reminds me more of an adolescent who has not yet gained the full maturity and power of voice that comes later in life. Certainly no disrespect to any of them. They have lovely voices and have all been very good actors. But there are definitely some characters who need the benefit of a strong timbre.

NeoRoman

This is for custom titles?
I'm not sure what I can contribute but people have told me my voice is more on the "lower" side. Of course, I'll have to know the scene to get the voice right. I don't know all the vocal lingo but I can see what I can do.

Docta Corvina

Rayven, that sounds good to me - I'm not quite sure how to describe my voice, other than to say that it's definitely not high-pitched or tinny in any fashion. I think I'd do well with a 'mature' sounding character. :)

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
I love acting. I'm fourteen and a guy, but I sound more in a sixteen to eighteen range with my voice. I can do an array of voices and accents and have been acting in my church and in film camp since I was four. I have experience as a lead role, but would love to try a villain. Lemme know if you need any help and PM me the stuff. I'll find something to record with and send it you you if you pick me. Did I mention I love acting?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, for those of your interested, please write an email to

voice 'at' maelstrom 'dot' cc

My husband monitors that email account and has been using it to communicate with some of the other people auditioning. Just basically say what you said here. Make sure to clarify your gender so he know what lines to send.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Damn. I gave the wrong address. It's "voices", plural, at maelstrom dot cc.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
This sounds like it would be a great bit of fun, unfortunately I'm piss-poor when it comes to doing anything related to the performing arts. Best of luck to those doing it though.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Wow very nice! I would audition.....if I wasn't half way across the world!!
I wish you the best for your video game Ray! Hope it's a success!;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't matter where you are as long as you can record your voice. That's the beauty of the interwebz ;)

Anyway, if people are interested, please make sure you email voices at maelstrom dot cc as soon as possible.

JoeReese

I sent an e-mail yesterday. Figured why not? I didn't attach a recording, but I will send one if you want.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I would love to try and audition. I mean I think it shouldnt be a problem with my mic. Just need to adjust...

But yeah... I wanna do this if possible :D

EDIT: Both emails are not working. Did you already get everyone you wanted?

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey you need some Northern Irish in the game ;)... I'd love to take part have recently started a lets play channel and i'd like to try some other stuff. I'm happy to try anything. So give me something and i'll shoot it back over to ya.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Ok email sent, reply back to me with audition stuff if required :)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've never done any sort of acting ever and I don't even like my voice but hey, you never know what hidden talents may lie within. I'll give this a go! Unfortunately, though, I think I sound somewhat younger than my 30 years... at least when I'm speaking normally. Maybe I can voice act older. I DON'T KNOW.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've never done any sort of acting ever
Actually, that's not entirely true. I act as a goblin every week in D&D. I even have a voice for him. AND I've acted him acting as another character. I even talk like a goblin in my sleep sometimes, according to Mr. iPag.

Speaking of, he did a lot of acting in high school and he's great at doing interesting voices in D&D. I'll see if he might be interested in this too.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I've never done any sort of acting ever
Actually, that's not entirely true. I act as a goblin every week in D&D. I even have a voice for him. AND I've acted him acting as another character. I even talk like a goblin in my sleep sometimes, according to Mr. iPag.

Speaking of, he did a lot of acting in high school and he's great at doing interesting voices in D&D. I'll see if he might be interested in this too.

Don't worry about the age too much. I think the two characters that really really need a more mature-sounding female voice have been cast but we still have a lot of auxiliary characters that can be voiced. And if the voice is purely interesting enough but too high or low pitched, there's software out there that can do a pitch change.

So we'd love to hear from you and Mr. iPag.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts