• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xarnac

They seem like they can be easily presuaded. Like if given even a small reason, they would switch sides and become Imperial allies
Yes, especially if it has to do with the Ja'Kha'jay. Though that isn't a small reason, that is their whole existence and where their pantheon derives from. A bit too superstitious perhaps, but so are the Redguards and Orcs for that matter. Like with most things, the Thalmor/AD saw the most perfect opportunity and did what was in their power to intervene, whether they actually did bring them back (I doubt it), or just claimed they did.

The khajiit seem like horrible allies though.
A race of natural assassins seems hard to turn down. The natural stealth and the ablity to have a constant weapon with them all the time (claws) is extremely powerful.

Though having an entire race to yourself is impossible. Some will always fall away and join the other side, regardless of any money being involved.

DRB42bac16

I read an article on elder scrolls wiki about the thalmor and it had an excerpt from a book in the game but i forget its name... but it said something along the lines of "The High Elves truly care for nothing more than seeming important to their peers, all the parties/ancient relics/books/schooling/etc they have is for nothing but to basically say 'i'm better than you'"
now with that said, thats only about high elves from their homeland, where EVERYTHING they do is centerred toward being as much like their ancestors as possible. the only high elves we see in skyrim/oblivion/morrowind (besides thalmor agents) are actually banished from their homeland for basically being non-snobbish.

so honestly whats there to like? they see the races of man as a curse upon the face of nirn.

Xarnac

I read an article on elder scrolls wiki about the thalmor and it had an excerpt from a book in the game but i forget its name... but it said something along the lines of "The High Elves truly care for nothing more than seeming important to their peers, all the parties/ancient relics/books/schooling/etc they have is for nothing but to basically say 'i'm better than you'"
now with that said, thats only about high elves from their homeland, where EVERYTHING they do is centerred toward being as much like their ancestors as possible. the only high elves we see in skyrim/oblivion/morrowind (besides thalmor agents) are actually banished from their homeland for basically being non-snobbish.

so honestly whats there to like? they see the races of man as a curse upon the face of nirn.
The bold underlined is not true. There are many reasons why there are Altmer in mainland Tamriel. Throughout history, all races have intermingled and accepted cultural diversity and racial acceptance in one way or another.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Nope, I'm not wrong. Know more about ES history. The Reds drove the Thalmor out of Hammer, fact. The Reds did it alone, fact. The Thalmor are no longer in Hammer, fact. Admit you didnt read, and or have no idea what your talking about. Do you even know what was said, or what you even first replied to me, lol?

I say: The AD would not, could not take over in a week. And would most likely lose from a united resistance. Just as the Reds single handedly kicked them from Hammer.

You say: Fury, Fear, paralyze all spells the dominion possess, The redguards survived because of a truce.

From what is known, you are wrong. The Reds survived because they kicked the Thalmor's ass to the point they sued for peace, in which they were kicked from the lands. And the fighting in Hammer was reinforced by Thalmor within those last 5 years. Plus by the time the Medic agreed to terms, what remained of the Empire was basically winning, so a united resistance would most likely have won, since even the Imperial's great war wasn't a totally united front. Everything I said stands. So, why did you reply?

However, I can pick apart many things you say in your OP.

I simply gave my oppinion enforced from what i remember of the lore( i just finised a 5 month break from ES) but i admit my memory isn't 100% clear on this subject and will look more into it.

As for why i replied i gave my oppinion that the Dominion could win in hammer.

But you can't expect everyone to remember every bit of lore esspecially if they are fans of other game series like dragon age and mass effect and fallout.

Thats the end of my talking about hammerfell.

DRB42bac16

The bold underlined is not true. There are many reasons why there are Altmer in mainland Tamriel. Throughout history, all races have intermingled and accepted cultural diversity and racial acceptance in one way or another.
oh well i was just putting what i thought it said. it would make sense though.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
While the dominion is strong i think the Empire is the best bet for Tamriel due to it's popularity.

I can't remember who it was who brought up the idea of redguards, orcs and nords vs the dominion but that would be something to see.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
While the dominion is strong i think the Empire is the best bet for Tamriel due to it's popularity.

I can't remember who it was who brought up the idea of redguards, orcs and nords vs the dominion but that would be something to see.
I wish that were true still.
The Empire isn't the best bet anymore, it's politicians are corrupt with funds from the Aldmeri Dominion, they hire Assassins to further their own gains; the basis of the Empire has been dwindled into a Sandbox where the kids are fighting over the shovels and buckets.

The best bet for all of Tamriel, is not only new leadership in each of the Races homelands; but a unified opposition to the Aldmeri Dominion.

An all out offensive strike on the Summerset Isles, to behead the best is really the only way Tamriel will not fall under full control of the Aldmeri Dominion.

The Nords and Redguards would, and could hold their own against the Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion quite easily.
In Hammerfell, if you listen to the Alik'r, and read some of the Books, Hammerfell is no longer part of the Empire due to the refusal of bending knee to the Aldmeri Dominion, and the constant attacks and opposition to their rule.

The Empire has no footing in Hammerfell anymore, and it's just the Aldmeri Dominion trying to pry for a piece of control, which they're losing. It's why they want this Rebellion in Skyrim quelled.
If they control Skyrim, they will now have Imperial backing, as well as an alternate route right into Hammerfell, the "Sandwich" tactic if you will, would allow the Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire to squish Hammerfell into a centralized location, destroying the landscape, killing all who oppose them; and giving full control to the Aldmeri Dominion.

But, if Skyrim gains it's Independence, they will have new Allies to fight against the Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion; along with the Orc strongholds who despise the Thalmor for everything they stand for; they would create a very strong opposition, maybe even enough to make the Empire itself renounce the White-Gold Concordat, and if they did that, and if they started engaging the Aldmeri Dominion, then just maybe the three would re-join the Empire.

Yet as I stated before, the Imperial diplomats are heavily enjoying the gold flow.

EDIT: It was me who first stated the Orcs, Nords, and Redguards.

cyberius

Dunmer politician and battlemage.
I agree with you. Over decades, the high elves and the nords would eventually ease up on each other.
And like you, I used to hate the altmer, but now, i have some respect for them.

Nords: Probably lower class, or, (if it exists) slaves, since the Altmer really seem to not get along with them.
Imperial: Probably the same as nords.
Bretons: Probably banished or unwanted, since neither elves or humans like them.
Redguard: Probably still trying to hurt the Dominion.
Orc: Would probably be slaves, or made to be smiths.
Altmer: The top race of the Dominion. Either Politicians, or rich. Or both.
Bosmer: The second race of the Dominion. Either Servants, or 1st class.
Dunmer: 3rd class. Why? The religous views first of all. Dunmer are mainly tribal, and Altmer and Bosmer believe in specific gods.
Argonians: Lowest class.
Khajiit: Lowest class.

If the Almer used slaves, Dunmer, Nords, Bretons, Redguards, Orcs, Argonians, Khajiit would suffer.

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
The Thalmor are Tamriel's Nazis: They believe in their own supremacy, they'll try to wipe out other races (probably the Beast races first), and they'll probably exterminate other governments, with the High Elven dominion being the only one. It won't be like the Empire before the Oblivion Crisis, it'll be just High Elves and whoever they deem worthy of living for their own uses.Old habits die hard, tensions won't be eased until it's too late.

Well, that's my reasoning and logic.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I would much rather be ruled by a bunch of high elves than a bunch of imperials.
I'm sick of hearing "stay out of trouble elf."
And using magic would no longer be frowned upon, that would be nice.

Hunfar

I would much rather be ruled by a bunch of high elves than a bunch of imperials.
I'm sick of hearing "stay out of trouble elf."
And using magic would no longer be frowned upon, that would be nice.

It beats walking by thalmor and hearing "You're a pathetic excuse for an elf!"

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
They say that?
I never heard that diolouge before.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts