• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I used to hate the Dominion but now I come to question myself, are they right? Picture it, A tamriel controled by the best army in Tamriel, Not racist towards other races ( tensions high elves rose with the nords and impeirials will pass in a few decades), Leading an extinct races dream of Elven supremacy ( the elven have took enough rasicm over the last few centuries I say), and while banning Talos worship ( Because he was a mortal not because he liberated Tamriel), respecting the eight divines and all this while making it's civillians completly safe from the dangers of the wild forests and deserts and ruins scattered around. Is this not what the empire want's in its most true explination? Who else agrees?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well most people have a love/hate thing going with the Aldmeri Dominion. I don't feel either way really. I'm actually working on a idea for fan fic that involves them a good bit. They have good and bad points really. It all depends on what your view would be if you were a given race in Tamriel.

Vinz

They are doing what is in the best interests of the their people and we should respect them for that. Doesn't mean you can't hate them for it if you want to :D

Hunfar

The only views I have of them is of my warhammer smashing their face in, followed by stripping down their elven armor. Alvor doesn't care too much for fancy elven armor but he'll pay good coin for it.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I think they need to pull that stick from out their butts and stop beating people with it. Seriously banning the worship of Talos cause "they don't like him" is a really stupid reason. And they say dark elves are bad at the whole supremicy thing, and they're just trying to survive now (you can tell I'm a dark elf huh?). I will say this though... WEll nevermind. I was gonna say something nice but cant think of anything lol.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
They are doing what is in the best interests of the their people and we should respect them for that. Doesn't mean you can't hate them for it if you want to :D
Thank you!! Rare to meet dominion supportors

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I don't like the Aldmeri Dominion but I certainly don't hate them. Their no different then dragons... who are driven by domination. Do we call dragons villains? Certainly not. Each species and race are out to prove their dominance to rule.

The thing that Dominion proved to us is just how weak and unstable the empire is by forcing them to sign the treaty to ban the worship of Talos. Has the Empire regain their strength and can fight back against the Dominion, and possibly win? who knows.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Didn't the Thalmor have some sort of purge in their civilization. One of the other type of elves; Wood Elves perhaps?? I'm sorry they are every bit as racist as Ulfric, just from the other direction. Just because you are called High Elves doesn't mean you are superior... Just means i gotta swing Wuthreed at a taller target. Still gets the job done!

I'm not a fan of delusional superiority complexes whether Nord or High Elves, i'm sure they have their good points like the Stormcloaks had some good points. Just not enough for me to sway from the Empire. They pay the best for amoral merceneries like me :D

Gowsh

Old Fart
Hate 'em.

The arrogance combined with the tone of voice just rubs my sword-carriers the wrong way.

One of my characters killed time by ambushing Thalmor parties on the way to Solitude.

Good times.

Let's try and find a way to point the upcoming DLC vampires at the Thalmor.:mad:

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Empire, Thalmor, Ulfric, Daedra, dragons, the group in power matters little to a criminal and I find that in most things I have a criminal type mindset if not total criminal lifestyle(I'm working on that problem but bad habits and all that).

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Their superior attitude and general arrogance was starting to irritate me a little. Now they want me dead - sending assassins tooled up in ebony. I can live with the arrogance, but sending assassins is simply not the way to make friends.

Xarnac

The AD didn't/doesn't really have the best, or most powerful army though. That isn't why Talos worship was banned either. It's also a very subjective opinion that they are doing what is best for their people, since many Altmer do not support, and in fact hate the new Thalmor. Hell, they exterminated a lot of the Altmer kings and hierarchy after they rose to power.

Then there's how the old AD and by extension the old Thalmor are nothing like the new that came into power during the Oblivion Crisis and the Great War. But that's another discussion. The Thalmor are extremist, jingoistic, elitist that put Highborn race, National pride and a contempt for man above all else.

MK says that they are alien and therefore their prerogatives are alien as well (though everything on Nirn is alien, technically), and unknown to the other races. But while what MK says is canon, I'm not big on an unfathomable objective, only privy to Elven Aliens.

The nuevo Thalmor are to the original Valenwood guardians (original Thalmor), as WW2 Japanese soldiers were to Samurai. Or any other revivalist sect, propagating on the curtails of a former provenance.

The new Thalmor are villains though. Even a brief look at them will prove as much, plus the powers that be have already named them such.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
That's because you messed up Elewens party. What do you expect would happen?

She'd dig the bad boy attitude and want to get some... A la From Russia with Love.

Mahone

I think the Empire and the Stormcloak's should have a temporary peace treaty to push the Dominion out out skyrim. The stormcloak's would get talos back, and the Empire would be free from the thalmor.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I think the Empire and the Stormcloak's should have a temporary peace treaty to push the Dominion out out skyrim. The stormcloak's would get talos back, and the Empire would be free from the thalmor.

That wouldn't be practical. Both sides would be weakened by war while the Dominion would already be prepared and ready for it. The Dominion are also powerful sorcerers, have the Khajiit with them who expertise with stealth, and the Bosmer who expertise in stealth and arhcery. The Dominion would have the better advantage and win the war within a few weeks. If there's any chance of defeating the Dominion it's with a united and strong Empire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts