• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

YeTTi

For me, I love being on the Evil side of things when you have a choice :)

I agree the weaknesses you get as a Vampire are annoying BUT I still think that the bonuses you get counterweight them sufficeintly. The absorb health spell is quite powerful along with other benefits like Corpse Curse which paralysis for about 10 secs.

I like the vampire over-all & think its a nice addition to Skyrim. The perk tree though? ....I only felt that the entire right side was worth investing for any reason, the perks on the left were good but not great.

CaptMorgan72

Vampirism in the Elder Scroll Universe is different than traditional vampire lore. The creation of Molag Bal, vampirism is the result of a ritual with a mortal and the daedric lord. As a pure blood (vampire lord) vampires are in possession of great supernatural power. That power becomes progressively weaker as the vampire bloodline gets weaker. Other than Harkon's court, all the vampire's in Skyrim are not pure bloods or turned by a pure blood and lack most of the supernatural power Molag Bal bestows to mortals. There are however very powerful vampires present that are not pure bloods, but they are very old and have grown in power over the centuries.

Vampires are very fun to play as. They have their weaknesses like the sun and fire, both which can be negated within the Dawnguard dlc using enchantments and the bow of Auriel. Playing as a vampire lord is the best experience for being a vampire. Here you can truly experience the dark power that Molag Bal intended his children to have. Nothing and I mean nothing beats swiping at enemies with your claws and then ripping into their throats with your fangs and draining them dry in battle. Normal vampires can't do this.

Riven326

It's tempting because of all the benefits. Avoid traveling during the day and there's no problems. The last character I played was a female Nord who chose to become a vampire. She looked really cool. This time I think I'll go with the Dawnguard for both practical and role playing purposes.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I usually make my mages Vampires but right now I am learning how amazing a Pyromancer is for the Dawnguard

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
even better question what your side would character choose after completing the thieves guild would they bypass the chance to avoid servitude to nocturnal by becoming immortal or would they be a sheep who serves the weaker deadra lords like so many of the unwashed masses, if you are going to serve a deadra you should serve molag or mora, or even sheo

mast3rlinkx

even better question what your side would character choose after completing the thieves guild would they bypass the chance to avoid servitude to nocturnal by becoming immortal or would they be a sheep who serves the weaker deadra lords like so many of the unwashed masses, if you are going to serve a deadra you should serve molag or mora, or even sheo

That goes back t what I said: What would your character choose? If they hate vampires, I highly doubt that character should do the Volkihar quests. For a vampire hater, Dawnguard is what you want. For someone who doesn't really care about vamps and hates the Vigilants of Stendarr, Volkihar is recommended.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
2013-08-14_00019.jpg

That goes back t what I said: What would your character choose? If they hate vampires, I highly doubt that character should do the Volkihar quests. For a vampire hater, Dawnguard is what you want. For someone who doesn't really care about vamps and hates the Vigilants of Stendarr, Volkihar is recommended.

Lord Aethok

I often play as a Vampire Lord, regardless of it's "High Maintenance Level", it keeps me on my toes, knowing that "Oh, I can't do that, I should go at night instead to avoid this." I just find that being a VL or even just a normal vampire incorporates that kind of RP feel into quite a lot of things.​

Nighthiker77

I'm thinking about playing a Khajit vampire Lord and trying to beat Alduin on master with just sneak, armor (haven't decided which), claws, and Vampire Lord form on master. Suicide mission? Does the ring of beasts or Erudite work in "human form" or only in vampire Lord form?

Also does anybody know about the claw attack speeds vs a perked dual flurry?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts