• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
As a servant of Harkon, how do I feed? I don't mean feeding in the lord monster form, but in normal form.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I posted this in shout box but you may not have seen it right away. I don't have Dawnguard but I managed to find this info on what you ask:

To feed on them in Human form you need to be at least Stage Two Vampire then use Vampires Seduction on them. Press A on them while the power is in effect and you will get the option to feed.

But I can't 100% guarantee it. Maybe it can be confirmed by you or someone else.

How do I know what stage I am at?

(sorry, noob to all vampirism. not just in skyrim.)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
If I remember right, you advance one stage every 24 hours you do not feed. But it could have been changed with Dawnguard. As far as telling what stage you are, well I don't rightly remember. It's been a while since I've played as one.

Okay. Thanks a lot. This is why I joined the Dawnguard on my first playthrough: vampirism's just too complicated to live with.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
You can also feed on sleeping victims unless they changed that. You can tell what stage you are at by your abilities and weakness to the sun. A rather good source of information on vampirism in general is available here at the UESP

Tman2177

How do I know what stage I am at?

(sorry, noob to all vampirism. not just in skyrim.)
In the Vanilla game, without dawnguard downloaded, the way to tell what stage you were would be to go to the magic tab in your inventory menu, then go to active affects then look at your frost resistance or weakness to fire. If your frost resistance was 25% you were stage one, 50% stage two all the way to 100%. Unfortunately, with dawnguard downloaded and playing, it isn't that easy. The only advice i can give would be to keep an eye out for the notifications that appear and say "Your Vampiric powers grow as you hunger" that usually means you have progressed to the next stage. And if you reach stage four, you will get a notification that says "As a blood-starved vampire, you are hated and feared". Hope this helps.

Tman2177

As far as feeding goes, with dawnguard, you can feed in two ways. The first way is to quietly approach a sleeping person and "activate" them this should give you the prompt to, if standing, either talk or feed, if crouching to pickpocket or feed. The other way is to approach a person who isn't fighting and use vampire's seduction on them and then "activate" them. This should give you the option to talk or to feed.

Thanks, everyone.

Derek Jeder

You can also get a potion in Volkahir that is like feeding for a vmapire, and it heals 100 health. As for seeing what stage you are, look in your magic tab and look at your active effects, and scroll all the way down to the red, that tells you the weakness to fire you currently have. I think it goes 10% on normal, 20% at stage 2, 40% at stage 3, and 50% at stage 4. So yes, you can still see the weakness.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts