• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
So I was doing a bit of lurking on the Elder Scrolls wiki and I found this, the Vampire Hood. When I first read it, I was all like "ZOMG AN ENCHANTABLE HOOD FOR VAMPS GIMME GIMME GIMME!" but as my desire to obtain it continued, the only thing the wiki said on how to get it was through a Dawnguard (the faction, not the questline) quest to kill a disguised vampire and loot it off them. However, it also said that it's part of the Vampire Clothing set (Vampire Robes, Gloves, Shoes, ect.) which makes me think that any vampire wearing that set could drop it. So guys, if you have obtained this hood, tell me how you did, because I want it badly.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I've never seen it myself either. On a few other sites I've been to/searched, people said they got them off of random vampire encounters. Someone also said that they could buy one from the accessory shop in Solitude, but usually the only accessory items available are the ones you have found and picked-up earlier in the game.

They also said that it didn't look like Serana's hood, but more like the "green hood" already in the game, only a darker color, which (if it's true) is kind of a pisser.

Unit7

I recently got the Vampire Hood(like a minute ago) and I thought of this thread... yeah it's basically just the green hood except it's grey and looks great with Vampire Robes.

I got it while I was doing the Jarl's Justice. Talk to Isran and ask about what you can do to help. Not sure if the quest he gives is one of many. But... worth a shot. The quest is simple enough. A vampire is pretending to be a Visiting Adviser and you gotta protect the Jarl or something. Not sure if I was just lucky with the hood though.

So no. It's not an enchanted item. However you can enchant it if you want. Unless it has a awesome unique enchantment having then the no enchantment part is probably best.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Well...problem is I sided with the Volkihar...but your saying it's pretty much the green cowl but grey? Yeah I would think so because the vampire robes look exactly like belted tunic or whatever. Kinda ridiculous that Bethesda wasn't a little more creative with the Vamp clothing set...

Unit7

Oh... well this is awkward. I mean helping Serana out is pretty much pushing my patience with you... things.

Kidding aside. I wouldn't know where you'd get the hood unless maybe a random vampire attack where one has the hood.

I actually hadn't noticed the similarities between vampire robe and belted tunic. But can anyone really be surprised? One look at Radiant Raiment's inventory pretty much sums up my thoughts. Bethesda sorta dropped the ball on creativity on items. Jewelry and clothes are all the same.

But on the other hand I understand why they went for recoloring and slight alterations. Saves on time and money. Which is always a benefit for a company. On the brightside I think it looks better then the green hood.

I really do like the Vampire Armor though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts