• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
I have always been wondering why I haven't found a set of full vampire armour and I was beginning to think that the head piece didn't exist seen as how I didn't find one throughout the entire DLC and still haven't found one to date then I stumbled across this UESP which lists all the Vampire Gear.

Skyrim:Specialty Gear - UESPWiki

I have found everything on the list except the gloves (Not Gauntlets), vampire hood and the Vampire Lord Armour. And I have checked with the vampire blacksmith. I would just really like a full set of vampire armour and wish to know where to get it. Also I think the vampire hood is the one Serana wears.

Any help is appreciated :)

Adam Warlock

idk about the VL armor , but if you`re on the Dawnguard side you can find the non-armored Vampire Gloves, Vampire Boots, and Vampire Hood on the bodies of certain Visiting Advisors or other disguised vampires encountered during the radiant quests

Never seen a Vampire hood on the Vampire side. They have multiple sets of Vampire armor alongside the usual boots and gloves in the Volkihar castle but no hood. Must be only obtainable from the Dawnguard side.

Derek Jeder

Never found Vampire Lord armor, and never any other color but red on the Royals, and definetly no gloves or hoods.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Vampire Lord Armor says it's just regular clothing. So, why is it called Armor, but is just clothe that can't be tempered? I think someone dun goofed on the wiki. I've seen the Vampire Robes and the Royal Armor, but no Lord Armor. Remember, it's a wiki, don't take it as face value. Someone could have made a mistake.

Adam Warlock

Wasn`t Harkon wearing VL armor when he 1st transformed in front of you ?
Wiki often lists items that appear in the game even though they can`t be obtained by the player.
Let`s hope that`s not the case here.

I`ve always wanted to get a Dragr Deathlord`s Helmet but alas , it is not to be.

Jersey Dagmar

Wasn`t Harkon wearing VL armor when he 1st transformed in front of you ?
Wiki often lists items that appear in the game even though they can`t be obtained by the player.
Let`s hope that`s not the case here

That actually seems logical, but wouldn't YOUR character be wearing it as well when they transform?

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
If you can only get the Vampire hood on the Dawnguard side then that is a major fluff up on Bethesdas part. Why would they not allow a vampire to get vampire clothing? Also I think the vampire lord armor that is marked as clothing is the equivalent of the vampire royal armor just the clothing version maybe? I dunno.

Adam Warlock

That actually seems logical, but wouldn't YOUR character be wearing it as well when they transform?
I think it SHOULD be that way , but I`ve given up trying to use logic to predict what this game will do.
So if life gives me Green Apples instead of Daedric Greatswords , I just make some hard cider and go with the flow.

I don`t like the clothing Vampire Robes much but my newest " bad in black" outfit uses the clothing Vampire Hood and Boots , Vampire Gauntlets , and Mourner`s Clothes for a lean and mean look.

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
I think it SHOULD be that way , but I`ve given up trying to use logic to predict what this game will do.
So if life gives me Green Apples instead of Daedric Greatswords , I just make some hard cider and go with the flow.

I don`t like the clothing Vampire Robes much but my newest " bad in black" outfit uses the clothing Vampire Hood and Boots , Vampire Gauntlets , and Mourner`s Clothes for a lean and mean look.

What are Mourner's clothes?

Adam Warlock

^ A basic black outfit that doesn`t have the long skirt like most robes.
Buy at Radiant Rainment .
The mourner`s hat is dumb looking tho so i was glad when an unenchanted black hood came along

Jersey Dagmar

^ A basic black outfit that doesn`t have the long skirt like most robes.
Buy at Radiant Rainment .
The mourner`s hat is dumb looking tho so i was glad when an unenchanted black hood came along

Yea, I've seen that in their shop. I might have to buy it and work it around with other stuff. See how it looks.

If you can only get the Vampire hood on the Dawnguard side then that is a major fu** up on Bethesdas part. Why would they not allow a vampire to get vampire clothing? Also I think the vampire lord armor that is marked as clothing is the equivalent of the vampire royal armor just the clothing version maybe? I dunno.

Yeah it really sucks that you can only get it on the Dawnguard side despite being a vampire. Although i think it;s even worse that there are a lack of unenchanted robes and especially hoods in the game in the first place.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts