Spoiler Valerica's Journal Glitch (Serena's Mother's Research Journal)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Turd_Ferguson

This is a fairly annoying bug that I cannot seem to fix at all. None of my friends encountered any glitches on both playthroughs of dawnguard and vampire quest lines. During a quest for the Vampiric Side main story line, (Chasing Echoes..? :confused:) you have to hunt down Serena's mother in search of the Blood Elder Scroll. Upon clearing the secret back entrance of Draugr, hellhounds, gargoyles, and skeletons I finally reached the research lab. Serena wants me to find her mothers research journal, which is conveniently located on the bookshelf not too far away. However, upon picking up the book, a little memo pops up saying I had completed the quest objective.

Serena doesn't recognize that I have the journal in my inventory and continues to tell me to keep searching. I have tried EVERYTHING that I know trying to fix this bug:

-Reloaded previous saves
-leaving the room and re-entering
-waiting long periods of time
-dying
-fast traveling to different areas and coming back
-picking up every last book in the room
-attacking Serena a few times to get different possible dialogue options
-pick-pocketing her and getting caught to get different possible dialogue options
-trying to drop the book
-trying to store the book
-trying to place book on my bookshelf at my house
-reading the book fully multiple times, forwards, backwards, sideways... etc...
-going into Vampire Lord form (still tells me to look for a book...)
-doing other quests and coming back later
-Going to the next area of progression that the journal states

My best option would probably wait for a patch, but it's super frustrating :mad: considering the DLC went through some pretty hardcore BETA testing from what I had heard. I also see that there have been some major issues with this quest in general, but none that deals with the journal part...

HALP! :sadface:

i have found the answer and you dont know how happy i am to have found it :) take and go to controls and swap right hand which if you havent changed it with something else it will be m1 and the activate button swap hem i had to swap them to there right settings bc i changed mine befor this but just change them and it should work mine did any way good luck

BattleBitch

Ok, here is what your problem may be. Did you pick yup the ingredients talking to her.? You have to give her the journal before picking up the ingredients. So if you did, drop the ingredients real fast. Give her the journal, then pick them back up. Hope this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts