United States of America and Gun Control and Ban of High Powered Guns Discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
I'm not much for politics, never have been, probably never will be. Not all that bright to make such decisions, so I usually just end up going with my gut and leaving the thought process for those better suited for the task- and by that, I mean scholars, not politicians.

My gut tells me that if a thief had to choose between two manor's to rob, and knew of the owner's hobbies, they would choose the manor whose owners are not armed, rather than the one's that are. My gut tells me that it would be a bad idea to have an armed government, ruling over an unarmed populace. My gut tells me that it would be wise to be just as well armed as the people who defend the nation that I live in- whose strings can easily be pulled by individuals with less than wholesome plans. My gut tells me that the second amendment does not exist to protect hunting rites, but to protect the citizens from a corrupt government, should it come to that. And finally, my gut tells me that if firearms were made illegal to purchase or own, then the people whose hands you do not want them to fall into- criminals and the like, would find a way to get them one way or another, they always do, and the only protection the people would have would be that of those who robbed them of their right to defend themselves. As for the people who may have a few screws loose, well... Some people could take out a lot more people with a blade than with a gun.

Let the people do as they wish and let the politicians put on whatever plays they wish, may the figurehead give as many speeches as he wishes, but as for me, I plan on holding on to the rights given too me- not by the government, but by myself. Everyone should be able to defend themselves. If firearms are made illegal, well, the only thing that will change is that my conceal and carry permit won't mean a damned thing anymore, but buddy, that's just a scrap of paper.

Adolf Stormcloak

My title's better than your title
F6D9FF781DA0832762E2E817D2748_h316_w628_m5_cdzqRtuDN.jpg

DRTBAG

Exactly! !!! Taking guns away from the honest people only insures that the criminal WILL always have the upper hand. They don't abide by laws so they will always have guns. I've always had guns & knives in my home or on my person, & now that I'm crippled & can't defend my self like I use to I never am unarmed. & as for the Englishman, to get crime with the same stats as the UK would take decades if not longer........or at all. Your gun laws have been like the far to long to compare to the US. I live in Texas & trying to get rifles & shotguns away from a Texan is gunna take more the a few laws:D

"Hope for everything, expect nothing."

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
Same for Mississippi, buddy XD

DRTBAG

Us southerners don't take kindly to strangers telling us if or how many guns we can own:cool: I've been to so many damn gun shows its not funny. They've been coming once a month for like......EVER!! Now the other thing to think about,if you successfully ban guns(yea right) then all your doing is putting more money in the hands of pirates, blackmarketeers, gun runners & so on. Its not gunna help honest folk like me at all, but ill still have my weapons to protect me & my loved ones no matter what. If someone wants something,anything.....they will get it. I will not have some punk come in my.home & try to take what's mine including my life without giving them a bite from my 357 first or a cold slice from my hunting knife.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I've got to say this, but this attitude of "I should have a gun otherwise someone else is gonna shoot me." is typically American. Maybe it's because we are more used to not have guns. but you got to start somehere.

In a way I get your opinion, it's like they take a bit of your freedom away.

If you are such the badass, fight with your hands. that also counts for burglars and other criminals!

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
I don't know about it being "American". This whole national pride thing and the arrogance usually associated with Americans... "Nationality" is not in my dictionary. I do not see the point in taking pride in something that happened purely by chance, like being born on a certain landmass or born a certain color. It doesn't matter to me, so this isn't some "American Pride" or "American Rights" plops. The "freedom" thing is just to make it a good argument, and it is something that people can rally behind (this is a good thing, for those who share my interest).

I don't care about the freedoms or liberties that someone thinks that they have the given power to grant me, I care about the freedom and liberty that I posses, as someone with a conscious mind, the freedoms that everyone else with a conscious mind possesses. All I care about is being able to defend myself and bight back, hard, at people who would try and take a bite out of me, my family, my loved one's, or my property.

I will make no claims of badassery, I'll let my actions speak for me if the time ever comes. But... Well, if the people who sought to bring harm to you would have the decency to place themselves on the same level as you, assuming you live in an unarmed society, then, well, there wouldn't be people who would seek such things... Let someone more articulate than me clean that up.

DRTBAG

As I said, & this goes for ecru cripple out there....I can not defend my self anymore without help. I can't fist fight anymore,have the time I can't even walk:mad: I grew up in a biker community & have always defended my self with my fists, but sometimes your adversary doesn't play fare, & as any TRUE biker will tell you "always be prepared ". I got in an accident & lost most of the use of my legs, have lost a lot of weight & life's been different,so I'm not Gunna sit there & watch as someone rapes my mom or robs me blind cuz I can't get down & squab:mad: Here where I live, most people carry some form of weapon & for a newly weakling that's not kool, & the criminals always carry & they are not gonna feel sorry for me cuz I'm in a wheel chair........

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
As I said, & this goes for ecru cripple out there....I can not defend my self anymore without help. I can't fist fight anymore,have the time I can't even walk:mad: I grew up in a biker community & have always defended my self with my fists, but sometimes your adversary doesn't play fare, & as any TRUE biker will tell you "always be prepared ". I got in an accident & lost most of the use of my legs, have lost a lot of weight & life's been different,so I'm not Gunna sit there & watch as someone rapes my mom or robs me blind cuz I can't get down & squab:mad: Here where I live, most people carry some form of weapon & for a newly weakling that's not kool, & the criminals always carry & they are not gonna feel sorry for me cuz I'm in a wheel chair........

Okay, I see your point. and in your case, you don't have a choice.

but don't you agree on this: It is crazy that you even need a gun to protect yourself? If people would just get their plops together, and act normal. you don't have to break into peoples houses or rob people..

ofcourse it happens, and that's what so sick about that people!

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
^^ I agree.

^ Nyoxios, you are correct, firearms would not be necessary in a perfect society. But until then, an armed society is a polite society.

Also, is it possible that it is viewed as an "Americsn Thing" because they have more exposure to guns?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

DRTBAG

I never said I was a badass,but I've always prided my self as saying & teaching my son "don't start plops......finish it." There are no rules anymore. When I was a kid I made a date & time with & old enemy of mine to meet in an abandoned home to squab. He was ten times bigger then me, but I wasn't gunna be bullied by him anymore. We went & we fought bare knuckles........I got my ass handed to me to say the least,but I gave as good as I got.he never messed with me again & I earned respect too. An Japanese man was watching & took pics of it & came to my house later that week & gave me copies & said " your a brave man to stand up to such a big man". Now I had pride;) Life ain't like that anymore. People don't make a time & place to fight or choose what if any weapons to use. They shoot or stab not thinking of your life or what killing you is GUNNA do to your family. No respect,no honor. Just the other day a 6mth old was shot to death by a drive by & her.little lifeless body was a.pile of mush do to all the nullity wounds from the.punk ass that didn't think twice about firing an automatic from a moving vehicle. I can bet he wasn't thinking about gun laws & I really don't think he was thinking about gun laws in the UK. I trained to shoot. & hit what I'm aiming at, but criminals don't care. When my son was an infant someone proceeded to shoot up his room while I was sleeping with my wife in the other room. I proceeded to get her on the ground, grab my ak47,checked my son then ran out Buck naked(aiming no less) and stooped that car dead with full metal jackets as well as the driver. Now tell me I can't have a gun in a wheelchair:mad:

DRTBAG

We don't live in that world & according to my Christian brother you have to die to get there & even that ain't promised ........

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I never said I was a badass,but I've always prided my self as saying & teaching my son "don't start pl***......finish it." There are no rules anymore. When I was a kid I made a date & time with & old enemy of mine to meet in an abandoned home to squab. He was ten times bigger then me, but I wasn't gunna be bullied by him anymore. We went & we fought bare knuckles........I got my ass handed to me to say the least,but I gave as good as I got.he never messed with me again & I earned respect too. An Japanese man was watching & took pics of it & came to my house later that week & gave me copies & said " your a brave man to stand up to such a big man". Now I had pride;) Life ain't like that anymore. People don't make a time & place to fight or choose what if any weapons to use. They shoot or stab not thinking of your life or what killing you is GUNNA do to your family. No respect,no honor. Just the other day a 6mth old was shot to death by a drive by & her.little lifeless body was a.pile of mush do to all the nullity wounds from the.punk ass that didn't think twice about firing an automatic from a moving vehicle. I can bet he wasn't thinking about gun laws & I really don't think he was thinking about gun laws in the UK. I trained to shoot. & hit what I'm aiming at, but criminals don't care. When my son was an infant someone proceeded to shoot up his room while I was sleeping with my wife in the other room. I proceeded to get her on the ground, grab my ak47,checked my son then ran out Buck naked(aiming no less) and stooped that car dead with full metal jackets as well as the driver. Now tell me I can't have a gun in a wheelchair:mad:

I can only say that the whole situating is sick! It is madness that people shoot at your house when your sleeping. This is what I meant, people are sick..

It sickens me people are like that. and if I'd be in a situation like yours, I'd want to have guns too.

but my point still is: Its wrong that things have to go this way! It's wrong that you need to arm yourself! you may call it perfect world. but to me that's nothing less than normal...

DRTBAG

When I came to this country I was 3 & lived in a dead end street. All us kids knew eachother & my door was always(literally) open. My mom would bake cookies & Brownies & have koolaid & Popsicles. My friends would run in & out for a "sweet stop" & back out to play. I lived outa the city & had a lot of woods around to play in as well.life was nice. Times have changed for the worse, so if you don't realize that then please take off the rose colored glasses my man....please. That house now is locked up tight with iron bars on every window & a chain & bars on the doors. The Cosby's don't live here anymore people like Jeffrey dalmer do. & worse. The junkies are the worst, they don't care who they hurt to get their next fix & don't get me started on bangers....:mad:

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm not saying the government should outlaw guns, I'm neither saying I approve it. These are just some interesting facts.
View attachment 4373

I like how the shell casings stay on the bullets after they are fired in this poster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not the guns. The U.S. is a violent society. You can't blame vehicular homicide on vehicles, then try to take everyone's car away. Switzerland has one of the highest militia rates of gun ownership in the world, and some of the lowest violent crime rates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Citizens in the U.S. have a history of rebellion, war and violence in general. Our media and entertainment industry desensitize us with violent imagery, then blame guns instead of taking any of the blame themselves.

On the other hand, the supporters of the second amendment have taken that law to the point of absolute absurdity. There hasn't been a single case where the only reason a person was able to defend his/her home was because of the extra bullets they had in an extended clip, while there are several cases of them being used in mass shootings. The only use for extended clips is to massacre as many people as possible without having to reload. Put them on a concealable pistol, and you have the perfect mass-murder weapon. Still, many gun nuts defend them. They are under the idiotic impression that they can hold off a gang of people by themselves, as if the attackers are going to come in their door one-at-a-time like zombies.

I love how right-wingers say the first amendment doesn't apply to obscenity or "pernography", and trampled our 4th amendment rights with the Patriot Act, but the second amendment is "all-encompassing and set in stone".....right. :rolleyes:

I've been attacked by both sides, because I use common sense in this debate. No, I don't think people's assault rifles should be taken away, but I also don't think people should be allowed to store weaponized ricin in their homes, or own tanks, fighter jets and nuclear weapons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts