United States of America and Gun Control and Ban of High Powered Guns Discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Political debate! Be civil as always :)

Should the government be more harsh about letting people own guns? Should mental health be examined more carefully? Should gun owners be required by law to have a mental health examination every couple of years?

Here's the latest debate. Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control - CNN 1/7/2013

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I'm still putting a pistol in my garter. Cause it's my right as an American.

That's all I have to say about that.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
I live in the UK. To be more specific England. I like to stay up to date in American politics especially gun laws. Over here in the UK we are not allowed guns, in the previous year we had 8 civilian deaths due to handguns. In America the deaths exceeded 10,000. Says a lot doesn't it. I believe that Obama is right in saying that things like the Newtown School shooting have to not happen again and that action needs to be taken. I know about the second ammendment but if the amnenments are fixed then blacks should still have no rights and be slaves. It's gotten to the point where it sickens me now.
Please Americans, try and justify this.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I tried watching the video, but then Alex Jones started screaming his head off and I couldn't take it seriously. Not that I ever could.

I think people should be kept the right to own guns. Banning it won't stop violence, people are still going to be stupid no matter what you do.

Rafter75

More and stricter gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of crazies and murderers eh? Funny thing about crazies and murderers.... They don't obey laws.

Docta Corvina

Alex Jones, what a joke...

I admire Morgan's ability to resist the urge to punch that guy in the face. I'd have been hard pressed to resist it, myself.

Grogmar Ghrobash

I admire Morgan's ability to resist the urge to punch that guy in the face. I'd have been hard pressed to resist it, myself.

Lol, I know. I think he's too use to hearing his own voice to allow others to talk. I was actually surprised that he was allowed to go on a public news station. My dad listens to him all the time and I can't help myself from laughing at his ridiculous rants sometimes.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

Alex Jones and I have some related concerns regarding to the dangers of mental health treatments that's killing our people in the sates... I do however think that he was WAY out of line during the debate. He refused to answer questions and almost to the point of showing aggression, to which I thought he was going to hit Mr. Morgan. It's people like him that shouldn't have guns in the first place.

Docta Corvina

Lol, I know. I think he's too use hearing his own voice to allow others to talk. I was actually surprised that he was allowed to go on a public news station. My dad listens to him all the time and I can't help myself from laughing at his ridiculous rants sometimes.

In this instance (as I don't listen to/watch him) he's just too hysterical and self-absorbed for his own good. He does nothing for his "side" by acting that way. The best proponents are cool and pragmatic heads which in a perfect world would prevail and allow a truly civil debate devoid of hyperbole and sensationalism in every aspect of our governance.

So sick of swaggering, blustering bigmouths. All of them.

Grogmar Ghrobash

In this instance (as I don't listen to/watch him) he's just too hysterical and self-absorbed for his own good. He does nothing for his "side" by acting that way. The best proponents are cool and pragmatic heads which in a perfect world would prevail and allow a truly civil debate devoid of hyperbole and sensationalism in every aspect of our governance.

So sick of swaggering, blustering bigmouths. All of them.

I agree, if he truly wanted to get any point across he should do it in a more level headed and civil manner if he actually expects anyone to take him seriously.

I think a "debate" with Bill O'Reilly vs Alex Jones would be very entertaining.

Omega Dragon

Even though one may think me as an Alex Jones fan due to my views that can be found common with him, I'm no fan of Alex Jones; if I didn't know any better, well I'll just say it's a good thing I knew nothing of Alex Jones in my conversion to being a libertarian.

theLegendofWalt

Premium Member
i think if they want to regulate them better, fine. take them out of wal-mart? fine. personally, i have my conceal carry permit and am working on getting my exempt status. i carry a gun everywhere i go, because i can't fist-fight a shotgun. i say if people want standard capacity and extended capacity magazines, fine, but make them take classes, get background checks, what have you. don't alter/ amend the constitution because a few insane assholes are trying to go down in the books as a monster. but make them available for the people who have been checked and cleared to defend themselves and their families against people who will get them regardless of their lawfulness. look at ''illegal'' drugs. i could get a number of them tonight, if i wanted to. stupid and foolish to think they will disappear because they are illegal.

theLegendofWalt

Premium Member
Are you a supporter of Gun Control? Are you doing it because of the horrible tragedies in Connecticut and Colorado? Is your goal to save lives or take away guns? Remember little Baylee M Dion? Of course you don't. This 7 month old girl was killed violently by a law-breaker. Danielle Kellogg.
Danielle was driving drunk, Crossed the center line, and struck a 1997 Grand Am, Ripping it in half, and k
illing little Baylee.
I did not see ONE post suggesting that Alcohol abuse HAS to stop. No one suggesting background checks on beer purchases, or limiting the amount of alcohol that can be purchased at one time.

Truth is, Alcohol accounts for 75,000 deaths a year. That's 2 1/2 times the number of gun related deaths each year, according to the CDC. Alcohol abuse costs the US over 226 BILLION dollars in 2006.

But, No one's calling for an alcohol ban. That asshole Pierce Morgan isn't crying on CNN. Diane Feinstein isn't waving a bottle of Bacardi around at a new conference podium. Joe Biden isn't proudly proclaiming that the President is going to re-institute prohibition via executive order. In all, It seems no one really gives a plops. Except Baylee's mother.

To even suggest banning alcohol will cause many to label me "Extreme" but when you get down to it. You don't really NEED alcohol.

The counter will undoubtedly be "Well, I drink responsibly." to that I say I am a responsible gun owner. Leave MY lifestyle alone, and I'll do the same to yours.

theLegendofWalt

Premium Member
Are you a supporter of Gun Control? Are you doing it because of the horrible tragedies in Connecticut and Colorado? Is your goal to save lives or take away guns? Remember little Baylee M Dion? Of course you don't. This 7 month old girl was killed violently by a law-breaker. Danielle Kellogg.
Danielle was driving drunk, Crossed the center line, and struck a 1997 Grand Am, Ripping it in half, and k
illing little Baylee.
I did not see ONE post suggesting that Alcohol abuse HAS to stop. No one suggesting background checks on beer purchases, or limiting the amount of alcohol that can be purchased at one time.
Truth is, Alcohol accounts for 75,000 deaths a year. That's 2 1/2 times the number of gun related deaths each year, according to the CDC. Alcohol abuse costs the US over 226 BILLION dollars in 2006.
But, No one's calling for an alcohol ban. That asshole Pierce Morgan isn't crying on CNN. Diane Feinstein isn't waving a bottle of Bacardi around at a new conference podium. Joe Biden isn't proudly proclaiming that the President is going to re-institute prohibition via executive order. In all, It seems no one really gives a pl***. Except Baylee's mother.
To even suggest banning alcohol will cause many to label me "Extreme" but when you get down to it. You don't really NEED alcohol.
The counter will undoubtedly be "Well, I drink responsibly." to that I say I am a responsible gun owner. Leave MY lifestyle alone, and I'll do the same to yours.
from a friends facebook status.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
That's not a debate. That's Piers Morgan letting an idiot expose himself as a mouth breathing moron and stark raving lunatic to the public for 15 minutes. Of course Ross is too stupid to realize that he was being manipulated like a fool. It's too bad he forgot to bring his tin foil hat to block the evil mind control rays from the secret world Illuminati that's trying to disarm the general public so the Lizard aliens can openly rule the world instead of doing so from behind the scenes.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I love how this guy starts going off so much that his brain can't catch up with what his mouth is saying. Tries to get personal with it, lol. Pier knew exactly that this was going to happen, he's a prick like that.

And people actually take this guy seriously, god bless 'murrica.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
8 Deaths to 10,728. Sorry? You see over here it seems to work just fine -__-View attachment 3478
WHYYYYYY do people keep using this graphic it drives me CRAZY. I'm not gonna believe any political propaganda as current when it lists a country that hasn't existed since 1990!!!

I will say this though, American society glorifies violence, particularly gun violence. Gun control isn't what we need, society needs to remove its head from its rectum and stop making thus crap look cool.

Ok NOW that's all I have to say about this.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Omega Dragon

8 Deaths to 10,728. Sorry? You see over here it seems to work just fine -__-View attachment 3478

Do you even realize how silly your argument is?

Here, allow me to help you think a bit: there are more than 80 million gun owners in the U.S.; Switzerland & Israel both have mandatory gun ownership & Israel at least has mandatory military service. I'll throw in a lot more later.

Just before I go for a few hours, here's more info:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts