Undeserved rating...please remove me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Hello...when I first got on these forums, I received 5 "bad" or "red" ratings.

Now today I received another one because someone misread a post of mine, saying I didn't read theirs. I pointed out to them that I had, and they should read mine better (this has to do with the Marriage list), they put me as a "ranter" and gave me a bad rating.

Tired of these, as I know they were and are undeserved. I also believe I have attempted to help others with Skyrim, as many other's have helped me in the beginning.

I'll just slog along the best I can from here on out. Y'all take care.

Jesse

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
As was mentioned to you when you attempted an announcement and request in the shout box moments ago, you need to send a Private Message to Rayven requesting your removal from the site.

Additionally, if you feel the negative ratings are undeserved, you can request that ratings be reversed by sending a private message to Rayven. If she feels they are genuinely undeserved, they will be removed.

That said, a forum is a living thing. People are its lifeblood. If you are helping others and being helped, why should you let the feelings of a few deter you from participating in the entire site? You shouldn't let a few bad ratings put you off of everyone and everything in the site. As I said, you can talk to Rayven about the ratings, in a private message, to have them reversed so the red bar is less or even gone. Unfair ratings are definitely unfair, but I don't think they're any reason to give up on an entire forum and all the OTHER people in it.

If you want to leave, that's all your decision, but don't let that decision be made for you because you think people don't appreciate you or what you have to offer. I'm sure you have people you've started to consider friends here. Why walk away from all that because a handful of others feel like being difficult?

Talk it out. PM Rayven to sort out what you need to sort.

I hope you choose to stay with us.

JClarke1953

I'm just tired of it...I put up with it at first, putting them "away" as juvenile, childish. I even remember the why's on them. They had to do with what Bethesda had done, and were doing to the game.

This last one was it for me. I feel I've busted my tail, gone out of my way to help, even on days I wasn't playing, as I know there are more new people just getting Skyrim. But the "yo-yo" posting the Marriage list and stuff did it. Talking down, naming me as a ranter...when it was untrue, and therefore undeserved.

I felt strong enough about that I even removed my posts...why bother helping or putting in information when I'm going to get written to/spoken to like that.

Drumhilda

Hello...when I first got on these forums, I received 5 "bad" or "red" ratings.

Now today I received another one because someone misread a post of mine, saying I didn't read theirs. I pointed out to them that I had, and they should read mine better (this has to do with the Marriage list), they put me as a "ranter" and gave me a bad rating.

Tired of these, as I know they were and are undeserved. I also believe I have attempted to help others with Skyrim, as many other's have helped me in the beginning.

I'll just slog along the best I can from here on out. Y'all take care.

Jesse

Yesterday was my first day on here, and two boys started rant rating me and rating me off topic. I only gave my respectful opinion and it was a horrid ordeal! They even began name calling. Someone told me they have kids who get on here just to do that kind of thing, and they are not removed.... I came to share, learn and have fun and a lot of immaturity and viciousness ruined my first day. So, I can relate. However, I will not allow them to chase me off here. I will give it a little time...you should too! I would look into the reversing of the ratings if you are very upset. I believe replies being in text can provide any proof you need. I hope it gets better for you and the rest of us newbies. If not, I will be leaving as well. No one needs this kind of aggravation when it should be fun! ;)

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Drumhilda.

Recently we've had some problems with spammers. First it was inappropriate images, and now it's mass negative ratings. If you report the thread with the negative rating, Rayven can reverse it for you. Without the posts specifically flagged, it takes a million years longer to sort out what needs changing and where. It will still take some time, but much, much less. I definitely encourage you to do this, because no one deserves random negative ratings like that.

I'm also very sorry this was your experience on day one. I'm glad you're willing to look past it to continue participating in the community. I promise the majority of the people on here are really supportive, interesting, and creative people. I hope every day is better than the first. EXPONENTIALLY. ^__^

Drumhilda

Hi, Drumhilda.

Recently we've had some problems with spammers. First it was inappropriate images, and now it's mass negative ratings. If you report the thread with the negative rating, Rayven can reverse it for you. Without the posts specifically flagged, it takes a million years longer to sort out what needs changing and where. It will still take some time, but much, much less. I definitely encourage you to do this, because no one deserves random negative ratings like that.

I'm also very sorry this was your experience on day one. I'm glad you're willing to look past it to continue participating in the community. I promise the majority of the people on here are really supportive, interesting, and creative people. I hope every day is better than the first. EXPONENTIALLY. ^__^

WHO IS RAYVEN? I WAS VERY WRONG ABOUT THIS SITE, IT IS RIDICULOUS! I HAVE MORE NEGATIVE RATINGS FOR THE SAME CRAP FROM THE FIRST DAY. I AM NOT LETTING ANYONE CHASE ME OFF, I AM CHOOSING TO LEAVE ON MY OWN ACCORD TO PLAY WITH GROWN UPS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ACT OUT FOR ATTENTION ON A FORUM SITE. LET ME TELL YOU SO FAR THE MAJORITY ARE UNEDUCATED AND CHILDISH! I AM STILL GETTING THE IDIOTS ON MY POSTS. I CAN SEE THE CHILDREN RUN THIS SITE. I APPRECIATE THAT YOU TRIED, AND YOU SEEM VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAJORITY ON HERE. I AM TOO MATURE, INTELLIGENT AND FUN TO DEAL WITH ALL THIS CRAP. I DON'T NEED TO PLAY MOMMY TO A BUNCH OF CYBER DELINQUENTS. I GET PAID TO PROVIDE THERAPY AND EDUCATION. UNLESS IM GETTING $85/HR.....THEN I'M NOT PROVIDING FREE HELP ON HERE. NOT ONE GOOD THING CAME OUT OF THIS EXPERIENCE ON THIS SITE. I PLAN ON SHARING THAT WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE. I ALSO AM SCREEN PRINTING AND SAVING THE CRAP I GOT ON HERE, SO I CAN SHARE FACTUAL INFORMATION. THIS IS SHAMEFUL! GOOD LUCK TO THE LITTLE GROUP OF PEOPLE WORTH KNOWING ON HERE, YOU WILL NEED IT.

Drumhilda

I'm just tired of it...I put up with it at first, putting them "away" as juvenile, childish. I even remember the why's on them. They had to do with what Bethesda had done, and were doing to the game.

This last one was it for me. I feel I've busted my tail, gone out of my way to help, even on days I wasn't playing, as I know there are more new people just getting Skyrim. But the "yo-yo" posting the Marriage list and stuff did it. Talking down, naming me as a ranter...when it was untrue, and therefore undeserved.

I felt strong enough about that I even removed my posts...why bother helping or putting in information when I'm going to get written to/spoken to like that.

WHO IS RAYVEN? I WAS VERY WRONG ABOUT THIS SITE, IT IS RIDICULOUS! I HAVE MORE NEGATIVE RATINGS FOR THE SAME CRAP FROM THE FIRST DAY. I AM NOT LETTING ANYONE CHASE ME OFF, I AM CHOOSING TO LEAVE ON MY OWN ACCORD TO PLAY WITH GROWN UPS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ACT OUT FOR ATTENTION ON A FORUM SITE. LET ME TELL YOU SO FAR THE MAJORITY ARE UNEDUCATED AND CHILDISH! I AM STILL GETTING THE IDIOTS ON MY POSTS. I CAN SEE THE CHILDREN RUN THIS SITE. I APPRECIATE THAT YOU TRIED, AND YOU SEEM VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAJORITY ON HERE. I AM TOO MATURE, INTELLIGENT AND FUN TO DEAL WITH ALL THIS CRAP. I DON'T NEED TO PLAY MOMMY TO A BUNCH OF CYBER DELINQUENTS. I GET PAID TO PROVIDE THERAPY AND EDUCATION. UNLESS IM GETTING $85/HR.....THEN I'M NOT PROVIDING FREE HELP ON HERE. NOT ONE GOOD THING CAME OUT OF THIS EXPERIENCE ON THIS SITE. I PLAN ON SHARING THAT WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE. I ALSO AM SCREEN PRINTING AND SAVING THE CRAP I GOT ON HERE, SO I CAN SHARE FACTUAL INFORMATION. THIS IS SHAMEFUL! GOOD LUCK TO THE LITTLE GROUP OF PEOPLE WORTH KNOWING ON HERE, YOU WILL NEED IT.

Lifts-Her-Tail

I agree with Drumhilda. There are too many trolls and it's too easy for them to start trolling and there's not enough moderators who are on regularly to deal with them.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Drumhilda was the one who was complaining about the insulting and name-calling. Well plops, I'd say you pulled off being a child better than anybody here.

Drumhilda

Drumhilda was the one who was complaining about the insulting and name-calling. Well pl***, I'd say you pulled off being a child better than anybody here.

That is a really SELECTIVE memory you have. I didn't ONLY complain about the name calling, my complaint was the ridiculous amounts of rant ratings that a couple of boys went through every post rant rating and accusing me of being off topic which they were not even apart of the discussion except to make false accusations, etc. I believe if you have any RECALL memory that is accurate or mature. YOU said that I may not like you or what you had to say to me. I SAID I CAN DEBATE AND NOT DISLIKE SOMEONE, WHO IS THE CHILD HERE? YOU.
When I was told the "fuzzy kitten" word should be acceptable because not all people use it as a bad word because they were from other countries, I reminded you my country does not use it except in vulgar terms. What deems your country or opinion better than mine? I gave an opinion and some kids for attention were being ignorant. As of this morning their friends were still doing it. So, RAYVN had to "prune and reverse" their stupidity. Again, you only have a small part in what took place or the FACTUAL parts of the events that took place. So, before you cry about me being a child, you should RECALL better. Children point fingers without accuracy. ADULTS provide the proof, which is what I did all that night when I was given nothing but crap from a bunch a cyber delinquents. If you had an ounce of MATURITY you would RESPECT AN ADULTS OPINION AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. NOT GET PISSY WHEN THIS WAS NOT ABOUT YOU OR THAT SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION. I TREATED YOU MORE THAN FAIR, BUT I NOW SEE HOW MATURE YOU ARE TOO! THANKS

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Drumhilda was the one who was complaining about the insulting and name-calling. Well pl***, I'd say you pulled off being a child better than anybody here.

That is a really SELECTIVE memory you have. I didn't ONLY complain about the name calling, my complaint was the ridiculous amounts of rant ratings that a couple of boys went through every post rant rating and accusing me of being off topic which they were not even apart of the discussion except to make false accusations, etc. I believe if you have any RECALL memory that is accurate or mature. YOU said that I may not like you or what you had to say to me. I SAID I CAN DEBATE AND NOT DISLIKE SOMEONE, WHO IS THE CHILD HERE? YOU.
When I was told the "fuzzy kitten" word should be acceptable because not all people use it as a bad word because they were from other countries, I reminded you my country does not use it except in vulgar terms. What deems your country or opinion better than mine? I gave an opinion and some kids for attention were being ignorant. As of this morning their friends were still doing it. So, RAYVN had to "prune and reverse" their stupidity. Again, you only have a small part in what took place or the FACTUAL parts of the events that took place. So, before you cry about me being a child, you should RECALL better. Children point fingers without accuracy. ADULTS provide the proof, which is what I did all that night when I was given nothing but crap from a bunch a cyber delinquents. If you had an ounce of MATURITY you would RESPECT AN ADULTS OPINION AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. NOT GET PISSY WHEN THIS WAS NOT ABOUT YOU OR THAT SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION. I TREATED YOU MORE THAN FAIR, BUT I NOW SEE HOW MATURE YOU ARE TOO! THANKS

You gave your opinion, someone challenged it, and you got all bent out of shape. Someone decided to give you negative ratings for no reason, yeah what an asshole, and then you grouped every in the same way calling them all immature. I'm not calling you a child for the other thread about the word fuzzy kitten, I'm calling you a child for your blatantly immature post earlier in this thread. For someone who "teaches" english, I would expect a little more maturity such as less caps, less word blobs and more paragraphs. You practically threw a temper tantrum over a couple people, its like you're trying to start drama.

I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong, but if you can't handle someone challenging your opinion then I don't know what you're doing on the internet. I don't know what you're going on about with this "factual parts of the event" stuff like it was some big thing. Adults let things go.

Drumhilda

You gave your opinion, someone challenged it, and you got all bent out of shape. Someone decided to give you negative ratings for no reason, yeah what an asshole, and then you grouped every in the same way calling them all immature. I'm not calling you a child for the other thread about the word fuzzy kitten, I'm calling you are a child for your blatantly immature post earlier in this thread. For someone who "teaches" english, I would expect a little more maturity such as less caps and less word blobs and more paragraphs. You practically threw a temper tantrum over a couple people, its like you're trying to start drama.

I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong, but if you can't handle someone challenging your opinion then I don't know what you're doing on the internet. I don't know what you're going on about with this "factual parts of the event" stuff like it was some big thing. Adults let things go.
NO, adults do not allow children to continue lying and causing trouble and "just let it go." I don't teach or parent using that philosophy of "Oh, gee I don't want to see a tantrum so I will just let it go." You don't know what I'm doing on the internet....so now you and the children have more rights than I do to be online? Adults cannot enjoy a hobby? I give the amount of respect back that I receive. I would not expect someone on a debate team/politician/person to show up to a political/or general debate without providing facts to back up their opinions. Facts give CREDIBILITY, which mature people not only respect but intelligent people should require instead of being fed information or continue being accused of something with no value.
If you respected my opinion you would just leave it at that, but you are still complaining! Is that the best you can come up with? Complaining about my grammar and syntax? Really? You who told me you could write a 700 word essay and pass a class using the word "fuzzy kitten!" Please, you are right I am an educator/therapist and that seems to bother you. Well, with that comes with a lot of intelligence, education, experience and maturity...so sorry it bothers you that you have to keep focusing on my career choice. Feeling inferior so you must keep challenging me? I didn't throw a temper tantrum, I was offended that when having a debate some immature children decided to go button pushing because they accused me of being childish and spiteful. Since, I am an educator I copied and pasted my words to show he was lying while providing some facts. Children don't like having their lies or errors pointed out. Hence, the serial rant rating. Then, this morning a kid went through every single post and rant rated me. He gave no replies, he just rated. Which an administrator called him a "troll!" So, apparently that kind of behavior is unfair and uncalled for, hence the pruning and reversing that takes place when it happens. She read the post, she deemed it unfair and reversed it! THIS DID NOT INCLUDE YOU! I had already settled my issues with you last night by agreeing to disagree and not "disliking" you since you seemed so concerned about that. I think a new comer to this site deserved a little more patience and respect than what I got. I see some people were in agreement with me as well. I was told by several people this "trolling" behavior goes on and mature people don't like it or appreciate it because it is rude, unfair and requires more attention reversing it. THIS IS NOT ABOUT A BEING CHALLENGED. DO I NEED TO SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU....if I was upset about being "challenged" I would not tell YOU THAT I CAN DEBATE WITH YOU AND NOT DISLIKE YOU AND MAYBE WE COULD DISLIKE EACH OTHER AGAIN SOMETIME (joking with you, that was humor and not a temper tantrum)! AGAIN, were is the temper tantrum. You are complaining about what now? The fact a mature and educated adult got on here and didn't like children having a free for all at my expense. Get over it, I don't agree with you and never will. That doesn't make anyone right or wrong. I am entitled to an opinion and I defended it with facts. That comes from my experience and educational background as to how I handle situations. Why don't you just move on and if the grown ups who want to make formal complaints about the "childish" behaviors do so and you can take your own advice and JUST LET IT GO....

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?

children run the site...hmm last time i checked rayven isn't a child, shes an adult who works full time. AS88, i dont know alot about them but they seem to mature, right there is 2 mods, and the admin (forgot their name) and they have helped several people, and always acted mature, so seeing how I stated why i disagree with this comment, please dont go and neg rate me. oh and on most forums, having all caps is like shouting and not looked upon.

Drumhilda

WHO IS RAYVEN? I WAS VERY WRONG ABOUT THIS SITE, IT IS RIDICULOUS! I HAVE MORE NEGATIVE RATINGS FOR THE SAME CRAP FROM THE FIRST DAY. I AM NOT LETTING ANYONE CHASE ME OFF, I AM CHOOSING TO LEAVE ON MY OWN ACCORD TO PLAY WITH GROWN UPS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ACT OUT FOR ATTENTION ON A FORUM SITE. LET ME TELL YOU SO FAR THE MAJORITY ARE UNEDUCATED AND CHILDISH! I AM STILL GETTING THE IDIOTS ON MY POSTS. I CAN SEE THE CHILDREN RUN THIS S
ITE. I APPRECIATE THAT YOU TRIED, AND YOU SEEM VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAJORITY ON HERE. I AM TOO MATURE, INTELLIGENT AND FUN TO DEAL WITH ALL THIS CRAP. I DON'T NEED TO PLAY MOMMY TO A BUNCH OF CYBER DELINQUENTS. I GET PAID TO PROVIDE THERAPY AND EDUCATION. UNLESS IM GETTING $85/HR.....THEN I'M NOT PROVIDING FREE HELP ON HERE. NOT ONE GOOD THING CAME OUT OF THIS EXPERIENCE ON THIS SITE. I PLAN ON SHARING THAT WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE. I ALSO AM SCREEN PRINTING AND SAVING THE CRAP I GOT ON HERE, SO I CAN SHARE FACTUAL INFORMATION. THIS IS SHAMEFUL! GOOD LUCK TO THE LITTLE GROUP OF PEOPLE WORTH KNOWING ON HERE, YOU WILL NEED IT.
children run the site...hmm last time i checked rayven isn't a child, shes an adult who works full time. AS88, i dont know alot about them but they seem to mature, right there is 2 mods, and the admin (forgot their name) and they have helped several people, and always acted mature, so seeing how I stated why i disagree with this comment, please dont go and neg rate me. oh and on most forums, having all caps is like shouting and not looked upon.
D

See here you go again. I asked who is Ravyn because she was the name given to erase the unfairly given ratings by this site's so called trolls. So, this so called condescending post is not even accurate from you. The children running this site comment was about the "trolls" who make more work for the hard working admin. and for newcomers who are not aware of what trolling is or how to deal with it. Don't worry I have already contacted another admin for research into this great introduction I received. More on that later....If you or the other children were so concerned about how hard Rayvn or anyone else worked then you wouldn't keep on with this. The trolls would not abuse a rating system and make more work or aggravation for others. I don't need children and immature people trying trying to look good when they are a huge part of this and are back peddling. That being you. For your information, I am well versed in what all caps mean hence, why they were used with that particular post. If you need attention please seek it elsewhere and I bring to your attention that has been mentioned already. You have literally no chance in twisting this ordeal for your good. Don't try and use the mods topic now, I already said to each their own and I don't have to use any particular mod. This ordeal began with my opinion over a vulgar word, not the mod. Please read thoroughly and reply accurately if you are going to continue to waste my time over this already beat to death topic. Your replies at this time are not needed or wanted. Let it go just like the rest of us have. You know the adults. Hint MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!! (Please don't be a hypocrite about the ratings you already rated this one again I see...you are still playing games.) Some children never know when to quit..HINT

GrumpyBadger

Article Writer
...wow...

I've been here since Tuesday, and I've already learned who Rayven and the other moderators are. It's not that hard, you can look them up.

do people really care that much about how others feel about them, when they have never met, and realistically go under a false name "avatar"? Seriously? I mean look at my sign in, "GrumpyBadger," do you think I'm never going to piss anyone off?

Drumhilda, you've only been a member since Saturday correct? Seriously, how many people on this forum do you feel you "know?" Because I'm pretty new as well, newer than you by only a couple days. And really there's only one person on here I can say "I've talked to before" because of Deviantart. That doesn't mean I actually know the guy though.

Things can be read in so many different tones. Heck, in real life, I have a hard time knowing sarcasm from not. It was easy for me in the military because if it was truly a compliment my leader would add "HOOORAAH!!" at the end as loud as any Dragonborn.

Hell, I don't even know how to give reputation points! I just know how to hit the damn "like" button at the bottom, and it took one nice stranger to help me navigate how to give private messsages, and comment on profile pages! And I've been on forums for 10 years!! :D

If I did know how, here's a great example -

I'd give a negative to Drumhilda for the all caps myself. I have a hard time believing that was on accident. And if Drumhilda then approached me maturely, and said "hey, sorry about the caps, I edited my post and removed them." I'd take the negative feedback away if I could.

Yikes... be like a duck, and let the water roll off your back. For example, do you think I could care if I get any negative ratings? "So the fluff be it, and zippaty-do-dah day to you too!" would be my response. :D I almost got kicked out of one of my medieval reenactment groups, which I'm still debating leaving anyways, because someone grievously broke the LAW! Like mundane, real world felony and misdemeanors. And instead of that person getting into trouble, or anyone having the balls to call the cops, the whole group condoned that persons irate actions and tried to console her...
what did I do? I called the freaking cops!! And that's why I was put up on these "charges" and was almost kicked out. Think I care? Nah. They're trolls! And as much as I agree with Lifts and her comment about how these "ratings" systems can give trolls a lot of "power" so be it. They're trolls, it happens. And they probably live more than 500 miles away from you, and you'll never meet them in daily life. If they actually do start to harass, or let alone threaten - don't even go to a moderator, go to a Cop. It's a misdemeanor called "righteous threat" or, shocker, I know, "harassment."

Like I tell people all the time -
"Bullets ain't flying by, and you or your buddy ain't dying. It's a f*****g game. If it ain't fun, QUIT."

I also learned something else entirely entertaining - there's an "ignore" button :D my favorite

berzum

GrumpyBadger I wouldn't argu with DrumHilda, arguing with those type of people never accomplishes anything. They claim to have a right to their opinion but ignore and troll others who views/opinions are different, despite give evidence they will always act childish when proven wrong. After all thats what makes them trolls.

GrumpyBadger

Article Writer
I was doing it more as an example of how things will be handled when I eventually receive negative rep. I have a funny feeling all this particular thread's peeps are all said and done anyways. No harm, no foul either. I just hate whiney SOBs. :D For some reason when I wrote that, it seemed like a good "first impression" for me as a noob to the community. :D

Lucid

GrumpyBadger I wouldn't argu with DrumHilda, arguing with those type of people never accomplishes anything. They claim to have a right to their opinion but ignore and troll others who views/opinions are different, despite give evidence they will always act childish when proven wrong. After all thats what makes them trolls.

Arguing on the internet is like masturbating, you only do it to please yourself.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I'm only here because I was browsing the forums recently. I found this to be very upsetting to me that people dislike some small amount of immaturity on the forums. JClarke, I have seen you on multiple threads, stating your honest and helpful opinions. And any person who feels that they should be able to do that, should. Drumhilda, I am very sorry to hear that within the 1st couple days you got 'ranter' rating. But regardless, if you got a bad rating, it's either for a definitive reason, or people are spamming. In which Cordelia tried to politely explain to you that you can get them removed. I have 2 negative ratings on my profile, but both come from incessant spammers. I hope neither of you let a couple rude people ruin this great site for the both of you.

berzum

Honestly, I'm only here because I was browsing the forums recently. I found this to be very upsetting to me that people dislike some small amount of immaturity on the forums. JClarke, I have seen you on multiple threads, stating your honest and helpful opinions. And any person who feels that they should be able to do that, should. Drumhilda, I am very sorry to hear that within the 1st couple days you got 'ranter' rating. But regardless, if you got a bad rating, it's either for a definitive reason, or people are spamming. In which Cordelia tried to politely explain to you that you can get them removed. I have 2 negative ratings on my profile, but both come from incessant spammers. I hope neither of you let a couple rude people ruin this great site for the both of you.
couldn't agree more, when i do give a rant or any other neg rating i always try to give a reason as to why i disagree or neg rate someone. I have learned that people say "I have a right to my own opinion" yet when someone says their opinion that person gets upset and throws a hissy fit 9/10, but most here are friendly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts