• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tsmp

Good morning from US Central. I have a number of questions regarding how various unarmed damage modifiers work, and one regarding a quest sequence. Some of these are dawnguard-specific.

Please forgive me if any of this comes off as a tad crass. I had originally posted these in 4chan's /tesg/ board, but they told me in no uncertain terms that they'd rather discuss waifus. I think I removed all the offensive content.

Without further ado...

Last week, my brother and I were looking up unarmed damage modifiers in Skyrim's files, and it seems like player vampires have modified unarmed damage, starting at 5 for stage one and maxing at 20 for stage 4. Assuming it actually works (we also found that player vampires are supposed to get something called dread cloak, but that doesn't happen), my first question is would this stack with the khajiit's and argonian's increased unarmed damage, or would it override it?

I also read on a wiki that the ring of the beast boosts unarmed damage even if you're not in vampire lord form, possibly due to a bug. Then I read that the vampire lord poison talons perk carries over into your normal form, also possibly due to a bug. Are these true? To clarify, I'm not asking about how to fix them, but if that's how they work.

Less complicated, non-vampire questions: the fists of steel perk only adds damage using the gauntlet's base defense value, right? Having perks to increase your heavy armor defenses wouldn't affect it? And it only applies to heavy armor?

Do perks in sneak increase the sneak attack and backstab damage of unarmed attacks?

This one's more of a sequence question in regards to dawnguard quests. The vampire hood is normally only available to dawnguard members from that one quest where they send you to kill a vampire who's trying to worm his way into someone's court (I can't remember the specifics). Is that quest available before it's no longer possible to become a vampire lord, or is there a way to still become a vampire lord after you finish that quest? I play on the PS3, so console commands are not an option.

Anyways, in conclusion: if I were a blood-starved khajiit vampire with a ring of the beast, the poison talons perk, 100 enchanting and all relevant perks, fists of steel and dragonplate guantlets enchanted with the unarmed damage buff, and whatever other equipment can be enchanted with that, about how much damage are we looking at here? Could I powerpunch a legendary dragon to death?

EnderEmmy

Honestly, I don't know. I do think you've got a good chance of being one overpowered motherfluffer. For advice, go and watch Robbazz's video titled "Anarmed Badass". That should help.

Tsmp

That video is what started this chain of events. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer the questions I have.

But I did learn from another video that a khajiit with fists of steel, daedric gauntlets enchanted with fortify unarmed, and a ring with the same enchantment should do around 60 damage a punch. I commented on that video asking about vampirism's unarmed damage boost, ring of the beast's effect, and poison talons, and hopefully he'll answer.

If neither this forum nor youtube comes up with anything, I might end up testing it myself because clearly no one knows and that is a problem.

jonathan90

well known member
I guess you could try some useful smithing perks,since you can be a badass punch up khajit, "even in light armour"

But try smithing and enchanting , and that should help you out. and gloves of punch up, in the ratway dungeon sewer.

and enchant armour or rings or anything else you can enchant.

Adam Warlock

Daedric makes the best punching gauntlets (+18 base armor)when also enchanted with Fortify Unarmed.
the best Unarmed damage I can put on those gauntlets and a ring is 17 each.
So the best base I can get is 52 over whatever an Altmer might otherwise do.
No perks in normal form( im werewolf on Xbox)
A Khajiit vampire should have the best unarmed attack without equipment

2x is sneak attack.
You can power attack at cost of stamina

I`m not even certain that Magic Effects that boost your overall combat damage like Agent of Dibella or Seeker of Might(Dragonborn Black Book) apply to Unarmed since it`s not included in combat schools.
Unarmed damage level is never displayed as far as I can tell.

Try putting on the gear and effects you think will work and fight someone on Novice setting.
If you feel strong there , increase difficultly until you get to a comfort point

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Good morning from US Central. I have a number of questions regarding how various unarmed damage modifiers work, and one regarding a quest sequence. Some of these are dawnguard-specific.

Please forgive me if any of this comes off as a tad crass. I had originally posted these in 4chan's /tesg/ board, but they told me in no uncertain terms that they'd rather discuss waifus. I think I removed all the offensive content.

Without further ado...

Last week, my brother and I were looking up unarmed damage modifiers in Skyrim's files, and it seems like player vampires have modified unarmed damage, starting at 5 for stage one and maxing at 20 for stage 4. Assuming it actually works (we also found that player vampires are supposed to get something called dread cloak, but that doesn't happen), my first question is would this stack with the khajiit's and argonian's increased unarmed damage, or would it override it?

I also read on a wiki that the ring of the beast boosts unarmed damage even if you're not in vampire lord form, possibly due to a bug. Then I read that the vampire lord poison talons perk carries over into your normal form, also possibly due to a bug. Are these true? To clarify, I'm not asking about how to fix them, but if that's how they work.

Less complicated, non-vampire questions: the fists of steel perk only adds damage using the gauntlet's base defense value, right? Having perks to increase your heavy armor defenses wouldn't affect it? And it only applies to heavy armor?

Do perks in sneak increase the sneak attack and backstab damage of unarmed attacks?

This one's more of a sequence question in regards to dawnguard quests. The vampire hood is normally only available to dawnguard members from that one quest where they send you to kill a vampire who's trying to worm his way into someone's court (I can't remember the specifics). Is that quest available before it's no longer possible to become a vampire lord, or is there a way to still become a vampire lord after you finish that quest? I play on the PS3, so console commands are not an option.

Anyways, in conclusion: if I were a blood-starved khajiit vampire with a ring of the beast, the poison talons perk, 100 enchanting and all relevant perks, fists of steel and dragonplate guantlets enchanted with the unarmed damage buff, and whatever other equipment can be enchanted with that, about how much damage are we looking at here? Could I powerpunch a legendary dragon to death?
all Humans and Elves and the Orc race deal 4 damage per hit while the Argonian does about 15 Damage and the Khajiit does 20 Damage, the Ring of the Beast add an additional 20 Damage to all Races so a khajiit would do 40 Damage per hit which is more damage than the average weapon you will find lyng around and combinding that with say (Legendary smithed deadric Guantlets that give you 120 extra damage then you would do 160 damage in total is about the same damage as a fully perked werewolf in Melee or so the description says)
But I have noticed that you are not as effective as the Werewolf because your claws are much smaller and you cant swipe as fast.

CaptMorgan72

You are mistaken tx12001. The damage from the "fist of steel" perk applies only to the base armor value. Improving the armor will not add additional unarmed damage. Daedric gauntlets with a unarmed enchantment applied to it and a ring, is the best you can do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts