• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

So, I stumbled across the story of Ulfberht, an apparently legendary Norse blade smith, recently. Apparently, he was the first to forge blades entirely of high carbon steel. Prior to that, it is said, they were made of iron with steel strips and a steel edge forge-welded on after the fact. They keep unearthing blades with +Ulfberht+ along the blade, in iron inlay...some 166 Ulfberht blades so far I think. To make it more interesting, they believe the blades range in date longer than the average life span, so they believe the business carried on after Ulfberht's passing. Apparently, this is the Louis Vuitton of viking swords, and everyone who was anyone had to have one.

The next time I played Skyrim, I noticed Warbear's name, Ulfberth, for the first time. Possibly a play on the Ulfberht of blade fame? Not that it makes a difference, but I am all about stupid little coincidences like that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts