• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
    Juggles, Sofi, Zigzag and Cassandra made their way out of the musty tavern, and were immediately hit by a stiff morning breeze, making it difficult for Cassandra to shut the door behind them. If she were a superstitious person, she might think it was a bad omen.

Outside, the smell of dead fish was heavy in the air. On a breezy day such as this, Lake Honrich made it's presence known. Some would say that the smell was sickening...overpowering even. To the natives of the Rift, it smelled like money.

Seeing Zigzag join the group for their upcoming mission made Cassandra slightly nervous. Not that she doubted Zigzag's skills, but this mission requires careful planning and discretion. Adding another person may force them to re-think their approach. Things could get sloppy. No....shut up. You have to stop thinking that way. Put yourself in a position to trust. You can't do everything on your own anymore.... Cassandra suddenly caught herself thinking out-loud.

Her face flushed red. As her allies turned to look at her, noticing her nervous blushing and the beads of sweat forming on her forehead and cheeks, Cassandra desperately attempted to take all of the attention off of herself.

She pointed to the market area in the center of town. There. That is where we wait for Mayven to exit her castle. We will go unnoticed in the crowds and bustle of the markets. When she shows herself, we can monitor most of her daily routine from there. Most of Riften can be seen from the center of town. If she happens to go out of sight, we split-up. Two of us follow her and try to be as inconspicuous as possible, while the other two stay in the market area in case they lose her. Hopefully, if that is the case, the two that remain will spot her when she comes back around. In any case....we have to have at least one set of eyes on Mayven at all times....no matter what. I am highly confident we will find something to exploit in her daily routine.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    The cold air smacking his face was a definite wake-up call for Juggles. As he kept his thoughts to himself, he would glance Cassandra's way every now and then. He had no doubt that she would prove to be a formidable sister-in-arms. He was glad to be on the same side as her.

And then she revealed her strategy for the three of us to hear. That's a very good plan, he thought. Basic, but yeah, that's what we should do next.

Then, he chose to throw in his two or six Septims' worth, Cassandra speaks true, he said. We mingle. We follow. We switch between solo and pairs. We also alter our appearance on a daily basis.

He nodded toward the group while smiling at Cassandra.

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    Sofi stood there in silence for a moment but to her seemed like an eternity she wasn't usually this still, she would be bouncing around at this moment giggling like a mad woman but she knew now wasn't the time or the place to be doing so, less attention drawn towards them the better "Well then" she finally spoke, stepping next to Cassandra "When the time comes Ill be ready to slice the bitches throat" she made a slicing motion across her neck, then let out a soft chuckle "I would also like to be paired up with Cassandra for first round if that's ok with her and everyone else here?" she started getting antsy again and was lightly bouncing

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    He was walking through the woods, slowly, while humming an odd song a guard kept singing at the prison. He finally got away from society's graveyard, and now he was free. Free do to do what he wanted, take contracts, kill, get money, waste them, and repeat the process. There was something more though...the girl that helped him break away was skilled. It took her one day to get away from a place that Fenves had to spend so much time in. There was, without a doubt, something strange about her to. The way she fought, the way she acted - it all seemed like she did it all more for the plain reason of escaping. There was something out there for her, something she lived for, and Fenves's curiosity is better feasted, then hungered.

He walked for hours around the forest, ignoring his needs of drinking or eating, as he was just lost in thoughts. But in an instant, he snapped out of it, as the darkness of the night was stained by a small light – a fire in the forest. A camp, most likely he thought to himself. He moved towards it, clinging to the shadows. However was out there could have been looking for him, word moves out fast, after all. As he got closer to the fireplace, he hid himself behind a tree, while taking quick glances at the camp, failing to see what was there. It looked abandoned, a bunch of dead corpses were lying on the ground with blood painted all across the dirt, and bottles of what seemed to be skooma laid all around the floor, some broken. He wanted to get a better view, to see if anyone was actually alive, but as he was leaning, he stepped on a branch, causing a loud noise that made the birds leave their nests and fly away. He stepped out of his cover, with one hand on his back, holding tight to his shiv. “Hellooooooo?”

He came upon the sight of his former inmate colleague, which was sitting next to the bodies. “I assume this is your act?” he asked, pointing at the corpses. “Well I for one don’t want to end up like that.” Said Fenves with a smirk on his face. He got closer to her, taking a seat next to the fire, and grabbing a half-empty bottle of skooma that was laying on the floor. “I love this stuff!” he shouted, as he took a swing, loud enough to be heard from the other end of the forest. As his gaze returned upon Buttons, he spoke once more, trying to lighten up the mood “Well, it seems you like it even more, right..uuh…” he scratched the back of his head as he was trying to remember her name “Knobs? No, Buttons! That’s it! Knobs would fit you better, you know?” he chuckled as he emptied the bottle.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    she starred through the leaves of the trees at the night sky, leaning against the tree, as the fire continued to crack and send sparks upwards "Ill be lucky if I actually make it home, alive" she lightly chuckled to herself "Irony, I bring death to those and in the end death comes to me" she knocked back another bottle of skoom and tossed the bottle next the other empty ones. Uncrossing her legs, having one stretched out while the other pulled up in an upside down V (best way I could explain so shut up) with her arm laid across it holding another purple bottle.

Buttons knew that she would not be getting far, with Riazen and The Joke after her one was bound to catch her first and if not the Joke then for sure Rizaen would get her if and when she ever made it make to the sanctuary, the sudden thought of not seeing Juggles or even Amy sadden her a bit, she let out another sigh and downed another bottle.

she was lost in her thoughts when the snapping of a branch brought her back to reality she watched as a figure came into view through nothing more than the fires light, a smirk crossed her face when the figure was no other than the elf from the prison," Eh so the elf has found me first" She sat in silence watching him "and this is how it ends for me" She thought to herself, still smiling to herself "well at least I won't be feeling much now" she let out a soft giggle as he sat down across from her, she readied her dagger, she wasn't going to go down at least not without a little fight.

taking another swig before throwing the bottle into the dark forest and grabbing another in the pile that laid next to her "It's Buttons You Foolish Elf.." she popped the top taking another drink she grabbed another bottle and threw it at him, watching him catch the bottle she lifted hers at him in a cheering motion "here's to freedom, life and my favorite death" she gave him her evil grin before taking another drink "You have a slight advantage at the moment my dear elf, so if you are planning to end my life at least do so quickly" she pointed at the dead nords that laid at her feet, smiling "They on the other hand did not" she sat still, still leaning against the tree, giving him an evil grin "But make no mistake that I wont at least try to survive" her smile faded and she let out a high pitched cackle

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag was unsure of what to say, seeing as how she wasn't supposed to be apart of the plan. The only person she knew in this group was Juggles. She hadn't actually talked to Sofi, but since she bought her a new book to write in Zigzag considered her a friend. Cassandra she was still unsure of. "If no one really minds, I'll have to do some actual shopping." Zigzag said, pointing at what remained of her clothes. "Cause Right now I might as well be wearing nothing. And that could attract some unwanted attention, especially if we're going after this...who was it again? Mayven Black-Briar?" She had not heard of this woman back in High Rock, but apparently in Skyrim, she was almost as important a person as the High King.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    "You have a slight advantage at the moment my dear elf, so if you are planning to end my life at least do so quickly"

He raised an eyebrow, while his smile faded from his face and he became much more serious. Instead of drinking the bottle that she threw at him, he wasted the skooma on the fire, vanquishing the light and covering both himself and Buttons in complete darkness. He got up, and walked away into the woods, sure that she would be too messed up and tired to go following him. But really, all he did was hide behind trees, one at a time, getting closer and closer to the poor girl.

"Kill you?" he asked, laughing after he spoke. "What makes you think I would wanna do that? Even if I wanted you dead, I would have done it slowly and carefully." he approached the tree she was leaning on from behind, and begun talking, making sure she knew he was there. "Just like a sabercat eats his meal - swatting the flesh away to get to the center, where the most succulent part of the carcass is..." Fenves made a brief pause as he leaned against the tree, opposite side of Buttons "And then..." he pulled out his dagger an dipped it in Fenves's favorite poison. Then, in an instant, he rushed his way around the tree, taking hold of Buttons's armed hand, and placing his dagger at her neck. Her instincts were, after all, weakened by the large quantities of skooma she drank. "It sinks it's teeth into the heart, and continues to devour it until there's nothing else but worm food!" he spoke, quite loudly, as he tightened the grip of Buttons hand and pressed his dagger against her throat.

Fenves looked the girl straight in her eyes before releasing her hand and putting away the dagger from her neck, as he started laughing like a maniac. He sat next to her, awaiting her response "You're lucky...hahaha...that I don't want to kill ya'!". He continued to laugh, leaving himself relatively unguarded the whole time.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    the skooma was starting to slightly wear off, taking in a deep breath as she watched him take a seat next to her "Do you honestly think I fear death? And that you so much consider me lucky that you didn't kill me?" she looked at him, giving him a cold dead stare "You know nothing of me elf, and the fact you even so got close to me, is actually why you are lucky and not me..." her smile turned into her twisted grin as she lunged at him, holding her dagger tight at his neck "One slight movement from you and I would be more than happy to sink my blade into your flesh" she pushed a little harder on his neck "im not going to kill you, you so much try to make a stab at me again, and i promise you it will be the last thing you ever do" she smiled at him "So listen carefully, I am Buttons, ok? The next time you want to kill someone off, do it yourself don't send your lackeys alright?" she removed the dagger and jumped back and away, crouching low to the ground "Another thing, don't go about how someone is lucky that you didn't kill them it gives them the chance to stab you" she started to fade into the dark, echoing her voice off the trees "Give me a reason as to why i shouldn't let you join these fine nords....." she leaned against the tree away from him, stepping into what little light there was "And let you join in my family?"

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    As soon as Buttons jumped on him, Fenves dropped the dagger and relaxed his hands. If death were to come, he would have welcomed it. The whole time she was threthaning him, Fenves smiled, she was a bold woman, much like him. He kept staring at her while she was spitting her arogance and pride. He noticed blood flowing from her neck, drop by drop. A small cut, far from lethal, but the cut ment her neck was wounded while Fenves pressed his dagger against her throat. The dagger that was poisoned.

"Give me a reason as to why i shouldn't let you join these fine nords....." she leaned against the tree away from him, stepping into what little light there was "And let you join in my family?"

Fenves started laughing, knowing that at last, he had the upper hand. "A reason? You ask for a reason?” he kept laughing, pointing his finger at buttons. "Here's your reason, Knobs-” he pointed at her neck. “Kill me, and you shall follow me in the ground!” he said with a serious tone. The poison started taking effect, and Buttons's last laugh had finally begun.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    she started to laugh "Oh I should let you live, why because you poisoned me?" she dragged her finger across the cut and licked the blood off "I dwell in the arts of potions, poisons and plants... I could smell the poison" her evil smile crept across her face "I could smell it through the bottle, you think that you can best me with mere poisons you're going to have to do better there, and I told you you stupid knuckle dragging elf it's Buttons call me knobs again and I'll beat the life from you and leave you to the beast, don't test my patience"

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Fenves was surprised by how Buttons ignored the poison. Even if only a small amount of substance entered her veins, it was something to shrug it off like that. After she threatened him, Fenves started to laugh like a maniac. “You got me there!” he shouted, as he sheathed his dagger and rose from the ground. “Well, it seems I might need another reason, won't I?” he begun to rub his chin as he faked to be thinking. “You do owe me one, I saved your sorry face from the prison, where you would have most likely died, seeing how hot-headed you are!” he glared at Buttons, who looked unconvinced. “I could have sliced your poor throat apart, and leave you drowning in your own blood, next to the men you just killed.” He chuckled a little. “And you deserve to die...” he said while remembering what Bjar told him about Buttons, as he walked away from her. “Killing little girls, now that's cruel...even for me.”

He started laughing again as he walked farther away from scene. If Buttons were to attack him, he would have been ready, and if she was to invite him in the family, he probably won't refus

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    At Zigzag's mention of a need for shopping, Juggles snapped out of his reverie about what to do with Mayven. Clearly, she seemed out of her comfort zone, what with being soaking wet and all. And since no one else here "knew" ZigZag like he did, he thought it best to come to her assistance.

Nudging her, he then said, Mind if I tag along? he asked. You're focused on replenishing your wardrobe, and I get that. Obviously. He winked at her, then continued, And while you're concentrating on that, I'll watch your back. So please, take your time, concluded Juggles.

And, oh, by the way, he then continued while waving and jingling a bag of coins, I'd most definitely go with "comfort" and "warmth" as far as your search for clothing goes. And not necessarily in that order, he stated, while tossing the bag to the fledging assassin.

So, he started. Where to first?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    she watched as he started to slowly back away from her, crossing her arms over her chest letting out a deep sigh before speaking out "Wait... Before you go I have an offer to make to you" she started to step towards the light of the moon "I give you credit to trying to off me not once, but twice since the escape. You got balls I must say, not many would continue on trying to off someone.... Which leads me to think that you are hiding from something and you don't want anyone to know that you were being held in prison... Am I getting warm?" her twisted grin came to her face "So my offer my dearest elf flesh.... join my family or be hunted down like a dog...." she stood over the fire, snapping her fingers as a flame came into her hand, the flame flickered light across her face, her smile some what frightening "Cause make no mistake, I could, can and will always find you" she cackled as she reached down setting the wood back into a roaring fire "So what it is? Oh to make the deal even sweeter, besides me not killing you, you get paid to kill"

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    As soon as Buttons begun speaking, Fenves turned to look at her and stopped walking away. “you are hiding from something and you don't want anyone to know that you were being held in prison... Am I getting warm?" Fenves raised an eyebrow She is a witty one. After she ended her proposal Fenves slowly clapped his hands, with a smirk on his face. “I haven't been part of such family since I was a lad...” he crossed his arms while looking at the night's sky “Brings back memories...” he stood like that, lost in his thoughts for more than a moment, probably confusing Buttons. “Very well, Kno-” Fenves reformulated as she frowned “-Buttons, I shall be a part of your merry family. And I expect you would keep your mouth shut about the prison, for both yours and my sake. Wouldn't want anyone to know that daughter killer is free to roam the world now, would we.” Fenves got closer to her “Well, come on, my dear sister-” he crossed his arms again “-show me the way to our home.” the smirk on his face turned to large, evil smile.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    *This Thread Is Closed*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts