• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I ran into him the other day for the the first time in Solitude. I was actually doing the quest looking fro the traveling pilgrim. I thought maybe he was the pilgrim I was looking for so I tried to talk to him, and he attacked and summonsed a gargoyle. A bunch of guards jumped in and he was dead in no time.

Ugh, I have had to kill him so many times I've just gotten to the point where I let out a blood-curdling scream and charge him full speed and hack him down in a blaze of fiery dual-flurry attacks before he can summon that annoying gargoyle.

I frequently fast travel to Riverwood to sell stuff and use the forge (it's close to my cabin), so I usually see him there. Since everyone's asleep, and there's only one guard left, the responsibility falls on my shoulders to slay the foul demon. Unfortunately he's already taken the life of the Smith's wife and one other guard, so now it's become personal between him and I. :mad:

I ran into him the other day for the the first time in Solitude. I was actually doing the quest looking fro the traveling pilgrim. I thought maybe he was the pilgrim I was looking for so I tried to talk to him, and he attacked and summonsed a gargoyle. A bunch of guards jumped in and he was dead in no time.

LOL Yep thats him :p

Wildroses

I once successfully outran him in Shor's Stone when I didn't feel like fighting him. I could see him turning towards me and he took a few steps in my direction. I knew once he got close he'd summon that gargoyle and attack me so I turned and ran like a coward. It worked. He never became hostile, and everyone was alive when I next went to Shor's Stone (in daylight).

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I once successfully outran him in Shor's Stone when I didn't feel like fighting him. I could see him turning towards me and he took a few steps in my direction. I knew once he got close he'd summon that gargoyle and attack me so I turned and ran like a coward. It worked. He never became hostile, and everyone was alive when I next went to Shor's Stone (in daylight).

I only wish I could run like a coward as my nerves are getting frazzled from having to fight him so much. I don't spook easily, but this Traveler guy always creeps me out for some reason. :eek:
Nevertheless, it is my Undead Hunter's sworn duty to slay all hostile undead, especially dem evil vampires.

:Dragonborn:

JClarke1953

Oh... another source for vampire gauntlets. I should start looting him apparently.

If your after vampire gauntlets and (im assuming) your with the dawnguard, volkihor castle spawns 2sets of them every 10days. Its been ages since I done the dawnguard faction missions but im pretty sure volkihor castle remains open once you clear out all the vamps at the end...

The problem with looting most items from the castle, at least on my XBox, is they'll be labeled as "stolen". I had one char that had the Vamp Lord gear on, got arrested, paid my fine, and was put out of the jail naked (stolen items were confiscated). I had to go back in an steal my clothes back, lol.

Chadonraz

The problem with looting most items from the castle, at least on my XBox, is they'll be labeled as "stolen". I had one char that had the Vamp Lord gear on, got arrested, paid my fine, and was put out of the jail naked (stolen items were confiscated). I had to go back in an steal my clothes back, lol.

I noticed the same problem (though not with armor) when I returned to CV long after killing Harkon. I was playing a character who didn't steal except from bad guys, but I found some rare ingredients in the castle... fortunately the "stolen" tag of an ingredient doesn't carry over to the potion the ingredient is used for. :D

sticky runes

I've been meeting the traveler a lot on my current character, but I don't recall meeting him with my other dawnguard play through. He normally summons a gargoyle whenever I fight him. sometimes he gets my followers into trouble with the law, because I give the other Dawnguard members exploding bolts, and the effects will damage any soldiers or townsfolk who attack the vampire as well.

It was a bit scarey when I mistook the traveler for Falion when I was seeking a cure for vampirism!

Chadonraz

Thread necromancy, I know... but I just ran into this guy for the first time ever.

It had started raining (yet again), so I had decided to spend the night at home, in Whiterun.

When I entered the city, I immediately spotted a person in black robes heading towards the market. At first I thought it was Sam Guevenne (who spawned in the Bannered Mare 20+ levels ago and is still there), but then the person turned around and I saw the telltale vampire eyes. I realized who it was, and having heard/read stories of the Traveler, my reaction was pretty much "Oh crap!".
I was overencumbered, too... :eek:

I heard the first bolt (thankfully the guards attacked the Traveler) get shot as I opened my inventory to drop some stuff I intended to smelt down. I also heard the unmistakable sound of a summoning spell, followed by the equally unmistakable sounds of a Gargoyle.

Surprisingly the Traveler (I ignored the Gargoyle, as it was the lesser threat right then) went down quickly - I only managed to land one hit on him.

I have finally met this charming gentleman. My life is now complete. :D

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Speaking of my favorite buddy, The Traveler, I had a character that I hadn't played since downloading the Dragonborn expansion. After fast traveling to Whiterun I ended up having to deal with both The Traveler and Miraak's Cult Member buddies at the same time. It was a most unpleasant encounter to say the least... :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts