• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Matthew Brown

Just started the College of Winterhold questline yesterday and I'm having some trouble with it.

Right now, I'm currently doing the Under Saarthal quest. I'm at the part where you have to find the danger within Saarthal (Jyrik Gaulderson). I haven't located and fought him yet, but from what I've seen and heard about him, I can tell I'm not strong enough to beat him (currently at lvl.7 and specializing in magic).

So, I've decided the best course of action would be abandoning the Saarthal quest for now until I'm a bit stronger. But, I can't seem to get out. Firstly, I have a really hard time navigating the map of Saarthal as I get lost easily lol. That being said, I am still able to make it back, it just takes me a while. The problem is that when I finally do find my way back, as soon as I get to the room with the chains and doors where Tolfdir abandoned me, the way to get out is blocked.

I could just load my save from before I entered Saarthal, I suppose, but I'd really rather not as many of my skills have been leveled up after fighting the Draugrs within and I've gained several items that are really useful to me (those soul crystal things, potion ingredients, weapons, etc) and I'd hate to lose all that I've gotten.

TLDR: Does anyone know how to get out of Saarthal without completing the quest?

AbsoluteLemon

Unfortunately there's no way to get out of Saarthal that way. When I completed it, I also tried to get out that way. Best thing to do is find a vantage point where you can pick him off with magic, or, if you have one, a bow. I think at some point it opens, but you have to go further through the quest for it to do so.

Eaglespirit

Did you save before going into Saarthal ? If yes just reload, or just go back to last save before starting Saarthal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts