• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phalaenopsis83

Hi,

I'm currently doing the "touching the sky" quest.
I've filled the Initiate's Ewer but I can't fill the basin in Auriel's temple. My quest marker in on the basin, when I place my mouse on it is says "pour water in basin" but when I press "E" nothing happens...
I've tried to reload a previous save; I've tried to play on a different computer, with less mods, but nothing works...
Any ideas?

Thx.

Tuishimi

I don't know, man, but I am getting really crazy over all the glitches. Water causes visual and aural glitches (vibrations on screen in in my ears), it seems like some of the animations are missing, like when I pour into the ewer, my characters stands there frozen like a zombie, and half the time, Serana does that too... frozen like she's on a cross or something. I got to the final basin like you and lo and behold, I get stuck there once the water is poured.... it just has the E) Pour water... and I cannot get out of it. Really irking me.

Tuishimi

Near as I can tell so far, I *think* it has to do with any mod that alters the default movement file. I might be wrong... I am just about to start the snow elf bit with a new character.

LordDP

Oh, not the vibration issues... the not moving issues.
naw it can't be the mods, i think it's cuz Bethesda rushed this and didn't test it out on another pc for bugs like this. I've been trying to figure this out for 12 hours now, still no result.

Tuishimi

Update... yeah, I think I am right about the movement thing (body standing still while some action should be taking place)... just played through and it was perfect. As LordDP said tho', the other issues are just buggy glitches. The vibrating, the water where there should be no water (like you will be walking and all of a sudden you are swimming on the road for a short ways, with sounds of water, etc., then back to normal).

molenmer

Hi all!
GOT THE SAME PROBLEM!!!
So I thought I could fix this by just using the console command to unlock the door and so I did. Everything went fine until I got to the boss fight. The guy who's supposed to be standing in front of the throne is visually not there. Then again I thought: "So what?" But after you get knocked out by that blast of his I couldn't do anything anymore besides walking and jumping. I just had to painfully watch as I got slaughtered by the guy. Of course I think this whole thing occured because I used the console command on the door at first.
So, Bethesda pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fix this, I need to complete this awesome DLC (aside from all the bugs in it, it's still awesome!)

Tuishimi

Like I said above, it was a mod I installed that replaced the default.hkx or something like that which has changed a lot from pre-dawnguard to dawnguard to account for the new vampire lord parts and movements and the like. Any animation mod that changed that, or any mod period that changed that causes movement issues with new movements for dawnguard.

Now can someone tell me why (and how to fix) the problem where you can be walking down a road and all of a sudden you are swimming? That is frustrating, especially when you might be fighting since being in water causes your weapons to sheath. Drives ... me ... NUTS!

Dovahcrap

Now, I am at the ''boss fight witch Arch-Cuate Vythur. But he does'nr appear. He does start speaking and unfriezing the frozen falmer and chaurusses, but when tey are all killed, i am stuck, because he doesn't fight us himzelf. (because he is not there). I've tried typing DLC1VQ07. 200 in de console command, but when i do that, the game glitches for i can't do anything exept walking. Any help pls!

Stack

I had the same issue with not being able to pour the water into the basin and registered to share how I fixed it.

1. Type into the console: player.sqs DLC1VQ07
All of the last 10 or so stages should all be 0, but one will be 1 (mine was 132, don't know if it always is)

2. Now, you have to load a previous save from before you filled the water completely. Load a save and use player.sqs DLC1VQ07 to check the stage 132 that was set to 1 should be 0 now. If not, you may have to go back to another save.

3. You don't really want to run all over this place again, so use movetoqt DLC1VQ07 to fill it up at each location. Save before you do it, fill it up, use player.sqs DLC1VQ07 to make sure that stage 132 is still 0, then move on to the next one. If it changes to 1, reload the save and try again. Mine worked the first time I retried it, but better to be safe.

4. You should be able to make it to pouring the water into the basin with that stage 132 set to 0 and it will trigger like it should and you will be able to enter the door.

I don't know what triggers the stage 132 to set to 1, but this is the way I fixed mine.

Jzargo

Hi,

I've filled the Initiate's Ewer but I can't fill the basin in Auriel's temple.

Thx.
I'm doing the same quest on the ps3 and having the same problems. I haven't downloaded any mods, since there are none for PlayStation, but it wont let me fill it. I'm kinda disappointed.:Dragonborn:(This is a cool emoticon)

Matthew LeFevre

Hi,

I've filled the Initiate's Ewer but I can't fill the basin in Auriel's temple. My quest marker in on the basin, when I place my mouse on it is says "pour water in basin" but when I press "E" nothing happens...
I've tried to reload a previous save; I've tried to play on a different computer, with less mods, but nothing works...
Any ideas?

Thx.
HOLY CRAP I FIXED IT....ok...so this is gonna be really odd but it worked for me. Warning: there may be future bugs after you try this...ok so first off this is exactly how i did it.

Get all your water fills 5/5 right.
Then unlock the door by hitting the (~) key and target the door and type Unlock

run all the way through all the rooms until you get to the Throne Room. Everything in there more the likely will be bugged and you wont be able to attack them, and he will walk out of the room.

Now go up the stairs in the Throne Room where the forcefield is...you cant pass it...hit your (~) key and click on the forcefield and type (Disable). This should drop the forcefield.

Walk past the forcefield and onto the Balcony where Vyrthur should be standing. I couldnt talk to him or anything so what you should do is hit your (~) key again and type (Killall). Vyrthur should immediately die and you can loot him. The shrine will now activate in the center and raise up and you will see Gelebor.

Once Vyrthur is dead your going to see a giant frost elemental spawn. DO NOT KILL IT. You will bug the game. Go up to the frost elemental on the balcony and type (~) again. Click on the Frost Elemental and type (Disable). HOORAY!

You should now be able to speak with Gelebor and complete the remainder of the quest. If at anytime Vyrthur blows up the throne room you will not be able to complete the quest. So ensure you do not kill that Frost Elemental because thats when he blows up the room. Just disable it. Hope this helps.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thx.

Sorry to hear you are having that problem cause it did happen to me also, but in my case, my mistake was that I skip one of the shrines, so obviously if you forget one of those, you will not have the 5 that are require for you to have the water and open the door in the temple. Are you sure that you did not skip one of them ? When happened to me, I had to reload the game and start from the very beginning ( when you find the first and the elf gives you the Initiate’s Ewer ). I hope that you missed one so you can redo the quest and be able to open the temple. ;)

Catgoth

Man this quest is bugged to oblivion (ES pun intended)
I had the same water pouring problem, then I managed to fix it with console commands, only to get stuck on the next bit. 3 of the stages had been set to completed that I had not yet done, so.., I had to go back to my earlier save, and seeing as I just quicksave alot, my 12 hour or so playthrough of the day has been for nothing whatsoever!

Now I have not been able to find a solution myself, other than having alot of seperate saves, at different points in the quest, and constantly checking your quests' stages with "player.sqs DLC1VQ07" to make sure only the ones you've actualyl done are at value 1.

Note however that when you DO pour the water in properly, it slowly flows along the floor, with the quest arrow still pointing at the basin, this takes like a minute and is hard to miss, so that may, or may not, simply be the problem.

Seriously though, don't bring out DLC's before they've been tested.

SkyKomrad

I had the pouring water bug .

I noticed that my Survive Darkfall Passage goal had not been completed even though I killed literally everything there and fill my jug with the water from the fountain . that was probably why I could not pour water into the altar thing .

it may have been extreme but I did setstage 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 to make sure that I got them all .
then coc DLC1FalmerTemple01 and SetStage 110

That took me inside the temple but I there was no one on the throne to did
then tcl command to get through the barrier
then killall to kill the boss elf

Gelebor appears , he raises the temple thingy ,but I have quest markers over his and his brothers heads and i cannot interact him. Though I was about to loot his dead brother.

I went back into the throne , tcl’d back through the barrier where Serana was .

I did setstage 132 and the room exploded , but no one died.

At this point , I was able to talk to Gelebor and he made Auriel’s now apprear .

I grabbed the bow and both quest markers cleared at the same time!

I poured myself a shot of vodka in the RL to celebrate completing most if the mission.

I missed fighting Gelebor’s brother , which stinks . But it was better than using setstage 200 to get the bow and complete the quest without even entering the temple.

I hope that this helps someone. The mission is very glitchy but it’s worth it getting the bow.

I tested the sun arrows on vampires and it was cool to watch them catch on fire.

I haven’t tried using blood-cursed arrows yet , but I will soon.

You can get Gelebor as a companion if you want to as well. I’m happy with Serana though !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts