Xbox 360 Total Number of Discoverable Locations?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fedpol2

Greetings! Been playing Skyrim since it released and absolutely love it. Apologies if this question has been asked before but I've seen so many different numbers, on so many different sites, I thought I would ask here. Playing on the Xbox 360, currently with only Hearthfire installed, how many total discoverable locations are there to be found?

I currently have 345 listed in my stats for locations discovered. This has become more of a curiousity thing for me now. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

JClarke1953

I've no idea myself, and I never thought about trying to count them. I'm not sure if I could either, as my map is so crowded! Even a search on Google doesn't give any definitive answers. I was going after the rest of the Stones of Benzariah the other day, and happened to see there were still several places I hadn't discovered as yet.

There are so many places, cities, towns, caves, mines, ruins etc, I'm not sure they can be counted. Also, when you make one choice or the other about what side you're on, you'll not find any major camps of the side you're on.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I've no idea myself, and I never thought about trying to count them. I'm not sure if I could either, as my map is so crowded! Even a search on Google doesn't give any definitive answers. I was going after the rest of the Stones of Benzariah the other day, and happened to see there were still several places I hadn't discovered as yet.

There are so many places, cities, towns, caves, mines, ruins etc, I'm not sure they can be counted. Also, when you make one choice or the other about what side you're on, you'll not find any major camps of the side you're on.
their Is about 250 to 300 or so locations on the map I think

JClarke1953

I saw the link Shadowkitty has, it says 371. I got "Explorer" long ago, but thought it was because I was walking/running/fighting as I traveled.

I ought to take a picture with my iPad of my very filled map to show I guess. Heck, I discovered a lighthouse near Alftand yesterday. Found a family had been murdered, so of course I had to find out why.

And since finding all of the Stones, and getting that "reward" for doing so, lots of flawless jewels have been showing up in chests and funeral jars, even ones I had already been in several times before.

JClarke1953

Yeh it is. I like getting my char onto high towers or ruins and look at the "scenery" below. Especially in Skyrim's early morning or sunset.

Fedpol2

Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I've checked the wiki and several other places/boards online. If there is 26 more discoverable locations out there I sure have no idea where they are lol! Gave up fast travel for the most part long ago. Getting ready to grab DG and DB so we'll see soon. Agreed the detail is amazing! I've got over 400 hours on this character. It's actually my first play through since it launched. I had about an 8 month break when I changed jobs and was ridiculously busy so it was cool coming back to it after things settled down. The game still surprises me though. I still find things to do. Entertainment value second to none for the money for me.

Anyway thanks again!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I've checked the wiki and several other places/boards online. If there is 26 more discoverable locations out there I sure have no idea where they are lol! Gave up fast travel for the most part long ago. Getting ready to grab DG and DB so we'll see soon. Agreed the detail is amazing! I've got over 400 hours on this character. It's actually my first play through since it launched. I had about an 8 month break when I changed jobs and was ridiculously busy so it was cool coming back to it after things settled down. The game still surprises me though. I still find things to do. Entertainment value second to none for the money for me.

Anyway thanks again!

Both DL's add some really cool locations. I'd give the edge to Dawnguard for most scenic and interesting additions. Dragonborn adds a whole island and a plane of Oblivion sure, but in my opinion, the Dawnguard locales are much more entertaining. I lot of people have hate for the Forgotten Vale, but it is one of my favorite places in all of Skyrim.

JClarke1953

The only DLC I found to be extremely disappointing is Hearthfire. I got so fed up with how little there was that worked that I dumped it completely.

I liked the idea of building, but after I saw how much didn't work, and the so very little interaction with my "family", I just got rid of it. I play with the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC, and that's it.

Fedpol2

The only DLC I found to be extremely disappointing is Hearthfire. I got so fed up with how little there was that worked that I dumped it completely.

I liked the idea of building, but after I saw how much didn't work, and the so very little interaction with my "family", I just got rid of it. I play with the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC, and that's it.

I grabbed Heathfire because it was the only DLC my very poor internet connection would allow me to download. I have not experienced major problems with it yet. It can get annoying having your homestead under constant attack so to speak. Very few times that I have returned and not found bandits, wolves, giants or necromancers nearby. Multiple cows have lost their lives and the chickens have been slaughtered. Only thing that cheeses me off with Hearthfire is that none of the housecarls nor my wife will wear any of the better gear I give them. I did get my wife to finally stick with an improved ebony sword though so that was a small victory. Baby steps I guess. Anyway I've tried everything to include pickpocketing their original gear. Anyway though I've enjoyed the house building piece especially where the basement is concerned. Perfect for my OCD. Equipment in one safe, weapons in another, etc. Since I mess with Alchemy the greenhouse and fish hatchery were good additions for me as well.

Thinking about starting a new character and moving directly to Falkreath with the end goal of obtaining Lakeview Manor early on and maintaining that as my only house from the start. Definitely no kids next time. Although seeing the joy brought by the Daedric Daggers I gave them was moving lol. I agree with you though the limited interaction with the family piece is a little disapointing. Would have been cool to take your kids out hunting or maybe to run a DB mission. Something more than giving them dolls and clothing anyway.

Thanks again. I enjoy hitting the boards here when I can.

With dlc, I'm at 414, I haven't met someone that can screenshot and show me they have more, so I assume I'm the only one, for there to be 459 is impossible I've searched the map endlessly And I am also level 116.

Greetings! Been playing Skyrim since it released and absolutely love it. Apologies if this question has been asked before but I've seen so many different numbers, on so many different sites, I thought I would ask here. Playing on the Xbox 360, currently with only Hearthfire installed, how many total discoverable locations are there to be found?

I currently have 345 listed in my stats for locations discovered. This has become more of a curiousity thing for me now. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
With dlc, I'm at 414, I haven't met someone that can screenshot and show me they have more, so I assume I'm the only one, I've searched the map endlessly and am also level 116

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts