• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Greetings from the Dominion.​
I understand you're having trouble deciding on whose side to take in the Civil War. This is a choice I cannot make for you and it is a difficult one at that. I understand you enjoy playing as an Argonian. I happen to love the Argonians myself. In my game, I usually code them at a height of 1.10 so they're taller than everyone else and look like walking talking death claws.​
The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.​
Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.​
Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is your please remember the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

I would suggest ignoring the Thalmor sympathizer. Remember, they started this mess that you see in Skyrim. :D

I'm not here for war. Not today. However, I believe it was the Emperor Titus Mede II who signed the WGC. And furthermore, the same Emperor filled the Dominion with Blade terrorists and instigated a proxy war, which that action among several others culminated in the Great War. Empire unanimously agreed to the WGC and the Empire was stirring the pot for long before then. That is not on us. They could have simply told us 'no' and fought it out to whatever end.

Additionally, I am not a "Thalmor Sympathizer", my rank is High Justiciar. Think I've earned it. And you're welcome for me helping you out on the other thread. Either way, it's up to Gen to decide what to do.

it was a trick to cause dissension among the humans because last time you went to war with a united humanity, you ended up getting owned.

as for that last part: I really hate it when people Roleplay on the forums.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Greetings from the Dominion.​
I understand you're having trouble deciding on whose side to take in the Civil War. This is a choice I cannot make for you and it is a difficult one at that. I understand you enjoy playing as an Argonian. I happen to love the Argonians myself. In my game, I usually code them at a height of 1.10 so they're taller than everyone else and look like walking talking death claws.​
The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.​
Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.​
Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is your please remember the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

I would suggest ignoring the Thalmor sympathizer. Remember, they started this mess that you see in Skyrim. :D

I'm not here for war. Not today. However, I believe it was the Emperor Titus Mede II who signed the WGC. And furthermore, the same Emperor filled the Dominion with Blade terrorists and instigated a proxy war, which that action among several others culminated in the Great War. Empire unanimously agreed to the WGC and the Empire was stirring the pot for long before then. That is not on us. They could have simply told us 'no' and fought it out to whatever end.

Additionally, I am not a "Thalmor Sympathizer", my rank is High Justiciar. Think I've earned it. And you're welcome for me helping you out on the other thread. Either way, it's up to Gen to decide what to do.​

it was a trick to cause dissension among the humans because last time you went to war with a united humanity, you ended up getting owned.

as for that last part: I really hate it when people Roleplay on the forums.

I belong to a Thalmor ESO guild. High Justiciar is my rank in the guild. There are actually Thalmor Sympathizers out there. No RP going on here.

AS88

Staff member
Imagine if the Empire in Skyrim and the Stormcloaks ended up fighting each other to a standstill, Hammerfell and High Rock invaded claiming Falkreath and the Reach, and House Redoran invaded and took Windhelm.

That'd be weird.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I like how the Thalmor say Mede's sent Blades into the Dominion. But fail to mention the Mede's never trusted the Blades, who allowed Uriel VII's entire family to die.

Tyer032392

I like how the Thalmor say Mede's sent Blades into the Dominion. But fail to mention the Mede's never trusted the Blades, who allowed Uriel VII's entire family to die.

I don't think anyone was expecting the Mythic Dawn Cult to attack Uriel VII and his family. I can assume that even the blades themselves did not expect it as they probably had a false sense of security of not only being in a heavily guarded city, but also having the emperor under guard by some of the best agents the blades had to offer. Once they discovered the error of their ways, they knew it was to late, and Uriel VII himself had a vision that he was to die. With the sacrifice of his remaining son, the oblivion gates would forever be closed. This is sorta even confirmed in Skyrim by some of the mages claiming that because of the Mythic Dawn Cult surprise attack on the White-Gold Tower, no one has truly trusted the mages.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

I don't think anyone was expecting the Mythic Dawn Cult to attack Uriel VII and his family. I can assume that even the blades themselves did not expect it as they probably had a false sense of security of not only being in a heavily guarded city, but also having the emperor under guard by some of the best agents the blades had to offer. Once they discovered the error of their ways, they knew it was to late, and Uriel VII himself had a vision that he was to die. With the sacrifice of his remaining son, the oblivion gates would forever be closed. This is sorta even confirmed in Skyrim by some of the mages claiming that because of the Mythic Dawn Cult surprise attack on the White-Gold Tower, no one has truly trusted the mages.

Still doesn't change how the Mede's felt about the Blades. They were never an arm of Imperial Government and only swore loyalty to the Dragonborn Emperors.

But how most of the Legion regarded the Blades after Uriel VII's death in the game Oblivion, was that they failed.

The Mede's never trusted the Blades, while not everyone has the entire story, would you really trust those who 'allowed' the death of Uriel VII and his sons?

Tyer032392

Still doesn't change how the Mede's felt about the Blades. They were never an arm of Imperial Government and only swore loyalty to the Dragonborn Emperors.

But how most of the Legion regarded the Blades after Uriel VII's death in the game Oblivion, was that they failed.

The Mede's never trusted the Blades, while not everyone has the entire story, would you really trust those who 'allowed' the death of Uriel VII and his sons?

Personally, I myself always believed that it was mostly how the Blades went into seclusion after the death of Martin Septim and did not assist the Empire in anyway afterwords as said by Delphine. At that point, they were more or less a rouge organization within the Empire, not under the leadership of the Emperor, but under the leadership of their guild master. It is also safe to assume that the Blades knew about the Thalmor threat that was growing and failed to relay that message to the Emperor warning Mede of the possibility of a war within the next decade or not, and went on their covert operations without the the consent of the Emperor. Now, that also begs the questions as to who they were reporting to if they were reporting to anyone in the Imperial City; however unlikely.

You do have a point on how the Legion felt about the Blades at the end of Oblivion Crises, but I don't really think that was one of the reasons as to why Mede distrusted them. That is not saying that it is not a factor as they were sworn in their oaths to protect the Dragonborn and field not once but three times with Uriel VII, Martin, and the Last Dragonborn.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Personally, I myself always believed that it was mostly how the Blades went into seclusion after the death of Martin Septim and did not assist the Empire in anyway afterwords as said by Delphine. At that point, they were more or less a rouge organization within the Empire, not under the leadership of the Emperor, but under the leadership of their guild master. It is also safe to assume that the Blades knew about the Thalmor threat that was growing and failed to relay that message to the Emperor warning Mede of the possibility of a war within the next decade or not, and went on their covert operations without the the consent of the Emperor. Now, that also begs the questions as to who they were reporting to if they were reporting to anyone in the Imperial City; however unlikely.

You do have a point on how the Legion felt about the Blades at the end of Oblivion Crises, but I don't really think that was one of the reasons as to why Mede distrusted them. That is not saying that it is not a factor as they were sworn in their oaths to protect the Dragonborn and field not once but three times with Uriel VII, Martin, and the Last Dragonborn.

I believe it is mentioned in the novels that the Mede's didn't trust the Blades. They were the last regime's bodyguards and they apparently had failed. The Penitus Oculatus was created and trusted by them.

The Blades were active after the death of Martin. They worked with Ocato trying to keep the Empire together. Ocato was then assassinated also. So you're not exactly going to trust the group that failed, several times in regards to Uriel's sons, Uriel and then even Ocato.

Tyer032392

I believe it is mentioned in the novels that the Mede's didn't trust the Blades. They were the last regime's bodyguards and they apparently had failed. The Penitus Oculatus was created and trusted by them.

The Blades were active after the death of Martin. They worked with Ocato trying to keep the Empire together. Ocato was then assassinated also. So you're not exactly going to trust the group that failed, several times in regards to Uriel's sons, Uriel and then even Ocato.

These two quotes are from both the UESPWiki and TheElderScrollsWiki.

The Elder Scrolls Wiki

"With the death of the last Dragonborn emperors Uriel VII and Martin, the Blades abandoned their roles as bodyguards to the new Emperor (Titus Mede I) on account of him not being a Dragonborn. The Third Era came to a close with the Blades fortifying themselves within the walls of Cloud Ruler Temple, as they waited for a Dragonborn to appear."

USEPWiki

"With the Septim Dynasty sundered, the Blades once again secluded themselves in their temples to await the coming of another worthy Dragonborn. Eventually, Titus Mede was declared Emperor, beginning a new dynasty, but he was no Dragonborn and so the Blades did not truly serve him. Rather, they foresaw the threat posed to the Empire by the Thalmor of the Aldmeri Dominion, and worked covertly to combat them for years. Without support, however, these efforts could not last forever, and in 4E 171, an Aldmeri ambassador delivered to Titus Mede II the severed heads of every Blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood, sparking the Great War."

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why the Mede Dynasty did not trust the blades, as they were not obligated to serve them as they did with the Septim Dynasty before them. And of course, your points of how the Blades failed in the bodyguard quests for Uriel VII and Martin. Than again, I myself would not entirely trust an organization that I did not have entirely under my control, hence why the Pentius Ocultus was created, as they could be trusted by the Medes'.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
While the Blades did abandon their role as Bodyguards, they were never an arm of Imperial Government throughout the Septim Dynasty, but instead only served the Dragonborn Emperor, and then they worked with Uriel VII's Imperial Battlemage Ocato when he became head of the Empire.

The Penitus Oculatus was formed when Titus took the throne, which they became the Emperor's bodyguards, espionage and Imperial assassins.

The Blades weren't trusted not just because of the bodyguard role, that was only one small part of their duty. They were the eyes and ears of the Empire, the Mede's didn't trust them. Penitus Oculatus were created.

The Empire needed a new Intelligence force, that actually served them. The Blades were regarded by both the Mede's and many in the Legion to have failed to protect the Emperor and his sons, and even after all that they failed to protect Ocato.

In the space of ten years, three rulers had died. Uriel VII, Martin, Ocato. Each under the protection of the Blades. While Martin did sacrifice himself, such things have a way of becoming muddled.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The only advice I can give you, is that the Thalmor had a hand in Argonia defeating Morrowind and reclaiming ancestral territory from their Dark Elf Slave Masters... who are at this time leaning towards the Empire for economic aid from the Eastern Empire Co to rebuild from the war. Let's also not forget, that it was the Empire who continued to allow your kind to be enslaved, even after conquering Morrowind.

Thalmor had no hand in attacking Morrowind, they weren't involved. It was merely just a speculation and conspiracy presented by a writer telling the threat of the Thalmor (It was the Hist or more correctly a certain Hist tree commanded the An-Xieel). Also the Argonians were beaten by the army of House Redoran... so defeating Morrowind?

The Empire abolished the slave trade, all the slaves were set free and returned to their provincial home.

In the game Morrowind, the Argonians maintained an Embassy in Ebonheart the seat of Imperial Authority in Morrowind during TES III, escaped slaves would also flee to Ebonheart. Protected under Imperial law. The Armistice which allowed slavery was due to Tiber Septim needing to reach an agreement. The Empire opposed slavery and managed to abolish the slave trade once and for all. Though it did take a very long time, but Dunmer were resistant to remove what they considered their ancient rite.

Morrowind are not leaning towards the Empire, the Dunmer on Solstheim hate the East Empire Company who are raising prices on the person they trade with. Also the East Empire Company is a major shipping mercentile guild. They dominate the trading/shipping, even the Aldmeri Dominion are seeking to work out some deals with the EETC.

SR-map-East_Empire_Company.jpg

As you can see from EETC shipping lanes, even Black Marsh does major trading with the East Empire Company. Every province does. Guess they're all Pro Empire.

Helping the Empire conquer Eastern Skyrim is going to inevitably also help Morrowind recover faster than expected. In another war with Morrowind, Argonia would not have the element of surprise this time as the Dark Elves could come looking for some revenge. If you simply cannot reach a decision, the Dominion would gladly welcome a former ally with open arms.

Choice is yours, ball is in your court. All I ask is you please consider the Thalmor and our contributions to Argonia's freedom whenever you decide. Have fun! :D

Helping the Empire isn't going to help Morrowind. Morrowind is an independent nation, that was abandoned by the Empire, they have no love for the Empire. Not that the Empire has any love returned.

"Now that the Empire's arrived in Riften, we've finally established a launching point into Morrowind... Just in case." - Imperial soldier

Black Marsh is also selling weapons to the Empire/Imperial army. Argonian's aren't exactly allies with the Dominion. Nor have they really ever been. They were considered mere beasts until the Empire recognized them as equals. An Argonian has also been on the Elder Council.

Emperor Titus Mede II was only Emperor for two years prior to the Great War. Also the Blades were never an arm of Imperial Government or were even trusted by the Mede Dynasty. The Blades operated outside of Imperial authority. Also, you forgot to mention the Thalmor have been trying to undermine the Empire since Titus Mede I.

There are Thalmor nests and sympathizers throughout Cyrodiil, and the Penitus Oculatus keeps undercover agents in at least one of them. - p.152, Infernal City

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I usually end up killing Ulfrich 'cause, at least I can see his body for ages afterwards. All I have to do is go in to the Palace of the Kings throne room and there it is, right where I put it.

To see Rikke and Tulius I have to go in to Castle Dour and I just find that place depressing. I much prefer the Blue Palace and the flirty maids. :)

Reactions: Atz

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
I just love the Dunmer, their lore, culture and aesthetics! IMO they're the best and most creative race that Bethesda came up with (in MY opinion.)

And that quote earlier on "Now that Riften is under our control, we have a launching point into Morrowind... Just in case." That really pissed me off proper!

The Empire deserted Morrowind in the Oblivion Crisis, resulting in massive casualties in Morrowind, and now they want to retake Morrowind again? Nah mate, the Dunmer are prepared this time!

Even with the Red mountain erupting all day, the Dunmer are rebuilding and growing in strength again, it's said so in SKyrim, they're preparing a professional army again as well, so even if those Argonians teamed up with the seriously weakened Empire, I reckon Morrowind would fend off the attackers nicely, and with some asian themes to the Dunmer (Ashlanders=Mongols kind of) I wouldn't be surprised to hear in lore in new games that the Dunmer constructed the Great wall of Morrowind, and with so many refugees in Riften and Windhelm, the uprisings and guerilla warfares in Skyrim would force the Empire back, as well as the threat of Summerset Isle in the south, and the growing unrest in the other provinces, the Empire really doesn't have time to attempt military expansion right now, only to regain their strength slowly, but the Dunmer are doing the same!

I think it's time for a new Empire to control Tamriel ;)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Imperial Legate for Winterhold is a Dunmer. I don't believe the Empire are going to retake Morrowind as a more "just in case" due to Morrowind having an army. They will need to prepare in the event House Redoran attacks, even if it is unlikely.

Tyer032392

I just love the Dunmer, their lore, culture and aesthetics! IMO they're the best and most creative race that Bethesda came up with (in MY opinion.)

And that quote earlier on "Now that Riften is under our control, we have a launching point into Morrowind... Just in case." That really pissed me off proper!

The Empire deserted Morrowind in the Oblivion Crisis, resulting in massive casualties in Morrowind, and now they want to retake Morrowind again? Nah mate, the Dunmer are prepared this time!

Even with the Red mountain erupting all day, the Dunmer are rebuilding and growing in strength again, it's said so in SKyrim, they're preparing a professional army again as well, so even if those Argonians teamed up with the seriously weakened Empire, I reckon Morrowind would fend off the attackers nicely, and with some asian themes to the Dunmer (Ashlanders=Mongols kind of) I wouldn't be surprised to hear in lore in new games that the Dunmer constructed the Great wall of Morrowind, and with so many refugees in Riften and Windhelm, the uprisings and guerilla warfares in Skyrim would force the Empire back, as well as the threat of Summerset Isle in the south, and the growing unrest in the other provinces, the Empire really doesn't have time to attempt military expansion right now, only to regain their strength slowly, but the Dunmer are doing the same!

I think it's time for a new Empire to control Tamriel ;)

I think they were more likely talking about if the Aldermi Dominion took over Morrowind for what ever reason. Not sure why the High Elves would want Morrowind, unless if the Thalmor wanted to wipe out their native elf population as well with their superiority complex.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Altmer and Dunmer had a grudge, cause the Dunmer were initially Mer colonists that went independent, but that was waaaay back in time, and no, don't see any reason for Aldmeri to try control Morrowind, more to attempt to ally up.

Drunkenmage, now THAT is something I believe is fully possible, maybe not as likely with House Redoran in charge, but if house Dres took over, that would be highly likely, House Dres is infamous for their strong hate to the Empire, even more than most Dunmer already are, tehre's one house that was pro-empire, but they're more or less suppressed entirely by the others.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Altmer and Dunmer had a grudge, cause the Dunmer were initially Mer colonists that went independent, but that was waaaay back in time, and no, don't see any reason for Aldmeri to try control Morrowind, more to attempt to ally up.

Drunkenmage, now THAT is something I believe is fully possible, maybe not as likely with House Redoran in charge, but if house Dres took over, that would be highly likely, House Dres is infamous for their strong hate to the Empire, even more than most Dunmer already are, tehre's one house that was pro-empire, but they're more or less suppressed entirely by the others.

Morrowind's army belong to House Redoran, they're Redoran soldiers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts