• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Godzillaman 08

Very simple, post a list of your top 10 or 20 games and some honorable mentions. For the record I will update this post with my list as soon as can get a chance to put one together :p PS you can give reasons if you want.

ambiiientz

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Skyrim
3. Call of Duty 4
4. God of War
5. Oblivion
6. Medal of Honor : Frontline
7. Halo
8. Halo 2
9. Call of Duty 2
10. Borderlands

Honorable Mention : Morrowind, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Mercenaries, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Tetris,
NHL 97, Modern Warfare 2, Super Mario Bros, Ace Combat 5, Bioshock, Counter Strike...

Stone

Retired Moderator
1. Metal Gear Solid (1 & 4)
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3. Skyrim
4. Fallout 3
5. Oblivion
6. Battlefield 3
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
8. Red Dead Redemption
9. Fallout: New Vegas
10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

mamali

1. Half life - 1998
2. Half Life 2 - 2004
3. GTA san andreas - 2004 ( i was playing it most of my life )
4. Mafia - 2003
5. The punisher - 2005
6. Prince of Persia II : warrior within - 2004
7. Mass Effect 2 - 2010
8. Hitman Blood money - 2006
9. Skyrim - 2011
10. Max payne 2 - 2002
11. Resident Evil 4 - 2005
12. Call of Duty - 2003
13. Mass Effect 3 - 2012
14. Batman Arkham city - 2011
15. The Godfather - 2006
16. Driver 3 - 2005
17. Prince of Persia the two thrones - 2006
18. Call of Duty 3 - 2006
19. GTA vice city - 2003
20. Mass Effect - 2007

most of them are the old ones that i played on my ps2 , best days of my life

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
1a. Skyrim
1b. Pokemon (any of the standards. none of that Mystery Dungeon crap)
2. UFC Undisputed 2/3
3. Legend of Zelda (any)
4. Assassin's Creed (any)
5. Super Mario World
6. Call of Duty (any on the current consoles)
7. RE 4
8. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1&2
9. Need for Speed: Most Wanted(2006)
10. Gears of War

Honorable Mentions: GTA 4, Goldeneye, Halo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Madden, Oblivion, Bioshock

Stone

Retired Moderator
The only COD games which I feel multiplayer was fun were COD 5, MW2, BO1, BO2.
The majority of them have really bad campaign's... the only campaign's I enjoyed are BO1 & 2, just completed BO2 around 30 minutes ago on veteran, amazing storyline.

Karen

boop.
I guess I haven't played a lot of standalone games. Lots of series in my list. It's numbered, but I'm not 100% set on the order.

1) Final Fantasy - this series has been such a big part of my life, if I were to rank them by individual titles they'd take up a good chunk of my list, so I'll just put the whole series at the top.
2) Pokemon - for this series, I can pick a favorite, and it would be SS/HG.
3) Siren: Blood Curse
4) Ace Attorney series
5) The World Ends With You
6) Mass Effect series
7) Legend of Zelda - I actually haven't played that much of LoZ, I'd only played them on GBA and I loved Link to the Past and Minish Cap. I just got Ocarina of Time on 3DS, jury's still out on that one since I'm not done but I'm loving it so far.
8) Skyrim
9) LA Noire
10) Left 4 Dead

Honorable Mentions:

Bully: Scholarship Edition - so many lolz were had in this game.

Fable series - this was kind of my pre-Skyrim series. It had a lot of good stuff and I had imagined it would one day be what Skyrim is, but it never really got there and once Skyrim came out it kind of rendered this series obsolete for me.

Heavy Rain and Walking Dead: The Game - both great games with wonderful stories, and I really enjoyed them the first time around, but they're not really games I would replay a lot. Despite the multiple choices and possibilities, they're more like interactive movies, and I wouldn't play 'em over and over just for different outcomes, I'd rather watch them on Youtube.

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy - Similar reason as above, but the story got weird at the end - it was a great mystery/adventure game until all the voodoo crap came out swinging, imo.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
In no order hard to choose them apart.

Morrowind (pc)
Skyrim (pc)
Fifa 09 (ps3)
Championship Manager (amiga)
Fallout 3 (pc)
Fallout NV (pc)
BioShock (ps3)
GTA (series) (pc and ps3)
Dragon Age Origins (pc)
Mass Effect (pc)
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic (xbox)
Sonic The Hedgehog (nes)
Super Mario Brothers 3 (nes)
Yakuza (series apart from the last one) (ps3)
Godfather(xbox)
Star Fox (snes)
Road Rash 2 (mega Drive)
Sensible Soccer (amiga)
Cannon Fodder (amiga)
Resident Evil (the first 3) (ps)

Other Games I played to death include Tenchu Stealth Assains, Command and Conquer, The Witcher, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Tursimo and Age of Empires.

Godzillaman 08

Ok finally here is my list. I think I agree with it, it most likely will change in the future and there might be games i lime better than others, but overall I agree with it.
1. Bioshock
2. Skyrim
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Fallout New Vegas
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Fallout 3
8. Bioshock 2
9. Metroid Prime
10. Pac Man World 2
11. Team Fortress 2
12. Super Mario RPG
13. Dead Space
14. Pac Man World
15. Halo Reach
16. Portal 2
17. Star Wars Battlefront 2
18. Super Metroid
19. Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
20. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Honorable mentions Castle Crashers, Dead Space 2, Garry's Mod, MW2, Oblivion.

Two Bears

Two lists.

I. What I think are the 20 greatest video games of all time (no particular order, just semi-chronological):

1. Ultima III: Exodus
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Contra
4. Metroid
5. Megaman 2
6. Super Mario Brothers 3
7. System Shock
8. Street Fighter II
9. Goldeneye 64
10. Shogun: Total War
11. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
12. Fallout 2
13. Janes 688(i)
14. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
15. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
16. Rome: Total War
17. Bioshock
18. Fallout 3
19. Street Fighter IV
20. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

II. My "desert island" list of 10 games I would not want to be without (again, no particular order):

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator X
2. Dangerous Waters
3. Fallout 3
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
7. Street Fighter IV
8. Shogun II: Total War
9. Silent Hunter III
10. Kerbal Space Program

sticky runes

In no particular order...

1: Skyrim (PS3): This game needs no introduction!

2: Suikoden 2 (PS1): Beautiful JRPG with a vast range of characters, and a deep story exploring themes of love, trust and betrayal. It's an RPG that focuses on war and politics rather than dark magic taking over the world and stuff. I love all of the games in this series, but this one is extra special because a lot of the dialogue often changed, depending on which characters you took along on certain missions. This really adds to the game's replay value, it's a really engaging RPG that keeps you hooked from start to finish.

3: Age of Mythology (PC): The only PC game I've ever really got into. I just don't use my PC for gaming. It's also the only RTS game I've ever played, as I've been a lover of Mythology for years, and this game really brings the myths to life. Build towns and temples and fortresses. Raise an army of soldiers and mythical monsters and heroes to fight alongside them. Invoke god powers. Tend farmlands and set up markets to build an economy. Play the story mode or set up your own custom game. Loads of fun!

4: Adventures of Alundra (PS1): This was an adventure game that was intentionally a rip-off of Zelda to appeal to fans of Zelda 3 on the Super NES. And to be honest, it's better than any Zelda game I've ever played. It's got a similar premise - you're this elf hero who has to seek out the help of 7 guardians and find magical weapons and items to overcome a lot of the puzzles, but this game really put the focus on the villagers who you are helping. you really get to know each of the villagers personally - kind of like a soap opera! And you explore loads of challenging dungeons in the waking world and dream world. It's not a very happy story either - lots of your friends get killed off in horrible ways!

5: Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2): A RE game that shows us the Raccoon City incident from the perspective of the civilians. It starts off like a normal evening - a group of strangers are enjoying a beer after work, then suddenly the pub is attacked by zombies, and you're thrown straight into this nightmare where you have to use your character's skilled to survive. Fight your way through the streets of Raccoon City, Explore the underground facility, escape from the hospital and the burning hotel and finally try to find a cure for the T-Virus in the Raccoon University. Lots of different endings to discover depending on how you play, and beautiful cut scenes.

6: Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (PS2): Outbreak's sister game which gives extra scenarios, including a zoo full of infected animals, a subway crawling with zombies and monsters, an abandoned creepy hospital in Raccoon forest, the RPD police station (which gives us a prequel to events in RE2!) and an alternative ending scenario where you help Umbrella's employees try to escape and hopefully cure the virus. Gaming mechanics have been beefed up, with the ability to move while aiming and shooting. Plus elimination sub-games!

7: Vandal Hearts (PS1): Turn based RPG with battles set up on maps like a board game. As your characters become stronger through combat, you can upgrade their skills and abilities by giving them a new class. The story is just as engaging as the gameplay - you're fighting to avert a catastrophy from taring the world apart, and along the way, new characters join you and you learn a bit more about their past and how they fit into the story. The battle maps are a lot of fun - with villages beseiged by monsters, haunted ruins, heavily guarded strongholds and even skirmishes in other worlds.

8: Breath of Fire III (PS1): another beautiful JRPG from the PS1 era, this one features a small cast of characters who come together and want to learn the truth about why the dragons were driven to extinction. We're not saving the world or trying to liberate the land from tyranny, we're really just going on a long voyage of self-discovery. Along the way, we get to discover lots of different spells and skills, and use the master/pupil system to shape each character's attributes in combat. Very cute anime graphics and an adventure that manages to grab you and pull you in.

9: Suikoden Tactics (PS2): A spin-off game from the Suikoden series, this one admittedly has a crap story, but it's just so much fun! Instead of random encounters, you have maps where you set up your characters and have to use tactics to overcome your enemies. Suikoden's rune magic system works very well for this game, as some spells and weapon techniques let you damage different line ups of enemies. the interaction is very cool, as characters can actually chat with each other during combat, and doing this enables them to work better alongside each other - they can use combination attacks or defend their buddies when they are in trouble.

10: Suikoden IV (PS2): Yet another game from the Suikoden series, this was actually the least popular in the series, and quite rightly so, because the story wasn't developed as richly as the other games. But it does have it's good points. This game takes place on the high seas, and we gather heroes from all around the islands to help drive back an enemy invasion. The main character is afflicted with a cursed rune that drains his life force a bit at a time, and as the story progresses, we learn more about the rune's tragic history and how it affects the islands. There are some nice mechanics, including customizable sets of armour and sub games to earn prizes and strengthen your characters. Cutscenes have great voice acting and the beautiful seafaring soundtrack really gets me in the mood for a pleasant and unique adventure!

Galanolth117

Forum Noob and Sweetroll Stealer
Are we counting Indie Games ? I hope so
1-IB (Indie game )
2- Skyrim of course!
3-Dragonball Ultimate Tenchaiki
4-The legend of zelda Twilight princess
5-TLOZ Ocarina of time :)
6- Fallout new vegas
7-Pokemon (Ruby +Saphire )
8- Red dead redemtion
9-Dead island
10-Starcraft

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Hmmmm.... Mine would have to be:

1. Skyrim
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Assassin's Creed 1
5. DiRT 3
6. The Sims 3
7. Brutal Legend
8. Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood
9. WRC 3
10. Driver 3

(Just noticed that there are A LOT of 3's hahaha)

Godzillaman 08

Hmmmm.... Mine would have to be:

1. Skyrim
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Assassin's Creed 1
5. DiRT 3
6. The Sims 3
7. Brutal Legend
8. Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood
9. WRC 3
10. Driver 3

(Just noticed that there are A LOT of 3's hahaha)

Just wish valve would make a certain game with a 3 in it......

Mookie

1. Skyrim
2. Hearts of Iron 2/3
3. Call of Duty MW; MW1, MW2, MW3
4. Rise of Nations
5. Battlestations Midway/Pacific
6. Silent Hunter 3
7. Sims 3
8. Rome Total War
9. Shogun 2 Total war
10. Medieval 2 Total war

All are equaly awesome and the numbers dont measure their awesomness.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
From most favorite to least :

1. Far Cry 3
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Dishonored
4. Call of Duty : Black Ops 2
5. Skyrim
6. Call of Duty : MW 3
7. Dragonball Z : Budokai HD Collection
8. Team Fortress 2
9. Terraria
10. Assassins Creed 3

Docta Corvina

Wow, I feel a bit...old with my "Top 10 of all time" list. But that's okay. :p

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

(After #1, the rest are in no particular order)

2. Final Fantasy Tactics (the original, I haven't experienced the War of the Lions remake)
3. Red Dead Redemption (If you haven't played this game, you're seriously missing out)
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Final Fantasy VII
6. Final Fantasy X (voice over/lip-syncing travesties and some fairly concerning plot holes aside, the commentary on religion is brilliant)
7. Final Fantasy XII
8. Skyrim (Derp.)
9. Resident Evil 4
10. StarFox 64 (An oldie but STILL a goodie!)

Two Bears

Wow, I feel a bit...old with my "Top 10 of all time" list. But that's okay. :p

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Absolutely the best title in the series. I have the release pack with the tee shirt and all from 1998.

10. StarFox 64 (An oldie but STILL a goodie!)

God, the hours we all killed in the dorms in college playing StarFox and Goldeneye.

Karen

boop.
6. Final Fantasy X (the commentary on religion is brilliant)
I almost wrote a paper on that last term! Couldn't find enough sources to cite though, so I went with orientalism/occidentalism in Skyrim instead.

Docta Corvina

I almost wrote a paper on that last term! Couldn't find enough sources to cite though, so I went with orientalism/occidentalism in Skyrim instead.

That is fantastically epic to hear! :D I have long wanted to write such a paper on FFX myself. I still might one day, for my own purposes. Just to do so, to explore it all intellectually. Because the material is so ready, so accessible and prominent. So much symbolism packed into it - it's too bad so many people get overly hung up on the flaws and miss the gold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts