18+ Thy Flesh Consumed (OOC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Hello all, this RP sounds quite interesting and I'm wondering if there are any slots still open for a new character? I have a CC made up if you would like to see it as well.

Therin

Kir, you mention an "unknown disease" in the first post. I would like to use that in my first post; do you have any specific symptoms of this disease or should I make some up myself?

Andre, two spots are open for female characters only.

Andre Marek

Two female characters eh? Hmm, damn I don't actually have any other characters besides Marek.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    sorry man, and there's a rule against males using female characters anyhow, i faced the issue when i tried to use my female Khajiit. Post a CC just to give kir an idea of who you were wanting to submit, i cannot speak for him but if it is interesting he may allow it or expand the cast of the actual RP or something, i just feel wrong if you dont even get to post a CC for it, but once again, i have no actual say so in the RP as i am just another character, all the decisions are up to Kir.

Andre Marek

Yeah I was hoping to get Marek into this since tracking people down is kinda what he's all about. I guess I can post his CC if its cool with everybody here?

Andre Marek

Well I hope no one hates me for it but here it is for your consideration. The Sample is from the thread Reforging and Empire by Simus.

Name: Andre Marek

Sex: Male

Race: Nord

Birthplace: Imperial City, Cyrodiil

Current Residence: None

Alliances or Affiliations: Has ties to the Thieves Guild, mostly for information gathering purposes. Occasionally interacts with the Dark Brotherhood.

Appearance: Andre Marek is 6’4” and has a lean, muscular build, broad shoulders and a tanned complexion. He has dark brown hair that he keeps cut brutally short. His eyes are a pale grey. Marek sports a long scar on his left cheek, which stretches from the left corner of his mouth to just before his left ear.

Apparel: Black pants and tunic worn under a light weight black leather vest which is additionally reinforced with darkened steel plates on the chest and stomach areas as well as covering his shoulders, collarbone, and back. On his limbs Marek wears gauntlets and grieves of the same darkened steel. Protecting his upper legs is a heavy black leather kama (A kama is a long skirt-like piece of armor which hangs from the belt down to just below the knees. The front is parted to allow for freedom of movement to the wearer.) In place of a helmet he wears a black hood and often hides his features underneath a close fitting mask on the lower half of his face.

Personality: Marek is often described as being stoic, rarely ever allowing others to read his emotions by hiding behind an inscrutable expression of disdain for those around him. He has little patience for anyone, even his employers. Being a bounty hunter by trade, he has no compunctions about violence although he does not always resort to it if an alternative presents itself. Years of negotiating contracts and vying for information from shady underworld associates have sharpened his tongue to the point where he can verbally parry with even the most adept. Marek is very intelligent and enjoys outsmarting his rivals as well as his quarry. There is rarely a situation which he cannot turn in his favour, or in the very least, survive. He has no racial prejudices but he harbours a deep seated hatred and distrust of magic and is slow to trust those who wield it.

History:Andre Marek was born into a Nordic family living in Cyrodiil before the Great War. During his childhood his father who was a member of the Imperial Legion, taught him how to handle a sword as well as started him hunting. He was in fact out hunting on the day that his family was killed by the elves and has since harboured a bitter resentment of the Dominion. During the war he saw firsthand the kind of destruction that magic users could unleash, having witnessed Thalmor Agents slaughter whole villages. He vowed that he would never become tainted by what he saw as unnatural and wholly evil powers. After the fighting died down and the Empire signed the White Gold Concordat, he took to traveling between the cities of Cyrodiil and offering his services as a bounty hunter to track down and return fleeing fugitives. During this time he discovered the identities of the Thalmor who had killed his parents. After tracking the agents for several days they became aware of his presence, captured Marek and subjected him to cruel tortures both magical and otherwise. The agents decided that he knew nothing of value and left him for dead. After stumbling through the woods for a whole night barely alive he collapsed in a farmer’s field. When the farmer discovered him he offered him a place to stay and recover. When he was recovered enough to continue his job as a bounty hunter, he set out to become strong enough to one day kill the Agents responsible. Mareks abilities quickly earned him many contracts with several members of the Imperial courts. Many of the contracts were capture only, forcing Marek to learn new ways to apprehend his quarry. After hearing of the impending war in Skyrim he decided to travel north in the hopes of making his fortune capturing fugitives and hopefully discover the whereabouts of his parents killers. After several years of searching the province he eventually discovered the location of the Thalmor agents. This time he showed no quarter. Marek killed the agents during the final hours of Skyrim’s civil war, thus ending his crusade. He now seeks employment with the various Jarls throughout Skyrim and has been collecting the odd bounty from time to time while he seeks real work again. Having heard tell of the happenings in the rift, Marek has decided to travel to Riften in order to offer his services in the finding of the mysterious man connected to the events of late. He is currently on the road between Whiterun and Riften

Roleplay Sample: Marek watched the girl walk up the stairs and disappear. Her self confidence was breathtaking, not to mention stupid. She acted as though she was the only person in the world to have ever killed before and her easy dismissal of Marek showed him just how little she thought of him. It was a potentially fatal mistake on her part. Marek knew the consequences of underestimating an opponent far too well. It was a lesson he had learned long ago when he had first attempted to kill the Thalmor responsible for his parents deaths.

The girl was a good liar there was no doubt about it, but she had slipped up by saying that she knew which house the rebels were in. The fact that she both already knew of their existence and that she had found out where they were located was a pretty good indication that she was indeed looking for them. Perhaps she only wished to join. Marek decided he would have to try something other than intimidation if he wanted to draw the girl out into the open. As soon she was out of sight Marek got up and situated himself near the bottom of the stairs where he could easily surprise anybody who came down them.

------

Marek didn't have to wait too long. After little more than an hour he heard footsteps on the staircase. Keeran, looking tired and disheveled, walked past Marek and headed through the crowd towards the door. Marek followed him while pulling his dagger from his belt and hiding the blade against his forearm. As soon as Keeran opened the door Marek was standing behind him with a hand on the mans shoulder and his dagger pressed against his back.

"Right," growled Marek pushing the confused man towards the indicated side of the inn where the shadows were dark as pitch.

"What th- ...." Marek reached around and placed his hand over Keerans mouth, "Not a word Keeran, we're going to have a little chat about your lady friend. Nod if you understand." He nodded.

Marek directed Keeran over to the side of the inn and shoved him hard into the wall. Keeran stumbled and struck the wall before slumping to the ground. Marek drew his sword and placed the tip in the bretons collar bone. Keeran froze and looked up at the figure looming over him. "Wh... who a... are you? What do you want?" As his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness Keeran suddenly recognized Marek. "Mr. Marek...? What the hell? What do you want to know about Shadari?" The man looked angrily up at Marek and went to brush away the sword at his throat.

"Ah... Don't," Marek pushed the sword down a tiny bit, drawing a crimson bead of blood from Keerans skin, "Tell me why you were meeting... Shadari is it? Tell me everything or mine is the last face you'll see Keeran." Marek lowered his voice threateningly. He doubted that this coward would be able to find the courage to lie to him.

Keeran looked confused again before he blurted out, "We were... That is I, well... Actually she..." He paused and sucked in a breath before he seemed to focus, "She asked me too keep an eye out for someone, a mage by the name of Blackstone. I've been passing her information on him lately and I just heard that he was on his way to Whiterun so I came to see her." Keeran sat up a little bit but didn't try for the sword again, "Whats your problem Marek? Does she have a hit out on her or something? Is that why you're so interested in her?"

She might if she isn't careful, he thought darkly. "And why is this mage of hers coming to Whiterun Keeran. Are they friends or enemies?"

"If I tell you, you let me go," Keeran was nothing if not objective.

Marek stared down at the man, "If you don't tell me, then you have my personal guarantee that you won't make the gates alive. You don't have any leverage here Keeran. If I don't get the information from you then I'll find someone else. Now answer me."

"Alright, fine, fine!" His eyes went wide and he swallowed hard, "Blackstone has joined Ulfric and since Ulfric is coming to Whiterun Blackstone is as well. Happy now?" "Quite." said Marek flatly, sheathing his sword, "Get up and follow me," Marek reached down, grabbed Keeran by the arm and hauled him to his feet. Pulling the man along beside him he headed out towards the market where two guardsmen were standing watch. "Soldier! Take this man to the jail. He is an enemy of the hold and I want him secured." The two men looked from Marek to Keeran before nodding and taking a hold of an arm each.

"What the hell?! Marek whats wrong with you? What did I say wrong? MAREK!!" Keeran continued to yell as the guards took him away.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    MAREK! Well if it was up to me, you'd be in. I'm sure Zah'Nivani would find him...Delicious.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    I think Kir is looking for female role players now. At least I think that is what he mentioned earlier. Not sure.

Andre Marek

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts