• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

frost_troll

Is it just me who gets scared by this island? I don't know whether it's because I am only level 26 or the fact it is infact darker and scarier. Tell me your thoughts!

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Well, it is supposed to be a little more depressing simply because Solstheim is basically a refugee camp or area for the Dunmer, who lost their homes due to the eruption of the red mountain. Not to mention, that the effects of the eruption leave their mark on Solstheim as well with all of the ash it brings.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I was in Solstheim doing the dlc main quest line and the craziest thing happened, I ran into a dragon and killed it. That's not strange, but Miraak appeared and stole the dragon's soul right under my nose!!!! And there was nothing I could do about it, I couldn't hit him or anything it sucked! Then he just disappeared with my dragon soul. Now I am most determined to kill him with all my might.

JClarke1953

I like the quests on Solsthiem, especially going after Mirrak! I made freeing the people, a priority, then went after him.

I think the Dragon riding could have been more "flowing" in that all it does is circle an area. But, you are allowed to move your flight pattern.

frost_troll

I like the quests on Solsthiem, especially going after Mirrak! I made freeing the people, a priority, then went after him.

I think the Dragon riding could have been more "flowing" in that all it does is circle an area. But, you are allowed to move your flight pattern.

Hey! I haven't got to that part yet ;)

Chadonraz

Solstheim is definitely more dangerous and challenging than Skyrim. It also has an entirely different atmosphere and general feeling, which (unsurprisingly) remind me of Morrowind. I really do feel like an outlander when I'm there, and I like that.

Apocrypha is yet another world of its own... creepy as can be.

I know I still haven't found half of Solstheim's secrets. The island may be small, but there's still tons and tons of stuff to discover and explore.

All in all, I'd say Dragonborn is my favourite Skyrim DLC. I really like all the new abilities, Shouts and bonuses in addition to the land and the quests.

Despite all that, it's always wonderful to return to cold and harsh Skyrim. <3
Even when the loading screen is immediately followed by a dragon attack. :bluedragon:

JClarke1953

As much as I enjoy Sol, my true home is in Riften. Even though the Thieves Guild is there, they are becoming les and less of a problem. And my friends there, even Grekka in the marketplace I like seeing. It's too bad there's little I'm allowed to do as far as the Guild. Mjol and I could easily dispatch them.

Lucid

I like the Deathbrand quest:
when I got to his treasure room my eye nearly popped out of their sockts! all that GOLD and it's MINE!

So much "Yes" to this! Love the armor, love everything, so much payout for relatively little effort (as in, I've worked harder for much less in Skyrim). The first time I saw it I was dying to recreate the scene on the ground floor of Proudspire Manor and was sorely disappointed. I did the quest with another character recently and decided not to be greedy. I sold the key in Raven Rock, imagining that a future treasure hunter would get the same experience.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I like the Deathbrand quest:
when I got to his treasure room my eye nearly popped out of their sockts! all that GOLD and it's MINE!

So much "Yes" to this! Love the armor, love everything, so much payout for relatively little effort (as in, I've worked harder for much less in Skyrim). The first time I saw it I was dying to recreate the scene on the ground floor of Proudspire Manor and was sorely disappointed. I did the quest with another character recently and decided not to be greedy. I sold the key in Raven Rock, imagining that a future treasure hunter would get the same experience.

You sold the key?:eek: Na-ah.. that stuff is all mine! (I think I was a pirate in a former life)

Lucid

You sold the key?:eek: Na-ah.. that stuff is all mine! (I think I was a pirate in a former life)

I usually keep everything like that, but I'm trying a character who isn't motivated by coin. She does little to no looting at all. It's an interesting change. That makes Solstheim a little challenging to play for her, there are limited "fetch" quests where I can feel like she's helping people.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts