• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I played Oblivion when it first came out, I was around 6-7 years old, I really only played it to attack the guards and mess my dad's progress up at that time. I started religiously playing it when I got my own Xbox in 2008 and I was a little older, I loved it, and Oblivion still holds the title of my favorite game. BUT the gates, the damned gates, they got no love from me. At first, it was really cool! "WOAH sweet, hellish looking sky, cool looking gate, monsters!" and then when you close the gate, you feel so accomplished and cool, you also get the sigil stone. Though after the second or third gate, they become a total drag. As previously stated in the posts above mine, same layouts, same creatures, same general idea on how to close the gate "This pl*** again? fl*ff this I'm not doing that." I would say to myself, as I stormed out of the area and went to go kill bandits in Bravil and whatnot. I love Oblivion, and always will, best environment and scenery in my opinion, best musical soundtrack, most interesting (though tedious) questline, and the gates surely contribute a lot to that.
Indeed. I initially made this post when I was still new to the game. Now, I mostly avoid them, but still admire them from afar. :beermug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts