Thinking about getting TESO and a Gaming PC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Rimfaxe96

Can't give you any advice about gaming computers 'cause when I bought mine we simply went to the store and asked for the best they had.
And even if you're not going to buy TESO; a gaming computer is always worth its money! I see pages with people complaining about bugs and long waiting screens and even though my computer will hit the 2 year mark soon everything runs smoothly with barely more than 5 seconds to wait!

Single player games always play with the best graphic settings as well of course. So yeah, investing in a gaming computer is definitely a good thing to do.

Rimfaxe96

TESO only requires the launcher from Zenimax. A tough b!tch to download, but everything's better than Steam really.

Tyer032392

Hey there Daelon DuLac: I have just come across your thread and decided to give you some insight to gaming PC, even if you have already bought that one.

CPU (Central Processing Unit): The FX 4300 is fairly old now compared to the newer FX series, you are better off getting the FX-8350. It's an Octo-core CPU clocked at 4.0 Ghz and is compatible with the same socket that the 4300 is, (AM3+).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=fx_8350-_-19-113-284-_-Product

PSU (Power Supply Unit): Having a good PSU will be recommended if you plan on having multiple GPU (Graphic Processing Units) in Crossfire form, and the NVidia equivalent. Crossfire basically means that you can use multiple GPUs in the PCIe3 x 16 slots and have upwards of 8 Gig of VRAM (Video Random Access Memory). I recommend a 750 at lowest with Gold rating certified.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182073: I myself use this one, and it is a great PSU.

Ram: usually, the more RAM, the better, especially if you are using a 32 or 64 Bit OS. I wouldn't go more than 16 Gigs though, and depending on the Motherboard, you'll need to know what type you'll need.

Motherboard: It only has one PCIe x16 slot, so you'll need a new MoBo if you want multiple GPU's.

GPU: That GPU is very dated, so will not Run Skyrim well at all with just 1 Gig of dedicated VRAM. Most games now a-days require more that one, usually 2, so I suggest getting an AMD Radeon 7850 which is far more powerful than the 6450. If possible, either get the 7870, or 7900 series. If you have extra money to spend, I would recommend the NVidia Gtx 770 Super Clocked Edition which is near the best card on the market at the moment.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921&cm_re=GTX_770-_-14-130-921-_-Product

Case: The case is Ok, but you'll want a full tower for multiple GPU's.

For a few hundred more, you can have a system twice as powerful as that one, and last a fairly good time, longer than the current (Next) Gen systems that is.