• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
Is it worth it? I am getting somewhat bored with the base game, and I've heard that the crossbows are just awesome. From what my friend tells me, the storyline is amazing and quite fun... But, at the same time, I can't help but feel a little reluctant, if only for the fact that I'm somewhat of a chrematophobe. So, is Dawnguard worth it?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Big word! I had to look it up. Never had that problem myself. I just say I'm cheap!

To answer: yes, it is worth it. And it isn't just crossbows. There are vampires, added quests, huge areas to explore, vampires, new critters, actual Snow elves! Get Dragonborn too, yet more to do and much new cool stuff. Unless you're in to real RP though (families, homes, children, etc...) don't bother w/Hearthfire though (don't get me wrong - I luv that one too).

CaptMorgan72

Oh yeah, totally worth it. If you're playing on the pc, tons of mods to play with. If you're playing on the console, there is the king of all mod saves, Dovahgolt.

Daelon DuLac

Oh yeah, totally worth it. If you're playing on the pc, tons of mods to play with. If you're playing on the console, there is the king of all mod saves, Dovahgolt.
What on earth is Dovahgolt and what does it have to do with consoles (I'm guessing xBox since no mods work on PS3).

Daelon DuLac

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
I'm not that keen on Dawnguard. It's hard to describe what I dislike about the story without spoilers, but I don't like the story. A lot of what the characters are doing doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I think that Serana, the main NPC in the story, contributes pretty massively to the general crappiness of the plot. Also, having Dawnguard installed tends to kill off NPCs, which I really hate.

That said, I like the non-story stuff that comes along with Dawnguard. The crossbows are nifty. The new Restoration spells are nice. There are some interesting new locations. I don't feel ripped off for having bought Dawnguard, but the story was very disappointing to me.

And of course lots of people like Dawnguard, so my opinion should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

J

Jeremius

Do not bother, the vampire attacks will kill any enjoyment of the DLC.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts