• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
That line about Taco Bell is the most convincing reason to smoke weed I've ever heard... but it's not for me. If you can snoke responsibly, more power to you mate.

I will never ever try to convince anyone to smoke, but this brings up an interesting story about me that I feel inclined to share. I find it that some people's perspectives can change over time. I'm not sure how old you are, and I'll be respectful enough not to ask. But when I was wittle Freshman in High School just 2 years ago, I was always like, "I will never ever never smoke or drink in my entire life never." To me, all things were bad, and I was an angel, and will therefore do no bad things.

I still refuse to drink, I've done so before and hated it, and I continue to question the motives of my peers. I don't know about anywhere else, but my generation over in Massachusetts deem it necessary to get blackout drunk in order to have a good time at parties. I don't see the point, you sweat, slur, can't walk, and you throw up everything you ever ate the morning after, oh, and you can't remember all the "fun" you had.

Obviously media and all that crap was what made me believe weed is so bad at first. My parents never really gave a drug/alcohol conversation because I never gave them a reason to. My sophomore year of High School all of the students in my grade were to take a mandatory drug and alcohol seminar with this older dude who was previously a cocaine addict. Everyone was dreading this as it took up our lunch period a couple of days a week for 2 weeks but he was a fluffing awesome guy. He taught us every basic thing one could know about different drugs. He had a policy that he made the school sign that he was to never give out any information any student ever shared in the class, and after a few quick days of getting comfortable all of these people in my class began to talk about the drugs and alcohol they have used and their experience with them. With us being in High School, the popular drug was weed, with some dabbling around with perks. Man was I surprised that there were some brilliant kids in the national honor society and who took AP courses that smoked weed on the regular.

Anyways, after sharing these the whole class instantly became a whole discussion around whether weed was good or bad, and whether it deserved to be included in the same category as cocaine, heroin, and salvia. A lot of people began to share their thoughts and their beliefs on the title that the media and government put on weed (a "gateway drug") and the guy never argued with anyone, all he did was say whether the facts anyone stated were true or false.

The seminar was great, the best I'll probably ever experience. However I don't want to say that it was the reason why I started smoking. However, it is reason that I today always research and look up anything and everything I ever have questions about, whether it be drugs or anything else. So that I never look like an idiot and ranting about things that are simply not true.

I still didn't smoke weed for a long while after that, I did however suddenly become "The Guardian of Stoners" (as I liked to call myself, in my mind). Whenever somebody were to ever begin to go off on how marijuana was evil and terrible and was a gateway drug, I would always step in and correct there ignorance and shine a new light in hopes of giving them a good perspective.

My three best friends were great athletes and great students. However they were also the biggest stoners in my tonw. Two of them went to the public school in my town, who were both sold, and my best friend goes to the same catholic private school as me, who would later sell. They had definitely been pressuring me to try it for a long long time, for years, actually. I never did it, as much as I knew about it, I would be so self conscious about how people would label me, and especially how my parents would, and how they would act if ever they were to find out I ever tried to smoke, even once.

Well, I eventually did, and I loved it. And I have been doing it ever since. I did it very sneakily at first, but eventually sat my mother and my step-father down and told them how it is. They even shared their experiences with it when they were in high school, and I continued to bombard them with facts thinking they would end the conversation by condoning me from doing it anymore. But they didn't. They knew that many high schoolers experienced with it, and as much as they would rather me not do it, they think I'm mature enough to know my limits with it. They only promised that I continued to keep my grades up and if I were ever in a situation in which it would be unsafe for anybody to drive, no matter where we were and what time it was, I was to call them. That was it. I haven't broken those two rules, I never smoke on school nights because that's stupid (however, over April break I smoked like a chimney :p).

Wow, that was long, but it feels good to share experiences. My main point I was trying to get at which I mentioned before was that a perspectives change, with anything. You may think one thing one time and maybe another thing the next. I completely respect and agree with your opinion, it's not you. You're not about that, and that's fine. I just hope that you don't look at anybody who does do it with a stink eye, as if they're doing something wrong by doing it. I've always been a person who was more comfortable with a smaller group of friends hanging out rather than a large group. Because of this I started my college search focusing around a smaller environment to fit my comfort zone. I visited a lot of Colleges over the vacation (visited during the day, smoked at night :p) and there was one College that was one of the biggest in Massachusetts, and was known for it's large parties. Holding 22,000 people, I was going in very skeptical. But I fell in love with it. It holds the majors I'm interested in pursuing as a career, and it completely changed my perspective. I already know where I want to go for College now!

Aww jeez, I feel really wierd posting all this... but whatever. Hope somebody maybe gets something out of this.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I don't really oppose it. I just don't like how it's a "gateway" to other, much more harmful and addictive, drugs. Beyond that, nothing I can find particularly wrong with it. So, if you can smoke responsibly, more power to you.

Gunnbjorn

I don't really oppose it. I just don't like how it's a "gateway" to other, much more harmful and addictive, drugs. Beyond that, nothing I can find particularly wrong with it. So, if you can smoke responsibly, more power to you.

Legal weed is not a gateway drug, illegal weed is for sure. Its not weed itself that causes kids to try new drugs, it's the atmosphere they associate with it. In the current situation, many hard drugs are in relatively close proximity if not the same place as where tree is being sold. If legalized, you would be removing the ease of access to hard drugs and the pressure to try other drugs. In short, you can't buy heroin in a dispensary.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
Well, Gunnbjorn, You're a real man for coming out and saying it. Most weed people would be too stoned to even write that post. But you know what your doing, you know your limits, and your not 'abusing' your right. Good on ya, mate.

Gunnbjorn

Well, Gunnbjorn, You're a real man for coming out and saying it. Most weed people would be too stoned to even write that post. But you know what your doing, you know your limits, and your not 'abusing' your right. Good on ya, mate.

Maybe not too stoned, but most just don't care. Whether it be legal or illegal they will still smoke, and they don't care how people view them. I do, unfortunately. I try to defend myself because I care how people view me, and I also defend everyone else that does it because we are mostly criticized by people who say things that are simply not true and they don't know what they're talking about. Many of these people are mindless with the thinking of, "Oh, well if TV and the Government label weed as bad, then I think so too, and will therefore look down upon all who smoke it."

I've met very few people who have debated with an open mind and with logic in their words. Usually the main jab is that weed makes people irresponsible. Which is untrue, it just looks that way. It's the people you have to blame, they simply don't have their priorities straight. If they would rather spend their week's paycheck on weed rather than paying the bills, that's not the weed's fault, that's the person's fault. It's just like choosing to play video games all night rather than studying for your test or going out drinking with your friends instead of spending time with your wife.

Don't blame an object for what a person chooses to do, there are many responsible weed smokers, beer drinkers, and video-gamers out there who have made school, work, family, etc. the main focus, and then weed, beer, and video-games as a secondary they can do when they're finished with their priorities.

This whole thing can also be attached to why weed isn't a gateway drug as well, it's all about how responsible you are, and whether or not you're easily influenced by others to not be able to make the logical decision. Nobody has ever smoked a joint and then went, "Hmmm, I think I'll try meth next."

Just look at Wiz Khalifa. He's been smoking weed since he was like 13 years old.... he spend like 10,000 on rolling papers alone, and has hired chemists to make his weed for him. He smokes so much that he's in this mental state in which he's always high. He is very public about his marijuana smoking, and after doing it for 12 years, he's said himself in an interview that he only ever smokes weed, and has no desire to do any other drug...

Just an example.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Weed.

I'm not trying to boast, act cool, or start any debates/arguments.

For me I find the best times are when I'm chilling with my friends and passing a few around. Everything becomes colorful and exciting, everyone becomes philosophers, and the only effects are a bad case of the giggles, a very hungry stomach, and a new ear to music.

I'm not a bum, or a stoner (well, maybe). I have my life in order, my priorities set, and I know my responsibilities. It isn't something that I rely on to be happy, it's just a good tool to help bring close relationships even closer.

Not to mention it makes even Taco Bell taste like the last fluffing supper.

Cokes better and I aint talking about the fizzy drink ;)

jlikes08

Weed. I'm not big with alcohol, probably since I'm of age, so I need some way to unwind or else my gaming takes a toll. And THAT... is not okay ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
^ I just disagree, that's all. not gonna put too much out there. I can't really smoke anyways since I have asthma.

anyways, one of my most favorite things is ... well this kinda gives away my generic location but oh boo hoo.

My favorite moment was when I was fishing at Catalina island on my families boat, listening to the gentle brushes of water on the shore not thirty feet off, and watching the sunset while my brother talks about how slimy the octopus he's chopping up for bate is. I caught three fish that day. It sounds really corny but I really liked it... Also I loved jumping straight out of bed and into the ocean within ten seconds. I even saw a manta ray under our boat once, it was gliding around like "WATTAP PPLZ"...haha. I love sailing in general.

Gunnbjorn

Weed. I'm not big with alcohol, probably since I'm of age, so I need some way to unwind or else my gaming takes a toll. And THAT... is not okay ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I can't play video games when I'm high :p I get too distracted with everything else.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
This is rather andom but I love how today, when I was at my Grandparents ( We call them Nunnu and Nunna, due to our Maltese background ) And my dog Darcy had ripped one of the legs on my pyjamas, the day before. I had them at my grandparents and they told me to get the scissors and bring the Clothes.. And then they ended up cutting them into pieces for rags... and the funniest part was they said 'They'll make good rags, these' BUT THOSE WHERE GOOD PJ'S!

Also they're the only people I know that put giant plastic bags inside the recycling bins ( Those big green ones outside ) So it's like a standard rubbish bin inside your house... It's hilarious....

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
10 pounds down, 10 to go! I worked out this morning for the first time in a VERY long time. I'm super out of shape, but it felt good.

^^ This right here, this is awesome :D

Keeping in line with that train of thought , I love looking at old pictures of myself and seeing how much weight I have shifted :D

189836_1448112781220_6782053_n.jpg

71466_325220277599710_820291281_n.jpg
That was about 2 months ago
I've put on a bit more muscle since then but I don't have a more recent pic :D

MagicBlade

Instinctive
Good on ya, Sherlock. Good job and keep it up! Good to see people actually worrying about their weight rather than just being 'Oh well, nothing I can do about it' Great Job :D

Gunnbjorn

This is rather andom but I love how today, when I was at my Grandparents ( We call them Nunnu and Nunna, due to our Maltese background ) And my dog Darcy had ripped one of the legs on my pyjamas, the day before. I had them at my grandparents and they told me to get the scissors and bring the Clothes.. And then they ended up cutting them into pieces for rags... and the funniest part was they said 'They'll make good rags, these' BUT THOSE WHERE GOOD PJ'S!

Also they're the only people I know that put giant plastic bags inside the recycling bins ( Those big green ones outside ) So it's like a standard rubbish bin inside your house... It's hilarious....

Do you reddit?

AS88

Staff member
Today, I watched my team get relegated from League 1 (the 3rd tier of English football). It was the last game of the season, and to stay up, we had to win and another team had to lose. We did win 3-1, but the other team won, too, which means we'll be playing in League 2 next year :sadface: Never mind though, it's a chance to rebuild with a fresh nucleus of new players, shed some unnecessary spending (ie, overpaying useless players :p ) and come back a better football club.

Here's a couple of pictures from earlier :)

IMAG02071_zpsc4ad1606.jpg

IMAG02081_zps1861fe0d.jpg

Irish

Thane of Solitude
My awesome neighbor who is lending me his rototiller so I can get my vegetable and flower gardens ready. Eek, I'm so excited! (See what happens when you get old, kids? You get excited about stuff like gardening :p )

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts