Info The Writers Guild * Assistance request thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

solace84

God of the Arena
    hey I need some assistance from someone. In my RP our journey is now taking us to Morrowind to the eastern shores to fight some ships approaching from Akavir. Anyway, I've never played and know nothing about Morrowind, so could someone please describe the landscape for it? It would be much appreciated as I like to write in detail, the only thing I know is there was a mountain that blew up.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    hey I need some assistance from someone. In my RP our journey is now taking us to Morrowind to the eastern shores to fight some ships approaching from Akavir. Anyway, I've never played and know nothing about Morrowind, so could someone please describe the landscape for it? It would be much appreciated as I like to write in detail, the only thing I know is there was a mountain that blew up.
    Too true, and at the moment in time Morrowind even the northern coast would be covered in a thick volacanic ash layer.
    Morrowind.jpg

But at one time it looked like this
    Morrowind-Compendium-2011-Screen-3.jpg

Shew

According to lore I can find, you will encounter ash, and small to large volcano's the whole of Morrowind.

Shew

What ever help I can provide, for example if your gonna rp perhaps we can private message your posts and I can help translate your stuff into english.
    good , i might need your help cuz my English is bad :sadface:

Google

Hello Everyone. My name is Google. :D

You can normally find me eithar Roleplaying, relaxing at the shoutbox, or looking through the General Discussion threads.

I offer my assistance with brainstroming, be it Roleplaying characters, Fanfiction ideas, or General Discussion questions. I can easily find information for you through the internet if needed. I should be able to find a link to something that could help you out.

I hope you all enjoy your stay at the forums, and remember to have fun and ask for assistance when needed. Thats what we Writers Guild members are here for.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Hello there! I'm Znowcicle, but you can call me Znow or even Z if you prefer.

I spend a lot of time in the role-playing section of these forums, but I do venture to take a look at how writers are doing in Fan-fiction. I usually will offer my opinion in the nicest way I can while still driving my point home as to how said writer could make their writing even better. I would really like to help in any way I can so please don't be shy and go ahead an ask. I'll always answer any questions you have.

As for strong suits, I think I'll just say using description in my writing. I love detail, and I like to think that detail makes each post better and easier to understand.

All I have left to say is don't ever stop writing! The more you write, the better you will become! :)

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    solace - you'd certainly find a lot of ash in that region, yeah, as well as fairly disrupted seas. The reason for the huge eruption of Red Mountain, the big volcano at the heart of Morrowind, was because Bao Dur, a pet meteorite that Vivec was holding over the city bearing the same name (long story, don't ask) finally slammed down into Vivec the city, destroying it. Of course, it's been a long time since the meteor hit, but you'd still expect a bit of weirdness in that whole area, especially since it might have opened a few long-sealed Daedric ruins, which might be fun for RP possibilities!

As to your route, there's a good large-scale map of the province here,, courtesy of the Tamriel Rebuilt people. If you're coming from the Rift, I imagine you'd cross the Velothi mountains via the Rift Pass, and then you'd either take a boat round the top of Vvardenfell via Sheogorad and the Telvanni Islands in the North East (which is a bit more uneventful, but does take you straight to the creepy amoral mage-lords of the Telvanni, who would be interesting to talk to with Akaviri ships incoming), or you'd head by boat or by land to Mournhold and Necrom (the main capital and the main mortuary city, respectively). Both are in fairly hilly country, and dominated either by House Indoril, who are the religious zealots whose Ordinators where the iconic golden masks, or by Argonian occupation forces. So, whatever way you go offers a lot of cool stuff, and some amazing scenery, but it depends how much you want to make your voyage across Morrowind a story in itself - a war-time travelogue about a strange land coming to terms with itself and a foreign occupation in the wake of disaster - or whether you want to make the Akaviri battles your focus.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Hello, my name is Rekamennos, and I am new to the "Writer's Guild" as of yesterday...

I have been writing for years, and it is a passion of mine. I am willing to help develop plots, sustain originality, and bring a "broader spectrum of creativity" to the author in progress. I am good with detail, but do not come to me for much help in editing for I cannot say my strong suit in my own fan-fiction even is my grammar and punctuation. I have a decent amount of skill in it to pass as legible, I hope at least, and if you need help in that area I won't turn you down just can't promise the best.

I am really good with wordiness and helping one craft their paragraphs to flow as an entire unit. I am able to help develop a good structure, beginning with an outline format should you wish, and work with the writer to maintain the style developed from details in such outline to reflect their work.

I really love writing, and I always push myself to go above and beyond to try new things out whenever I can. I am currently a beginning English Major, and I am working towards a series of novels I have planned out over the past few years...but I am a proficient poet.

If you are looking for someone good with summary, I am not your gal. like editing, my biggest weakness of all is chopping length into shorter detail. I am a detail person at heart, and length is my specialty. I can help you push yourself to describe things without sounding as though you are rambling, and to keep yourself interested in what you are writing as you do it. Mostly because of outlines I plan out. However, with my current fan-fiction to "test the odds" I have not planned a single thing, and I am judging my creativity as I write each section piece by piece. Which is probably why it's taking me so long...

As like I said, I have a long term fanfic I have contributed to the forums, which is linked below. I also have begun roleplaying in a few RP's which are linked below.

I think that's pretty much it...I hope if you ever need help I can be the one who you can contact for answers. Though I won't promise I know everything, and if I do not, I am sure I could point you in the direction of someone who can. :D

As for forum related stuff, like articles and such, I don't know if I would be the best to contact with that...I know my lore to an extent, and I know how to write prose effectively, but I have a sinking feeling I wouldn't be much help in that department. Never have helped in it before, so I see nothing to back myself up on. :) (if even saying this is really even relevant just thought I'd put it out there)

Thanks!

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
    Bump!

This guild needs to be reanimated. Great idea.

I just feel that this guild is neglected.

Seen as though I have a little time free, I can aid assistance here too.

I write occultic literature and fiction pertaining to a multitude of genres. My imagination is vast. I inject fresh ideas and yet if needed I can spill a dark wine that taints any plot or narrative with complete darkness.

I did RPs extensively, but I have just been tied up with lots of other things. But I am starting a new project.

I am an author in many subjects. My latest endeavor and work was a construct of religious ceremonies and a type of African paganism that western Africans adopted by a corrupt order of neo-occultists. My counter attack on this perverted doctrine was a strong yet potent poison of truth unveiled that crippled and obliterated their system that tied the order under a leash from a prism oligarchy of charlatans. Ultimately the potency of my commentaries of this proved to be very deadly and ultimately brought this occultic order to an end. I taught divinity to a select handful of west Africans to "counter-preach" to the rest and I broadened their knowledge about the divine. The power removed their doctrine planted deep within the minds of many shattered into millions of meta-bits. A vanished memory of indoctrination faded. A root with barbed tips of mental entanglement. An infestation of false perceptions. A psychological maze of impurities. They tried to burn and cease printing in the poor towns that eventually they stopped it. The battle was won but the war they lost. The printing ceased but the cure was left. And it left it to combat the sickness it caused in the people. It destroyed their element of control which enslaved the minds and held hostage the notions of torture in the after life. A demon was waiting... But the demon vanquished because the light of an angel straightened that bent persona of the world a twisted vision back into a place of serenity and happiness. And alas the remainder that have been in those dark times will live on in that happiness and remain aware of the shaded elements of evil.

Just a recent backround story about myself. I am also an historian, I keep to the times 50 B.C to about 16th century A.D. But I also possess a vast understanding in a historical sense of early antiquity.

Well, I can help others in many things if I'm free ;)

End of thread necromancy :p

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    I actually just sent a PM to Rayven about this yesterday. It seems like once Shew left, the entire thing fell apart. In my opinion, the guild requires some major restructuring. I'd like to see it play a more proactive role in the community as far as roleplaying, fanfiction and guides.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Yeah I agree I will help out anyway I possibly can as quite a bit of my free time goes into role playing, so yeah I will help out and I do have contact with Shew so i will talk to him first before anyone does anything to make sure that Shew's okay with it

Geel-Kajin

I can't quite say the Guild's "fallen apart", but mainly because there are less members who require aid in comparison to the vast numbers of us out here. Thus, it seems less inactive. I have been helping people out quietly but if anyone needs more help I'll aid, and hopefully we can seem more proactive

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Hey Rebel. this guild is not under charge by anthrax and he is no longer apart of the guild due to things you already know about so yeah this is to everyone

Rextoret

top kek
    I'm looking to join this guild and/or get more information on it. Can anyone give me a quick overview on what this guild does, as well as the processes for joining?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts